Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

You are really frayed at the edges in this post - are you okay?

Heh...not so frayed. I couldn't find my keys and in the process of looking for them realized my computer was on, so I sat down. Naturally I got sucked in.

Found my keys, too. And got my drink.

Guest Skaramine

Heh...not so frayed. I couldn't find my keys and in the process of looking for them realized my computer was on, so I sat down. Naturally I got sucked in.

Just remember, all things in moderation.

This comic and the other "strip style" Coasts are more like Sunday Strips than actually part of the storyline. The Reason that these exist is that I draw These for my University Mag Salient and they feature the same characters and are more or less part of the world just not part of the storyline if that makes sense. If it doesn't you can kiss my ass.

For using that colour scheme and sodding around with my eyesight, I shall set fire to 100 New Zealand sheep and leave the legend Nic Sando made me do it.

See you explain that to the RSPCA

Guest Skaramine

For using that colour scheme and sodding around with my eyesight, I shall set fire to 100 New Zealand sheep and leave the legend Nic Sando made me do it.

See you explain that to the RSPCA

OWNED!

Cool, the tone to me sounded frantic, glad it was just a "finding keys" thing.

Ever start typing out a response to a post and find that you've typed way too much and still didn't really say anything of use, and then just delete the whole damn thing and move on?

Happens to me a lot.

Probably not as much as it should, though :)

I do all the time. I've deleted posts after I submitted them as well.

Ever start typing out a response to a post and find that you've typed way too much and still didn't really say anything of use, and then just delete the whole damn thing and move on?

Happens to me a lot.

Probably not as much as it should, though :)

Absolutely. Oh, I see Lemming's post - yes, I have deleted some lengthy ones as well,

"Christian on Christian violence raged on for hundreds, if not thousands of years. When the church aligned itself with the state, as it did in much of Europe, freedom of religion did not exist. You either believed what they wanted you to believe, or else! Thank God our founding fathers were intimately familiar with history and did everything in their power to keep a similar Church/State from being built here. Freedom of religion, freedom of any sort, would not be possible otherwise. How have my conservative brothers and sisters forgotten that our forefathers didn’t flee from Europe to escape from gays, evolutionists, liberal democrats, etc., etc.? They fled to escape the overreaching influence of their fellow Christians."

-- Teddy Lee Brown, The Confessions of a Born-Again Heretic

Amen.

It's quite true that the Founding Fathers founded this country in terms of religious values- it's also true that those values are not completely (or even at all) synonymous with the political and theological values of the "Religious Right." But since the Religious Right seem to think that religious belief is synonymous with a right-wing political belief, that detail of history seems to escape them.

JG

I may be gone for a few days as Ingrid is on her way. She currently is a category 5 cyclone. More than 30 years ago a category 4 cyclone Tracy totally destroyed the city and is still remembered.

Wish me luck. I hope I don't need it.

Current map of Ingrid and explanation of the severity categories

Good luck. Hope the storm does little to remember it by.

Re: Confess!

I confess that I tied knots in the chakras of a man that was making my husband's life tough at work, and left him like that for 3 months...

BELLY-FU, as in shimmyshimmyshimmy WHAM! Body check into the wall shimmyshimmyhipcircle WHAM! Body check down the stairs and armcirclearmcircle WHAM! broken nose flat on your a**!!!

(\ /)

(O.o)

(> <)

Remember, everthing that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did backwards, and in heels.

And he deserved it!

Guest Skaramine

Re: Confess!

I confess that I tied knots in the chakras of a man that was making my husband's life tough at work, and left him like that for 3 months...

BELLY-FU, as in shimmyshimmyshimmy WHAM! Body check into the wall shimmyshimmyhipcircle WHAM! Body check down the stairs and armcirclearmcircle WHAM! broken nose flat on your a**!!!

(\ /)

(O.o)

(> <)

Remember, everthing that Fred Astaire did, Ginger Rogers did backwards, and in heels.

And he deserved it!

How could we... have this done for someone else? :D

I may be gone for a few days as Ingrid is on her way. She currently is a category 5 cyclone. More than 30 years ago a category 4 cyclone Tracy totally destroyed the city and is still remembered.

Good luck and be well. I remember what it was like dodging hurricane Andrew back when I was in Florida. Not an experience I'd relish repeating.

John T

Current map of Ingrid and explanation of the severity categories

Hope things are okay, good luck. Glad to hear it went to 3.

An interesting variation on that story in the Scorpion Clan book for L5R:

The Scorpion and the Frog

A scorpion and a frog meet on the bank of a stream and the

scorpion asks the frog to carry him across on its back. The

frog asks, "How do I know you won't sting me?" The scorpion

says, "Because if I do, I will die too."

The frog is satisfied, and they set out, but in midstream,

the scorpion stings the frog. The frog feels the onset of

paralysis and starts to sink, knowing they both will drown,

but has just enough time to gasp "Why?"

Replies the scorpion: "Silly frog, I can swim..."