Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Guest kawaii gin neko

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I guess my question really belongs in this thread: What is a "Teabag Thread" ?

*snorts* i had the funniest thought when i read that...

*giggles* ^^ but i won't go into it...its TOO bad...

Guest kawaii gin neko

Congrats on the gig! You're buyin'. :D

dude, a thing like this, you've GOTTA go out and celebrate! i say, we all go to my sister's restaurant and raid their bar! WOOT!!! XD

Guest kawaii gin neko

I have that same reflex everytime I see that one. I am so so filthy.

^^ well, being non-filthy is highly overrated, methinks.

^_^

BTW' date=' folks, tonight is a close approach of Mars to Earth. Not as close as the one a couple of years ago, but still a good one. If you have clear skies late this evening, look east. It's the bright yellowish-orangish "star".[/quote']

"With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter. It is possible that the infusoria under the microscope do the same. No one gave a thought to the older worlds of space as sources of human danger, or thought of them only to dismiss the idea of life upon them as impossible or improbable. It is curious to recall some of the mental habits of those departed days. At most terrestrial men fancied there might be other men upon Mars, perhaps inferior to themselves and ready to welcome a missionary enterprise. Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."

"With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs' date=' serene in their assurance of their empire over matter. It is possible that the infusoria under the microscope do the same. No one gave a thought to the older worlds of space as sources of human danger, or thought of them only to dismiss the idea of life upon them as impossible or improbable. It is curious to recall some of the mental habits of those departed days. At most terrestrial men fancied there might be other men upon Mars, perhaps inferior to themselves and ready to welcome a missionary enterprise. Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us."[/quote']

UUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuullllllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!

After two work performance reviews, one on last monday, the other two weeks before that I have a meeting tomorrow with the CEO and my Manager.

I reckon they will offer 2 things: resign or they will terminate me, or offer me something at a lower level if available.

anyway, prayers, well wishes, anything welcome.

Yuck, good luck, in any and all events. Sorry to hear this. But perhaps it will lead to something better, on the whole.

Not just triggered by Enforcer84, but have been reminded of this from various directions - melancholy, but oh well...

Joy Division, "Love Will Tear Us Apart" -

When routine bites hard, and ambitions are low

And resentment rides high, but emotions won't grow

And we're changing our ways, taking different roads

Then love,

love will tear us apart

again --

Why is the bedroom so cold? You've turned away on your side

Is my timing that flawed - our respect run so dry?

Yet there's still this appeal that we've kept through our lives

Love,

love will tear us apart

again --

You cry out in your sleep - all my failings expose

There's a taste in my mouth, as desperation takes hold

Just that something so good just can't function no more

When love,

love will tear us apart

again --