Alternate Earth #23(?): Living In The Wild, Wild West

Marcus Impudite

Re: Alternate Earth #23(?): Living In The Wild, Wild West

Flare: I can see him either working for the Pony Express (super-speed flight, force-field, energy blast), as an army scout, or possibly in a Wild West Show (as he's a total show-off). He could end up a lawman in San Francisco (which is more-or-less what he does now).

Doctor Graves: He could have a thriving Freudian-style practice, consulting with law-enforcement as required. He'd probably be more at home in New York, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility he could end up in a thriving Western City. He'd be unlikely to venture in to the wildest West without a good reason, but that's what good plot hooks are for, isn't it?

• 8 months later...

Cosmo-Knite would be a gadget laden gunslinger.

Steam-powered coach, armored vest, with a barristers attitude.

And because of his disads, he'd be way off in the frontier like the north-west

or Vancouver or something way far away from anyplace where people

read newspapers or Harpers Weekly.

Sandor the Mystic would be in New Orleans, fighting voodoo queens, pirates of the gulf, and organizing a cadre of youth to be vigilantes.

White-Knite would be the law west of the Pecos. He'd zoom around and put

every horse-thieving varmint in the hooscow right quick-like.

Riptide: Robert "Rip" Henderson, is an orphaned youth hunting down the gang of outlaws who killed his mother with nothing more than his lightning-quick fists.

Poet: Wears a frillier shirt and has a upper class British accent.

The Wizard of Oz Incorporated: William "Wizard" Zucker is a Tom Swiftian inventor who has invented everything from a wiretapping device to a steam-powered automaton.

Mole- A young rancher's son who's father was slain by a snake mound worshiping group of ex-Freemasons that the local tribes consider to be "Bad Medicine" , young Adam Sellars would end up keeping a sacred medicine bundle of the Earth from falling in their hands, and be rewarded with the strength of the Stone Brothers, and the ability to swim through the Earth itself as if it were water. Using his powers to fight crime, he would soon be dubbed "The Prairie Dog Kid"

I've been working on an "Australian Batman" type of character recently, influenced, amongst other things, by Captain Justice and the Phantom.

I don't yet have a name for him, but he'd be a masked gunslinger, and probably the ancestor of my modern character of the same name.

I haven't really worked up my other "new" characters yet, and I've largely abandoned my older ones.

I've been working on an "Australian Batman" type of character recently' date=' influenced, amongst other things, by Captain Justice and the Phantom.

I don't yet have a name for him, but he'd be a masked gunslinger, and probably the ancestor of my modern character of the same name.

I haven't really worked up my other "new" characters yet, and I've largely abandoned my older ones.

seeker as a control freak eh?

Volt would probably be a farmer/rancher who lost his family to bad guys adn took up the badge - Sherrif or Marshall. Crack shot and willing to lay his life down for people he does not even know. Would be good at follwing clues and would almost have forensics - as much as it could happen in the era.

Olorin. He's from another, medieval dimension. Not much change, except maybe tone down his power level. Would be considered mysterious, but still would act the goofball. The indians would consider him a powerful spirit or shaman - and yes, if they weren't murderous, would defend them against greedy whites.

Black Tiger - Think Paladin in "Have gun, will travel" and youv'e got him.

Futurian "Aw crud." I would not change him at all, since now his tech powers would be less effective. - Less tech (No computers to control, no electronics to alter, etc. )Would end up like Artemis Gordon in the "Wild, Wild West." - gadgeteer, but no disguises.

Guest Major Tom

Sounds like Volt would be, under those circumstances, sort of a second cousin

to Hec Ramsey.

(For those who've likely never heard of Hec Ramsey: this was -- to the best of

my knowledge -- Richard Boone's last TV role. He played an "old school" sort of

Old West sheriff who had taken the time to learn about forensic science, such

as it was around the turn of the century.)

Major Tom :cool:

Maven of Obscure TV Trivia

seeker as a control freak eh?

No, not really. My "Australian Batman" is influenced by the 1950s Batmen of All Nations (not the lame Grant Morrison version), and thus by the 50s version of Batman.

Sadly, Ranger, the "Australian Batman" in the BoAN, is almost completely undefined, except for the fact that he rides a horse(?!), and wears a costume that appears to be loosely based on an 1930s era Australian army uniform. Actually, the kind of tunic he wears was worn at least up until 1942, and his hat is based on a style still worn. Grant Morrison, of course, thought it looked like a Boy Scout uniform. Grant Morrison is an ignoramus.

As a result of all this, I'm trying to mine the Australian comic industry and its influences in order to create a character that more or less fills the same space. He'll almost certainly have a significant influence from the Phantom, who has a long publication history in Australia, and is a major influence on a lot of early Australian characters.

Arac -- Gene engineering wasn't well known back then, and even Dr. Moreau might not be able to whip up something like him. True to the Ol' West spirit, I'd have to say he's a shaman (possibly Native American, possibly other) who can call on the powers of the Spider, and occasionally the form.

Breakdown -- Most likely one of those strapping, lantern-jawed heroes, specializing in defeating all kinds of crazy Steampunk contraptions. His prodigious knowledge of things mechanical allows him to bring these iron brutes down with little more than a touch in the right place. :P

From the Marvel Bunnyverse:

Georgette Batroc would be an entertainer, traveling around the west making her living as an actress, singer, and dancer. Think Lily von Schtupp from Blazing Saddles, or Josephine Marcus from Tombstone. But that would just be her cover -- in reality, she would be the country's most notorious sneak-thief, stealing cash, jewels, and hearts from crooked sherrifs and robber barons across the wild west.

Adamant would be one of those robber barons. Sent west by his father because he is an embarrassment (all those ethics!), he set himself up as a powerful, influential, and wealthy man. He never carries a gun, but rumor has it that if you shoot him, you just make him stronger. Not that there's anyone alive who would know...

Not sure what Arachne's story would be... :think: