what Champions products are you really looking foward to?

humantorch101

Hi guys,

just wanted to see what upcoming Champs products everyone is looking foward to and why.

My answer is "Hidden Lands" and "Demon" both should really expand the universe in some intresting directions.

Demon has always been one of my favourite parts of the CU and i cant wait to see them get the "Viper" treatment they have always deserved.

Hidden Lands is something I really cant wait for, I just love the Marvel Universe feel of the Inhumans/Eternals. Hopefully they will do a book on CU gods and pantheons down the pike as well.

What are you looking foward to?

rgds

Torch

Re: what Champions products are you really looking foward to?

2005 is gonna be my year' date=' Golden Age Champs, though the supers not interfering in the war irks me, and Pulp Champions.[/quote']I wasn't aware that the supers were non-interfering...are they doing a DC Spear of Destiny type thing to keep them out? That would be a shame really, as the things I liked best about GURPS Supers and Godlike were the way the supers were presented. How each side used their supers in the war. I thought that was excellent stuff.

Golden Age Champions, Pulp Hero and Vibora Bay will all be must buys, but the one I am really hanging out for is Hidden Lands.

To put it simply, it looks like it's going to be a real bonus for those of us who don't live in North America.

I'm also a bit behind in buying stuff, so some of the things I am looking forward to are already out! :)

Arcane Adeversaries has a great cover, but I am hearing Mixed Reviews. Vibora Bay looks to be my new favorite City Sourcebook (hopefully replacing San Angelo). I am also hoping to see a book of ALL-NEW Champions Villains by 2006! But that may just be wishful thinking.

Given how high-quality MYSTIC WORLD was, I'm very much looking forward to VIBORA BAY. I'm also more curious about ARCANE ENEMIES than I thought would be the case, but I still worry that an awful lot of the characters are going to be pretty similar - numerous spellcasters differentiated mostly by special effects and appearance (this one's a druid, that one's an alchemist, she summons demons, he summons elementals, the other guy summons spirits, there's the shaman...) plus the odd or oni thrown into the mix. I hope I'm wrong there, in which case I'll be very pleasantly surprised and quite impressed. I'm looking forward to DEMON. And PULP HERO, of course.

Golden Age Champions. Not sure why I'll never get anyone to play it, but there is something just...fun about that setting.

Pulp Hero:I'm running a Pulp game

Dark Champions:The Animated Series One of my favorite genres

Teen Champions:For my Teen Supers game.

Golden Age Champions. Not sure why I'll never get anyone to play it, but there is something just...fun about that setting.

I'm hoping they get it right this time. The original version was weak. The 4E one wasn't bad, but didn't have quite the right feel. I really want it to work this time.

Golden Age Champions: The last time I was in a WW2 game, it was a party in a can!

Pulp Hero: For much the same reason as above.

Scourges of the Galaxy: What can I say? I had a taste of "Galactic Champions" once, and I want more of it.

Teen Champions: Superpowers, superfights...and getting a date for the prom! It's all good.

I'm hoping they get it right this time. The original version was weak. The 4E one wasn't bad' date=' but didn't have quite the right feel. I really want it to work this time.[/quote']

What did you feel it lacked? I felt maybe it was bit to focussed on "fluffy" side to the Golden Age and didn't show enough of the grittier aspects.

What did you feel it lacked? I felt maybe it was bit to focussed on "fluffy" side to the Golden Age and didn't show enough of the grittier aspects.

Yeah, it focused only on the four-color aspects. It skipped over the darker aspects, like early Batman and the Spectre, entirely.