Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

And familiar, too.

But having one's brain deeply embedded in the gutter sort of makes civilized conversation difficult. When I stifle a giggle, I can still hear it in my head, and it tends to drown out whatever the other person's talking about.

Speaking of which, try attending a meeting where ordering extra parts for spares is known as "shrinkage". Some people have no tolerance for someone adopting the George Costanza voice and quipping, "shrinkage" in a meeting in response to tallies of extra parts available.

Guest Skaramine

I maybe missing someing obvious but what not both? can you use thme both' date=' or do you need two hand for each one?[/quote']

1 - Practical answer - different magazines, might get confusing.

2 - Me answer? Yer right. They're just a bit big to stick into my waistband.

Speaking of which' date=' try attending a meeting where ordering extra parts for spares is known as "shrinkage". Some people have no tolerance for someone adopting the George Costanza voice and quipping, "shrinkage" in a meeting in response to tallies of extra parts available.[/quote']

^ v ^

That's what we called theft n stuff at Suncoast. My managers would tell me, "We have a huge problem with shrinkage."

Man, I have NO idea how I got through those conversations with a straight face.

^ v ^

That's what we called theft n stuff at Suncoast. My managers would tell me, "We have a huge problem with shrinkage."

Man, I have NO idea how I got through those conversations with a straight face.

I'm immature...I admit it, but I have more fun that way. I could be like the other engineers I know and sit back while the world goes by around them. I choose to give in to my inner child. My wife can't believe some of the words that come out of my mouth.

My immaturity even came up on a recent performance review. I was told to be less humorous in serious design reviews, to which I replied, "Well, that's not going to happen. What's next on the list?" If they start docking my pay for my quips and stretching out meetings past their time allotted then maybe I will do something about it. Considering they still give me very good raises the chances of me changing are slim to none.

So, in reference to the conversation you had, I would have replied, "Do you now? Well, I hear shrinkage can be a huge problem."

Woohoo! I did it! Scream away Zornwil.

Sorry, were you screaming about something important? Your screams were drowned out by my enthusiasm. I apologize.

That's okay. Glad to see you did it!

I could stand to hear others' enthusiasm, it reminds me there's more to life than getting hung up about work. Almost cancelled vacation on a rash impulse out of frustration about some things dragging out all of a sudden today and me feeling like it warranted just coming in. Then I realized life's too short (and stressing out only makes it shorter).

The g/f found her missing cat. It seems she (the cat) was hiding in the garage for several days, sneaking out only rarely to eat and...um...do her bidness in the litter box.

One issue down, several more to go...

So, how many more issues does that leave?

So' date=' how many more issues does that leave?[/quote']

Heh...well, there's the negativity thing (the worst of the bunch, IMO), and the judgmental thing (she tends to be very judgmental, probably stemming from being a sheriff), the communication thing (not opening up often or easily; also probably from being a cop so long), and the needy thing (relatively minor, but she needs to get some friends and learn to do things on her own instead of ALWAYS wanting to do something with me).

I think that covers it. Nothing's insurmountable at this point, but I'll be expecting her to meet me halfway on most of these issues in the near future (and yes, I'll be polite and reasonable and non-antagonistic).

The sex is good, though.

Heh...well, there's the negativity thing (the worst of the bunch, IMO), and the judgmental thing (she tends to be very judgmental, probably stemming from being a sheriff), the communication thing (not opening up often or easily; also probably from being a cop so long), and the needy thing (relatively minor, but she needs to get some friends and learn to do things on her own instead of ALWAYS wanting to do something with me).

I think that covers it. Nothing's insurmountable at this point, but I'll be expecting her to meet me halfway on most of these issues in the near future (and yes, I'll be polite and reasonable and non-antagonistic).

The communication thing will make it difficult to talk about the other things at first. When does the judgmental thing kick in? After you have been drinking all night with your band? The needy thing - yeah, I bring this one up to my wife as well. She has just now started making friends after being down in Florida for 4 years. Of course, when she goes out that means I watch the kids.

The sex is good, though.

Well...everything else is just icing on the cake. Although Dave, she DOES need those handcuffs back to do her job.

The communication thing will make it difficult to talk about the other things at first. When does the judgmental thing kick in? After you have been drinking all night with your band? The needy thing - yeah' date=' I bring this one up to my wife as well. She has just now started making friends after being down in Florida for 4 years. Of course, when she goes out that means I watch the kids.[/quote']

The communication thing kicks in whenever there's a serious topic on the table.

The judgmental thing just is. Drinking, not drinking, socializing, not socializing. She tends to be incredibly harsh about the way people dress, talk, act, are. it bugs me, because she can't seem to just accept most people for who they are (this doesn't include those who take the time and make the effort to be seriously friggin' annoying).

The needy thing...*sigh*. It's a problem sometimes, to be sure. Mainly it's me wanting to do things on occassion without her, but her taking that as a personal insult or (worse) an indication that I'm no longer as interested in her.

Well...everything else is just icing on the cake. Although Dave, she DOES need those handcuffs back to do her job.

Not those. She got too many comments regarding the zebra-patterned fur to want to bring 'em to work anymore.

esus H Christ Vanguard, I'd trade my wife for this chick anyday. You have a seriously fcuked up woman there and you should run away screaming... but she's still better than the woman I love.

That's the thing about love, it's indiscriminant and it doesn't care who it hurts.

esus H Christ Vanguard, I'd trade my wife for this chick anyday. You have a seriously fcuked up woman there and you should run away screaming... but she's still better than the woman I love.

That's the thing about love, it's indiscriminant and it doesn't care who it hurts.

I'm probably painting a worse picture than necessary. Most of the time these aren’t really serious issues. By “serious†I mean nothing I can’t handle. I adapt and overcome, and I can usually mollify her more extreme issues with patience and understanding. Right now, though, I’m a little out of sorts because of the amount of stress she’s put on me recently, plus my own issues I have to deal with.

This is a girl I’ve been with for three years, and my previous record for lengthy relationships was something along the lines of eighteen months, so she’s already a winner by default. Too, she’s one of those people who (most of the time) I can hang with in just about any environment. Out to a nice quiet dinner, movies, snugglin’ on the couch, partyin’ hard, dancing the night away, listening to a band, drinkin’ in the neighborhood dive bar, friendly bbq gatherings…she’s the sort I like having by my side because she can keep up socially. She’s intelligent, has a good sense of humor, is a decent singer, is attractive and generally a good person. We were also voted “couple most likely to whoop ass†in our favorite hang-out. Gotta luv a girl who can kick as much arse as you can (if not more, when properly motivated).

I’m just focusing on the negatives at the moment because I need a break from being so friggin’ positive all the time. Kinda like putting down the weight to rest my shoulders, if you know what I mean.

Oh, and the sex is good.

I sit here reading the "Musings on Random Musings" Threads and then realize I have no frickin' clue how to quote from one thread and put it into another. So, I lamely wait for someone else to start a string and then pounce on it.

On another note - What, does everybody stay up late just to post?

What I do is hit reply in Random Musings to what I want to answer, and then a blank reply in Musings on Random. Then I do the cut'n'paste.

I stay up pretty late in any case. Though the last couple nights I've been getting to bed by 2am.

The g/f found her missing cat. It seems she (the cat) was hiding in the garage for several days, sneaking out only rarely to eat and...um...do her bidness in the litter box.

One issue down, several more to go...

Good that the cat was found. I've seen too many cases of the cat making a break for it and no effort made in retrieval.

Good luck on the other stuff.