Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Most guys with your attitude write a book' date=' but the last thing humanity needs is another self absorbed, angst filled, introverted, whiney existential journey into entropy. :D[/quote']

He loves himself too much to be filled with angst, hon. lol

I owe an apology to Mightybec for the above posts. I was frustrated at trying to work on a character, something I'm not good at and don't really like doing, and my temper flared.

I'm sorry, Brad.

I'm going to bed before I snap at anyone else. I don't have so many friends that I can alienate them indiscriminately.

Good night.

Why do I have the feeling that something really' date=' really, really bad is just about to happen?[/quote']Just how bad is really^3 bad? Maybe it's just something you ate? An undigested bit of beef, a blot of mustard, a crumb of cheese, a fragment of an underdone potato?

What the dickens? ;)

Phone rings, I answers...

Pollster: Sir would you mind taking a short two question poll

BS: Sure

Pollster: If the election were held today, who would you vote for, George Bush, John Kerry or Undecided

BS: Michael Badnarik

Pollster: Oooooooookaaaaaay

Second question was about a Missouri proposition. I love annoying them with third party canidates.

I've had a couple similar experiences. The most interesting one was the guy who came to the door and he hadn't heard of Badnarik. He asked me for more info and thanked me, claimed he was going to look into it more since he was working for Kerry but wasn't really too into Kerry!

I've had a couple similar experiences. The most interesting one was the guy who came to the door and he hadn't heard of Badnarik. He asked me for more info and thanked me' date=' claimed he was going to look into it more since he was working for Kerry but wasn't really too into Kerry![/quote']

From what I can tell, no one is.

JG

So... did anyone else see Farscape Sunday?

JG

Argggggh. I completely forgot about it. How was it?

I spent the entire day cleaning and reading with a nice mix of background music (which was an entertaining mix of War of the Worlds, Alan Parsons Project, Spyro Gyro, Pat Metheny, Run DMC, Peter Gabriel Genesis and Cober, a Seattle Band).

I spent the entire day cleaning and reading with a nice mix of background music (which was an entertaining mix of War of the Worlds, Alan Parsons Project, Spyro Gyro, Pat Metheny, Run DMC, Peter Gabriel Genesis and Cober, a Seattle Band).

Interesting mix. :)

Farscape was really cool. I think Part 2 is tonight.

JG

Guest Worldmaker

I really liked the explanation for why Sebacians look like Humans, and are interbreedable with them. I felt it made sense.

What's this 'Venture Brothers' I keep hearing about?

JG

If you like Johnny Quest, then you'll love the Venture Brothers, a brilliant parody on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim.

Cockpits and Booby Traps. The Venture Brothers are two hot-blooded, all-American teens who spend most of their time hopping from one whirlwind adventure to the next. Along with their caustic and self-centered father, Doctor Venture, the brothers have the uber-spy Brock Samson to protect them and the robot H.E.L.P.eR to, well...help them. Beset on all sides by inept enemies and strange goings-on, the Venture Brothers have to do all they can to make it out in one piece! Which really isn't much...

Brock is voiced by Patrick Warburton, and his love/nemesis is superspy Molotov Coctease, just to give you a taste...

Whoa, deja vu...

Wow - lot of good music listed there, although I've never listened to Run DMC or Cober.

War of the Worlds - the other Moody Blues album.

JG

I caught the first and second parts last night. I think SciFi execs are loopy in the head (well I thought that when the cancled Farscape originally). They were making a big deal about seeing both parts of "The Peacekeeper Wars" on Sunday. Umm, you just showed both parts of "The Peacekeeper Wars" tonight.

I thought they did a good job with it. They kept the feel of the original series the mix of sometimes hope, sometimes despair. The ending was nice, and I wonder if they plans on future mini-series or series. The definite plus is they were able to wrap up Season 4.