Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Put the gasoline on the toast after it comes out of the toaster.

This reminds me of the tale of Zoltan the Adequate, a ren faire performer who did (among other things) fire eating. One day, at the Michigan Ren Faire, he forgot to blow out the torch before re-dipping it into the can of kerosene. Shortly after he nearly got singed by flames, he panicked and tried to put the flames out by kicking the can. All this did was spread burning kerosene all over a wooden stage.

This reminds me of the tale of Zoltan the Adequate' date=' a ren faire performer who did (among other things) fire eating. One day, at the Michigan Ren Faire, he forgot to blow out the torch before re-dipping it into the can of kerosene. Shortly after he nearly got singed by flames, he panicked and tried to put the flames out by kicking the can. All this did was spread burning kerosene all over a wooden stage.[/quote']

are you sure that this was straight keroscene? Not meths or some sort of blend?

Because you can shove a lit torch into a pot of keroscene and extinguish the flame. (its not recomended by ANYONE but its doable)

are you sure that this was straight keroscene? Not meths or some sort of blend?

Because you can shove a lit torch into a pot of keroscene and extinguish the flame. (its not recomended by ANYONE but its doable)

I've no idea. I am only re-telling the story as it was relayed to me, by a witness at the MI ren fair and Zoltan, himself. None of them, however, went into detail about the exact contents of the accelerant being used... they only lamented about how stupid it was for him to not make sure the torch was out before dipping it back into the can.

Guest Skaramine

While getting ready for my son's Xmas performance tonight' date=' I get a call from work asking me why I'm not there. Doe to some scheduling screw up, I am here and not with my son. Tomorrow we shall see who made the error. Needless to say, I am not pleased.[/quote']

And the sad thing is... he won't even know how deep shit he's in when you call him "Lambchop."

Poor guy.

Take pictures. You might not be able to post them here, but there's always Rotten.com.

I was checking out the members list' date='And sorting by the various headings, and saw that Zornwil hasn't been on since yesterday! A whole day without him posting. Is he okay? I hope it is nothing serious.[/quote']

He's probably been out doing his X-mas shopping. He'll be back to post another 1000 before New Years. :D

It happens to us all. Heck' date=' folks on this board are convinced that I am calm and serene because I've never lost it on the boards. White Heat and DocMan could tell stories that would forever shatter [i']that[/i] myth, let me tell you.

Let me put it this way -- the chief difference between "calm and serene" and "depressed apathy" is not one that is readily evident over the internet. Your "calm and serene" is my "hide the knives and empty the medicine cabinet". I just mention this.

Guest Skaramine

This from the compliment thread comes straight out of left field for me.

Quote:

Death Tribble reminds me of Captain Kirk.

And the first toupee joke gets the person saying it embalmed. While they are still alive.

Funny... I thought you looked more like the thing on top of David Letterman's head. :nonp:

Guest Skaramine

I was expecting the link to be a picture of a dead mouse :o

... [a brief moment of silence for the little rat]

It's understandable... but I don't do mousie snuff. :(

I remember around 6000 D-Man morphed into Von D-Man.

I also remember that then 6000 posts was A LOT.

So how does "Von Bazza" sound? has a nice ring to it? :whistle:

Von D-Man sounds sinister, aggressive, powerful and does have a ring to it.

Von Bazza. Let's pretend you never said that or wrote it either.

Guest Skaramine

Any good ?

Hang on how would you know ? you are Australian ?

One of the absolute best. In college and high school, I made sure to stay up and watch Dave. He's been around since the 80's and he's still fresh.

Guest Skaramine

I find glue traps to be inhumane. I've seen mice chew off limbs trying to get out. I use a standard bar trap. It kills quickly enough that they're likely dead before they realize fear' date=' and they're reuseable (assuming the kill didn't break the skin and cause a mess).[/quote']

My father was the one who bought them, and had us set them out.

Mom had a load of bar traps, and I bought four have-a-hearts.

Then when we caught the poor thing he's "oh, I never liked those... they suffer..."