Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I slept really well last night, a lot of dreams.

In one dream, I was cleaning. Yet it was a GOOD dream.

See, I dreamt there was a piece of fiberglass or something, and it was all muddy and gross. I hosed it off, but it was still kinda grimy, so I lathered on soap, and had this feeling of peace as it rinsed off all clean and white and gleaming.

I woke up happy.

It's been a few years since I've remembered any of my dreams. That's not unusual for me. Of course, part of that is that I don't remember ever having an unambiguously pleasant dream, and along with the regularly-scheduled nightmares I had while I was 6 - 10, I tried hard to achieve the state of not remembering them.

Perhaps one of the best photoshop contests I have seen in a long time on Fark

"In celebration of $500,000 in taxpayer money going to paint a fish on a plane, photoshop some other ideas for the government to paint on aircraft"

http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=1698448

My favorites:

No more TGIFriday's cheesy potatoskins for me.

Though my co-worker had the same thing so I am not ruling out virus. The wife brought me some 7up and pepto on her way home from work. It was very nice of her.

Hmmmmm......

I've eaten LOTS of Friday's Potato Skins, both in the restaurant and from the grocer's freezer with no problem. Maybe it was a virus. :confused: Oh well, who cares, long as it's GONE.

why is jabba the hutt even a villian! he's stupid, slow, fat, grotesque and he can't hardly get anywhere without the aid of a forklift! why didn't anyone just pour salt on him before!

bah! movie logic!!!

George Lucas wanted Jerry Falwell for the role, but Falwell turned him down, that's why.

JG

why is jabba the hutt even a villian! he's stupid' date=' slow, fat, grotesque and he can't hardly get anywhere without the aid of a forklift! why didn't anyone just pour salt on him before![/quote']
George Lucas wanted Jerry Falwell for the role' date=' but Falwell turned him down, that's why.[/quote']There's a difference?..

Other than salary expectations?.. :think:

What is mudblood anyway?

A witch or wizard from the Harry Potter universe whose parents are muggles (non-magical, mundanes).

It basically plays off the idea of 'purebloodedness' and those who discriminate against those not in their elite little club that's based on nothing they have any control over.

In the case of Hermione, who is currently Ben's avatar, she was born to 2 muggle parents, but is arguably the best witch of her generation. Despite her hard work and study, though, people discriminate against her just because she wasn't born to parents who'd had magic in their family for hundreds and hundreds of years.

I liked Ben's avatar at first but now I find it vaguely disquieting.

I just thought he wanted to be a woman since he is a transvestite (spelling?).

If the avatar is the same girl.. Maybe we should ask him before jumping to conclusions. Why don't you do it Zornwill? :yes:

I just thought he wanted to be a woman since he is a transvestite (spelling?).

If the avatar is the same girl.. Maybe we should ask him before jumping to conclusions. Why don't you do it Zornwill? :yes:

I believe he's mentioned it. Basically, a lot of people, upon seeing the first movie, noted that the actress would be quite attractive when she grew up. She's now of legal age, so Ben is openly acknowledging that she HAS grown up to be hot.

I believe he's mentioned it. Basically' date=' a lot of people, upon seeing the first movie, noted that the actress would be quite attractive when she grew up. She's now of legal age, so Ben is openly acknowledging that she HAS grown up to be hot.[/quote']

They grow up so fast don't they..

I still think Zorwill should demand an public explanation :eg:

Go for it Zorn! Go! Go! Go!

:sneaky:

A witch or wizard from the Harry Potter universe whose parents are muggles (non-magical, mundanes).

It basically plays off the idea of 'purebloodedness' and those who discriminate against those not in their elite little club that's based on nothing they have any control over.

In the case of Hermione, who is currently Ben's avatar, she was born to 2 muggle parents, but is arguably the best witch of her generation. Despite her hard work and study, though, people discriminate against her just because she wasn't born to parents who'd had magic in their family for hundreds and hundreds of years.

Not having seen the HP flicks, I thought that avatar was Beyonce Knowles.

JG