Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

For some reason' date=' today, I do. There are so many people who post on these boards, who really have [b']something[/b] to say. I was just feeling a bit guilty for having quantity, but not necessarily quality.

I think you've added substance. Plus we get to see more of your avatar. :D

For some reason' date=' today, I do. There are so many people who post on these boards, who really have [b']something[/b] to say. I was just feeling a bit guilty for having quantity, but not necessarily quality.
Are there Post Quality Police around? :fear:

I might have to start taking another route.

No big; Michelle and I are more secure in our relationship than nearly anyone we know personally. :thumbup: In any case' date=' I've never been known to have a jealous bone in my body; protective, yes. But jealousy poisons every relationship it enters (and I won't get into the hour-long rant I can easily get into on THAT subject).[/quote']

Granted, it took a lot of work to GET to that point. And I'm still getting used to him reading over my shoulder... I have to keep reminding myself, "It's interest, not paranoia... it's interest, not paranoia..."

My temper (and I definitely have one) is a lot like a glacier, at least when it comes to people; takes more work than one lone person can usually muster to make it crack, but you sure-as-hell don't want to be around when it drops. Check out the personality traits for Pisces/Snake sometime; pretty accurate all around.

John T

Oh God yes. It takes his fuse a while, but when it goes off, it goes off. And what's really stupid is that he lets little irritating stuff get to him while he blows off the big stuff. Don't ask me why.

Unfortunately, at the moment, hubby mine is not quite himself (vague sense of depression, can't tell me why)... so now I gotta be perky and happy to cheer him up, or else I might just let him sleep it off.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

Well, I dunno about the rest of you, but it's damned aggravating as time approaches a period of celebration and the one thing you can't do is AFFORD it.

But I am getting SOMETHING for my husband so there will be at least ONE present under my tree and cards for all my family and friends.

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

No matter how many times I've seen it' date=' the scene where the Eomer rides up beside Gandalf and says "Not alone. Never alone." and then his entire army shows up behind him to flow down the side of the mountain like a river always raises goosebumps.[/quote']

Similarly, every time I see The Incredibles (4th time today) I am on the edge of my seat during the jet fighter/missile sequence, and my eyes are watery with concern as the mother struggles to save her children.

Oh this is getting so bloody annoying! I live in a city with a population of over 50' date='000 people. And I can't get any of the local gamers to crawl out of their hiding places and let me game with them! The only bookstore in town, a Hastings franchise, has reduced their RPG section to one shelf and an impulse display next to the religious book section. :nonp: And whenever I stop in to hopefully catch a reclusive Kingmanite gamer shopping, no one is there. I've heard that some a driving to 2 and a half hours up to Vegas to one of the game stores up there. I haven't played in or GMed a game in almost two years, this is starting to border on the ridulously pathetic. I'd hate to have to leave the well-paying position that I have with the bank I work at. But as one of the old farts of gamerdom, I gots to have my gaming!!![/quote']

Sorry to hear that Dr. (oddly, I was just posting this as I saw your response to me in this same thread)

Geez' date=' sorry to hear that gewing.[/quote']

Thanks. It sounds as if the sellers agent is nuts. (3 sources :nonp: ) and everything seems to be taking far longer than it should. Our original close date was 11/30, now the lender is talking about rolling back the 12/7-12/15 dates!!!

We need to have a framed, pressure treated skirting built under it, an 18 inch berm built up against that, and the appraisal and FHA inspection, then another Structural engineer's inspection after the berm. I was told today that the Structural engineer is going on Christmas Vacation for a few weeks... :weep:

I Don't know quite how we will deal with it if we can't move until JANUARY!!!!!

I asked the lender if the engineer had a co-worker who could do the follow-up inspection, and he apparently hadn't even CONSIDERED that...

Yes, he believes there is a co-worker. :rolleyes:

I try not to think about it too much, my wife is depressed, and I am trying not to get that way. I could probably cry if I let myself stew on it. :(

Damn, should have put these posts on the Cranky thread!!!

I need some stress relief, and don't have a gaming group to get together with for an old fashioned blood bath!!! 300 orcs, 10 ogres, Set character on PUREE!!!

;)

Same here' date=' short fuse but hard to light it. Although my fuse has been shortened after what I had to deal with when I was working for a certain California health insurance company... :mad:[/quote']

I USUALLY have a pretty long fuse, but...

