Champions to V&V

AnotherSkip

Allright guys Im a bit of a fan of V&V.

So after you guys are done razzing me :P I would like to find out if there are any people out there who have seen Champions to V&V conversions. I have seen plenty of the inverse( from V&V to Champions ) but i was wondering if there was some of the inverse. Several of the V&V modules have the V&V to Champions comnversions but there is a distinct lack of the reverse.

the math is kinda simple in some ways but it does get a tad bit more complex.

the actual question was: was there conversion kits in the back of the early Champions modules for converting Champions to V&V?

So if you have real answers drop a line.

The problem you will experience is that V&V is not a point balanced system. You may have some luck converting *from* Champions, as you say, but converting back *to* Champions (should you decide you wish to do this) will be difficult.

Our group recently converted from Traveller to GURPS Traveller (our chief complaint with the former being that characters had little or no incentive to succeed, since there are few rewards built into the system -- e.g. stats don't increase, skills don't increase, etc.)

If you're interested in opinions, I'll see if I can remember where I stored my copy of V&V, dig it out, and post some.

My advice is to not stick to the absolute letter of any conversions you find (if there is one). They are almost always inexact in one way or another. You're better off figuring your HIGH, LOW and Average for the campaign your are creating and for the materials you are importing, then just improvise.

Let's say my campaign was like this...

V&V: Low=1D6+1, Average=2D8+2, High=1D20+10

But the champions material was like this...

Champions: Low=5DC, Average=10DC, High=16DC

Then you just look and go: "This guy has 12D6EB, which is a 12DC. That's above the average for this material. So in my campaign I'll guess that's about 1D20+2."

STR for lifting purposes typically is easy to do per comparing charts (Lifting this much here is equivalent to a ### STR here, etc.) but that doesn't always covert well for damage purposes, so unless it's vital the guy be able to lift that specific object (Say, an Aircraft Carrier) then I'd just convert it more on a damage equivalence level if he/she were in a HTH fight.

Don't worry about points. Nothing is going to balance exactly right anyway. Just shoot for the result you think is appropriate.

Some friendly advice from someone who just steals pictures and ideas now as far as conversion go; Not stats and details.

Re: Champions to V&V

Originally posted by AnotherSkip

...were there conversion kits in the back of the early Champions modules for converting Champions to V&V?

I don't think there were any conversions in the early HERO modules, but I'm not positive. There aren't any instructions for conversion in any of early books that I have (1st or 2nd edition "Champions," "Enemies, " "Enemies 2," and "Stronghold").

Some of the V&V modules had V&V to Champ's 3rd edition conversion notes. Belive I still have the modules, could dig them out and scan the conversion notes.

They always came out pretty light to me though. Average V&V character came out to be around 150-180pts iirc.

Suppose i should be a bit more specific,

The person in question did kinda pont out that he had the V&V to Champions conversion in the back of the V&V books, he was just wondering if there were the reverse in the Champions books. My guess is based upon the responses here it was a no.

Frankly I have a conversion I eyeballed(V&V & a Champions) i'll have to post them. Since the Character is based on Me altered from when he got his powers the skill system is the real big change in the characters. that and Inventing points are either valuless(and handled with a Power Skill Roll for temporary tricks) or Expeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnssssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive (for permement ideas).

Originally posted by Kevin Scrivner

SCUBA Hero is knowledgeable about this. I wonder if you can get his e-mail address from his profile.

Thanks, Kevin! I appreciate that. ::thumbs-up smilie::

I have FGU's V&V 2051 DNAgents, which has V&V to Champions conversions; that's what I used to convert Surge to the Hero System.

Unfortunately, I don't have any special insight into the reverse, but I'd be willing to try. My email address is in my profile.

Hmmm.... this may inspire me to start writing up Tank... :D