Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I bought my first Bob Dylan cd tonight. Actually it was 3 cds, a box set of:

- Bringing it all back home

- Highway 61 Revisited

- Blond on Blond

I'm a little dissapointed that there is not a comprehensive compilation of him important songs culled from his debut album up until John Wesley Harding -- "the voice of a generation" phase of his career. Each of those albums has 2 to 4 songs that would be perfect for such a compilation album.

Highway 61 Revisited is one of his very best albums. Desolation Row is without a doubt one oef my favorite songs (top 3, easily).

Blood on the Tracks is a "must have." MUST. I had a great CD player with a "delete" option by which I never had to hear Lily Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts ever again. I sure miss that thing.

- Highway 61 Revisited

- Blond on Blond

I'm a little dissapointed that there is not a comprehensive compilation of him important songs culled from his debut album up until John Wesley Harding -- "the voice of a generation" phase of his career. Each of those albums has 2 to 4 songs that would be perfect for such a compilation album.

Yeah, that would make sense, I would get something like that.

- Highway 61 Revisited

- Blond on Blond

Blood on the Tracks is a "must have." MUST. I had a great CD player with a "delete" option by which I never had to hear Lily Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts ever again. I sure miss that thing.

I agree with BoneDaddy about Blood on the Tracks. It's in the CD wallet here in my office desk drawer.

Thank you all for your thoughts about the loss of Loki. Turns out my wife was there, literally, for the death throes, and she's getting a tetanus shot this morning. The boy was surprised and took it hard; my daughter has been paying more attention and showed more depth than I anticipated. I'm glad the cat's suffering is over.

Thank you all for your thoughts about the loss of Loki. Turns out my wife was there' date=' literally, for the death throes, and she's getting a tetanus shot this morning. The boy was surprised and took it hard; my daughter has been paying more attention and showed more depth than I anticipated. I'm glad the cat's suffering is over.[/quote']

That sounds very difficult, sorry the passing was not so peaceful.

Thank you all for your thoughts about the loss of Loki. Turns out my wife was there' date=' literally, for the death throes, and she's getting a tetanus shot this morning. The boy was surprised and took it hard; my daughter has been paying more attention and showed more depth than I anticipated. I'm glad the cat's suffering is over.[/quote'] God bless you and your family.

Highway 61 Revisited is one of his very best albums. Desolation Row is without a doubt one oef my favorite songs (top 3, easily).

After reading about the song on Wikipedia, it reminds me of the dramatics of Rose Tattoo's The Butcher and Fast Eddy.

Edit: I hope you appreciated my blonde joke "Blond on Blond" ;)

It's been an odd week. Some lamo tried to walk out of a building with a cat to introduce to his rot/pit mix.

A) We have people to test cat/dog mixing in a safe enviroment. Not the back of your Subarban with no plates.

B) We have an adoption policy. We like to make sure that you'd provide a good home.

C) Maybe it would be a good idea to double check if the cat needs frequent medical procedures.

Thankfully a coworker spotted the cat under the guys shirt and retrieved the cat.

Several of us had seen the guy earlier in the day. I thought he looked familiar. Not sure why.

That night I get home. Two parking spaces over, white Subarban, no plates. Great, I live next to the cat-napper.

The sherrif did have a talk with the guy and the message that he was not be found on the sanctuary grounds ever again was delivered. The next day, the guy is gone. Interesting, though there's still stuff in the studio.

it did get us to look for another place to rent while we build on our property though. That and the other neighbor's new boyfriend just got out of prison for child molestation. Apparently, I do live in the bad part of town. :doi:

12 ga. Laser sight.

Mini 30 or M-1 carbine, hollow or soft point bullets, and a laser sight.

bear spray.

Rechargable spotlight. The 1 million candlepower ones can be had for about $20, sometimes less. They are VERY HANDY.

Big dog. I'm interested in a mastiff or a great Dane, though the next big one will probably a black standard poodle.

Congress has so thoroughly abdicated its role in this system, from the budget where it nods to sitting presidents to wars where it lies back and gives permission then says "oh we didn't mean it, you misled us!" in an obvious ploy. The reality is, Congress had the knowledge and responsibility to not allow the war, and very little, if anything, has changed since then.

Quite.

Of course the other side is a President willing to be expedient (like LBJ) and not demand a full declaration of war, which would imply both accountability and respect for the Constitution- something neither party and no branch of government is really keen on.

And if the Democrats object so much, what of the War Powers Act?

JG

12 ga. Laser sight.

Mini 30 or M-1 carbine, hollow or soft point bullets, and a laser sight.

bear spray.

Rechargable spotlight. The 1 million candlepower ones can be had for about $20, sometimes less. They are VERY HANDY.

Big dog. I'm interested in a mastiff or a great Dane, though the next big one will probably a black standard poodle.

Consider a Black Russian Terrier.

Thanks Gewing. I was going to go primitive. Lead pipe or 2x4 with a nail.

My coworker who is a woman, maybe 5'3" and weighs 100 lbs wet, got Peggy Sue back from the guy very quickly. Just moved quick. I think if it had been myself or the other 6'+ guy who I work with, the catnapper may of gotten defensive which would of been bad for the cat.

So it looks to have worked out, bad guy is gone. Cats are good.

I thought about them' date=' but we'll have a baby, and we weren't certain just how good they are with kids. Besides, they are kind of hard to find around here.[/quote']

I understand they were bred by the Soviet to be police dogs, but failed as a breed because because they were protective and gentle. I haven't actually met any of them in person so I can't say.

Gah. More bad people reports.

Drive up to the Welcome Center to drop off Jenn and there are two dogs tied up to a sign. A Heeler and a Golden Lab. They had been there for at least a few hours and it's freezing out there. (As in below 32 F)

There are also plenty of coyotes roaming around during the night time.

They seemed OK, the the Heeler was covered in light wounds, and very glad to see people. Someone from Dogs came down to pick them up. After they go thru medical check, they'll most likely get adopted.

It's days like today that have me wondering exactly what the statistics are for computer illiteracy in the US...

And when are we going to invent a real term for that, anyway? Something like...

Incomputance.

It's an interesting issue, and of course no singular cause, but understanding it will help people in the future. Some people have problem with the basics of the interface itself, it seems, to any computer, while others are truly phobic of either computers or technology (leading edge, anyway) generally. Although out of people who are phobic to computers, they often operate stuff others might be phobic of or stuff equally techonlogical.

It's an interesting issue' date=' and of course no singular cause, but understanding it will help people in the future. Some people have problem with the basics of the interface itself, it seems, to any computer, while others are truly phobic of either computers or technology (leading edge, anyway) generally. Although out of people who are phobic to computers, they often operate stuff others might be phobic of or stuff equally techonlogical.[/quote']Heh, wasn't really looking for a real answer. :)

The things that really blew me away about the call:

1) She wants to put together a website herself, but stated (more than once) that she's "incomputant", and

2) she had a web designer working for her before, but doesn't now.

By the time I taught her the "undo" shortcut, I was mentally searching for a way to tell her "Ma'am, you need to hire someone to call me."

Arg.