I USUALLY have a pretty long fuse' date=' but...[/quote']

I agree, you would have something really, really, really stupid to get me into an angry rage. But just one dose of BS office politics was enough to change that. When I had my intvu for the bank IS position I now have, I warned them that I am not going to stand any sort of BS office politics. And that's what got me hired.

Gewing,

Are you sure you want this house? From what you've said, it sounds like they've been playing games with you since day one. Some of the things they've tried to pull sound illegal. How heavily invested are you in this place? I would be real tempted to find another place.

I'd definately be willing to tell them that if they don't get their ducks in a row and everything done correctly and ON TIME that I'm going to withdraw my offer and find another place where I can deal with competant people who aren't trying to pull a fast one on me.

Doc

Our lender and agent seem pretty good, but we're caught by some oddities.

I spoke to our lender today, he is working on all the other details...

Our primary agent left for her yearly vacation in Mexico, so we are working with one of her co-workers. Not a big problem, but... minor delay. CO-worker seems to be a pretty sharp cookie. Problem is, I have been unable to reach her on any weekend, or the last two days. I reached the answering machine of her cel phone today, the last two I think she must have been out of area...

Seller's agent is apparently just about fruit loops. Whent he place was built 6 years ago, they didn't sink the foundation as deep as the current code requires. THis wouldn't be too hard to fix, but... Apparently it is NOT grandfathered.

Seller's agent has been told by some loan officer at another institution that the structural engineering inspection that found out about the foundation is not required unless for an FHA loan. Our lender says that NO underwriter will approve the loan without it now. Because of her bad advice, they think that if we walk on them, they won't have to have the work done to fix it. Unfortunately for them, it is now on record as a "material defect" so...

Unfortunately for US, the housing market here sucks at the moment. Nothing livable in our price range and on property.

Because of that, we are willing to pay the extra $5k to have the work done, but because (primarily)their realtor seems to be dragging her feet (minimum of a week response so far) things are taking WAYY too long.

Besides, this house really DOES meet most of our needs. No barn/garage, and it is a manufactured home instead of a stickbuilt, but it is on 12 acres and pretty nice...

If we don't get this underway, the weather might handicap the contractor.

If we don't get out of the Hell hole of a "dwelling" - Shanty is a pretty nice term for it- that we are in, I worry about our mental state. OK, I worry about it now, but...

Gewing,

Are you sure you want this house? From what you've said, it sounds like they've been playing games with you since day one. Some of the things they've tried to pull sound illegal. How heavily invested are you in this place? I would be real tempted to find another place.

I'd definately be willing to tell them that if they don't get their ducks in a row and everything done correctly and ON TIME that I'm going to withdraw my offer and find another place where I can deal with competant people who aren't trying to pull a fast one on me.

Doc

Hey' date=' don't think that, you have plenty of great posts, they're simply succinct, and while most others might be in the gaming threads, the gaming threads are fun and you keep them that way. So feel good about your 3K, and congrats![/quote']

I think you've added substance. Plus we get to see more of your avatar.

Thanks guys. I was having a bit of an inferiority fit this afternoon. I'm better now. I guess I'll have to get a few more ALIAS avatars, if they're that popular.

:D

Are there Post Quality Police around?

I might have to start taking another route.

No, that was just the "Personal Quality Control Mgr" voice in my head talking to me. Nothing to worry about. :)

Why does it seem like everyone is getting depressed? Is it the holidays?

Doc

I guess. As I get older, and the whole Santa Claus/Easter Bunny/Tooth Fairy belief system recedes in memory, the "holiday" season seems less a big deal, while Seasonal Affective Disorder (i.e. it's depressing because it's always DARK outside now) seems to take over.

JG

Oh this is getting so bloody annoying! I live in a city with a population of over 50' date='000 people. And I can't get any of the local gamers to crawl out of their hiding places and let me game with them! The only bookstore in town, a Hastings franchise, has reduced their RPG section to one shelf and an impulse display next to the religious book section. :nonp: And whenever I stop in to hopefully catch a reclusive Kingmanite gamer shopping, no one is there. I've heard that some a driving to 2 and a half hours up to Vegas to one of the game stores up there. I haven't played in or GMed a game in almost two years, this is starting to border on the ridulously pathetic. I'd hate to have to leave the well-paying position that I have with the bank I work at. But as one of the old farts of gamerdom, I gots to have my gaming!!![/quote']

Hey, you might as well move your game to Vegas.

Nowadays here it seems to take 2 1/2 hours of driving to get to work. ;)

JG