Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

I had no idea there were still CDs worth buying.

Well... first I don't own everything I had in my cassette collection on CD yet. I don't have all the good stuff from the Jazz Era, missing a big chunk of the good blues from the 50s and 60s. There's a bunch of non-US stuff I have to add in (there are some really cool Swedish and Norwegian bands, that aren't death metal, out there). Not to mention my collection of 80s stuff is lacking, I've got most of what I want from the 90s (with the exception of some very rare items) and there's the miscellaneous CDs I need just to complete a discography of an artist I like (even if I don't like all of their CDs...)

There's TONS of good music out there and I need it ALL.

ALL OF IT!

:help:

I had no idea there were still CDs worth buying.

I've managed to accumulate all but one of the titles on my buy-on-sight-money-no-object list from the Vinyl Era. That one remaining title has never been released on CD format. I check every now and then, though.

I've managed to accumulate all but one of the titles on my buy-on-sight-money-no-object list from the Vinyl Era. That one remaining title has never been released on CD format. I check every now and then' date=' though.[/quote']

What is the title not yet on CD?

Patrick Moraz III. As near as I can tell' date=' it's only on vinyl.[/quote']

The album "I" was released by Victor Japan, catalog VJCP 2544. I doubt it's still in print. I found a single copy on GEMM: GEMM CD Link. Very top link, reputable seller to, you can email them for more info.

That what you're looking for?

The album "I" was released by Victor Japan' date=' catalog VJCP 2544. I doubt it's still in print. I found a single copy on GEMM: GEMM CD Link. Very top link, reputable seller to, you can email them for more info.

That what you're looking for?

Nope. "I" is a different title. For a long time I assumed the one I was looking for was just self-titled (no "III"), but recently I've found it with that title attached. Only after checking out the cut titles did I decide that was what I was looking for.

Imaginos, dammit!

Well, for my own collection anyway.

(Edit: I just checked amazon,, and a used copy can be mine for $48! Yumpin Yiminy!)

Phew. I still have that one. I'm missing a large chunk of my BOC CDs though. Grrrrr....

Thankfully I had ripped them before they went MIA. My Mojo Nixon though is out of print and missing.