Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Many animal species feed their young by giving them regurgitated, partially digested food.

Humans do not do this.

However, humans do make casseroles.

Not exactly, but humans do make mashed foods for their young, and some of those contain protiens that have been broken down for easy digestion. The difference between that and regurgitated, partially digested food escapes me...

Not exactly' date=' but humans do make mashed foods for their young, and some of those contain protiens that have been broken down for easy digestion. The difference between that and regurgitated, partially digested food escapes me...[/quote']

All the regurgitated food I've encountered has made me want to regurgitate, as well.

Also' date=' he's growing faster than even most babies do at 6 months. He's above the 95th percentile for his height.[/quote']Midget. Both my kids left the top of the chart.

Based on their heights at 2 years, my son's projected adult height is 6'6", my daughter will be 6'3".

How tall are you?
I'm 6' and a bit, but my wife is 5'10" and would have been 6' as well but for a back injury when she was a teenager. Our kid's height comes mainly from her side, I'm sure - her father was 6'4", and her paternal grandmother was over 6', and all her siblings and neices and nephews are above-average height too. Then again, my sister and I are likewise above average height, she's also 5'10", so it's not like my genes are holding back the kids growth either!

The only "runt" in the family is the mother-in-law, who's 5'2"!

Cancer,

The women are as follows just so we are sure.

Gillian Anderson. Scully in the X-Files

Lucy Lawless. Xena Warrior Princess

Alyson Hannigan. Willow in Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Jodie Foster. Oscar Winning actress cf Silence of the Lambs

Myrna Loy. 30s and 40s Hollywood actress in the Thin Man films and with Cary Grant in Mr Blandings builds his Dreamhouse

Vanessa Upton. British model whose pics appeared in the much missed Catsuit thread.

Siouxsie Sioux. Singer and composer with Siouxsie and the Banshees. One of the infamous Bromley Contingent who were the Sex Pistol fans.

Which 4 did you not know ?

Cancer,

The women are as follows just so we are sure.

Gillian Anderson. Scully in the X-Files

Lucy Lawless. Xena Warrior Princess

Alyson Hannigan. Willow in Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Jodie Foster. Oscar Winning actress cf Silence of the Lambs

Myrna Loy. 30s and 40s Hollywood actress in the Thin Man films and with Cary Grant in Mr Blandings builds his Dreamhouse

Vanessa Upton. British model whose pics appeared in the much missed Catsuit thread.

Siouxsie Sioux. Singer and composer with Siouxsie and the Banshees. One of the infamous Bromley Contingent who were the Sex Pistol fans.

Which 4 did you not know ?

Hannigan, Loy, Upton, & Sioux. I partake of very little TV or film, and I detached myself from following popular music in the mid-1980's. It wasn't until after the age of 35 that I finally saw Casablanca.

Yes, back when Trivial Pursuit came out, I always got murdered at the pink category. All the others were ... well, trivially easy, except the ones where the game had the answer wrong :mad:.

I have well and truly passed the Dykenamic Duo on the rep list. It took me just over a year' date=' and I didn't have to flirt with anyone or post pr0n pictures. I also didn't contribute much of value, as my Centennial Master post-count level indicates. Just goes to prove, Rep is meaningless.[/quote']

I'm so jealous.

So...

I got a call at work from the woman my father left my mother for. It seems that my sister (whose wedding I attended in London, in March) has been having an affair with a co-worker.

Her mother wanted me to contact my father to talk to herabout it.

so if you are keeping score at home

this is a family of cheaters.

I am unwell.

Hey, my family was into teenage pregnancy before teenage pregnancy was cool.

JG

Cheating is bad, but don't write off your whole family just for one (admittedly major) defect. I assume there are no drug addicts or thieves or abusers amongst your family.

No one gets to choose their family; that's why we have the NGD. :D

Now I see what you're talking about.

The other thing is, the mother could be lying - which is almost a worse possibility. Hate to say it, but it should be kept in mind.

Cheating is bad, but don't write off your whole family just for one (admittedly major) defect. I assume there are no drug addicts or thieves or abusers amongst your family.

No one gets to choose their family; that's why we have the NGD. :D

No, years of denial (but once he went to prison for manslaughter and, as part of his term he wrote an autobiography that all but called my mother a stupid whore) I finally caught on that my biological father's world view and mine didn't jibe. By then I had already given up hope on his older brother and his mother. I try to keep the patriarchal portion of my family at arm's length.

As far as my sister I hope she and her new husband can work it out. But having gone through my own divorce I'd say my best advice would be for everyone to let them alone.

But the Rileys don't do that. :sigh:

No, years of denial (but once he went to prison for manslaughter and, as part of his term he wrote an autobiography that all but called my mother a stupid whore) I finally caught on that my biological father's world view and mine didn't jibe. By then I had already given up hope on his older brother and his mother. I try to keep the patriarchal portion of my family at arm's length.

As far as my sister I hope she and her new husband can work it out. But having gone through my own divorce I'd say my best advice would be for everyone to let them alone.

But the Rileys don't do that. :sigh:

Extramarital affairs are horribly overrated.

Divorces are horribly underrated, IMNSHO.

Good luck to you and yours.

Midget. Both my kids left the top of the chart.

Based on their heights at 2 years, my son's projected adult height is 6'6", my daughter will be 6'3".

Hmm, I was a bit short at 2. Actually, my height was short to average until I hit high school, and wasn't considered tall until senior year. (Hit 6' just before graduation. 6'8" was the final height) But maybe I'm a mutant...