The Destroyers

Guest Worldmaker

Re: The Destroyers

I like Death Commando as THE guy you have to worry most about... the most unpredictable. He's a highly trained military nutjob. He knows a thing or two about UNTIL (and, thus, probably about most other tech groups). He's got no problem adding weapons to his arsenal (from almost any source).

He's going to set up the ambushes. He's going to snipe your sorry backside. He's going to run off with your polar blast gauntlets (or just hit a few banks and pay a super duper thief to steal 'em or the designs) and use them against you. He's going to give your secretary a briefcase bomb and tell her to bring it back to your base or both her little kids are "going to get it."

Viper's new super weapon you want to stop? He's planning on stealing it. It's a race. Bad scientist? Good scientist? Don't matter... he's grabbing you and dragging you back to the base and you are now a servent of Deathstroke. You think you can resist? Let ol' DC show you how things were done in 'Nam...

Meanwhile, the other members of Deathstroke just think he's the boy-howdy. Thanks for bringing me the cyberneticist and the entomologist. Thanks for assassinating that mob hitman that picked up Rocky's contract. Now, help us plan a good bank heist with multiple escape routes for when the cops/PRIMUS shows up - hey, these UNTIL disguises are damn good, show us the procedures...

Arrowhead (named for his armor piercing blasts) was also a top LT in the mob, iirc. He's got contacts, he's streetwise, he's got "bidness skills." He knows how the cops and the lousy feds do their things (he's probably the second most skilled on the team). He knows guys who can launder that stolen money. He knows a crooked cop, judge, etc (or many of them).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Arrowhead (named for his armor piercing blasts) was also a top LT in the mob' date=' iirc. He's got contacts, he's streetwise, he's got "bidness skills." He knows how the cops and the lousy feds do their things (he's probably the second most skilled on the team). He knows guys who can launder that stolen money. He knows a crooked cop, judge, etc (or many of them).[/quote']

This was the guy I changed the most. In my campaign he was a mob hitman who used a signature Crossbow. He volunteered for a chemical metahuman upgrade treatment when the Feds busted in. There was an explosion during the incident that scarred his face, but left him super strong and nigh invulnerable. He had new Ultra Crossbows built to take full advantage of his newfound strength and named himself Arrowhead, hitman for hire. In my campaign he usually serves as the wheelman and muscle for Deathstroke, but I definitely should have given him more Mob-related Knowledge Skills and Contacts.

...Unless you limit yourself to those presented in 4e Champs U (the jokes). I wouldn't even count that blasphemy, myself (apologies to the author if he's around). Maybe it's because 4 out of 5 were ranged fighters and it didn't fit into the brick/ma/blaster/mentalist cookie cutters or something.

I mean, they ragged on Arrowhead about his name, saying it didn't fit... but also changed his powers so that the name wouldn't fit. That's like teasing the handicapped...

Okay, okay, okay...

I know that making Deathstroke humorous resulted in a mixed response from folks. Some people enjoyed the twist, while others thought it was sacrilege. (It seems to me that people's response was largely based on their own experience with the characters in their campaigns; those that used them as a serious threat were less likely to enjoy the change from Champions Universe.)

I take full responsibility for the change. I was asked to do a re-write of the characters for the book, and I was not a big fan of the original. I'm convinced that humor is a big and necessary part of any good Champions campaign (and, yes, I think I can prove that from both a psychological and experiential perspective), and just having characters with funny backgrounds and costumes doesn't always cut it (i.e., C.L.O.W.N. can be funny, or they can just be funny looking; there's a difference).

So, with Hero's blessing at the time, I made Deathstroke a team that can easily slip into the "straight man" role of a humorous game. The comparisons to Rodney Dangerfield really fit, now that I think about it. :snicker:

But if you strip away the publicist and just allow the changes to be a natural progression of the team's character development, they can still be seen as a menacing team of terrorists.

Just my thoughts...

-- Scott

P.S. I just have to say it. You may not agree with me, but you'd be wrong. :winkgrin:

I think Arrowhead was a really, really, stupid character name and concept. It made absolutely no sense in the original adventure book. Even talking with folks involved in creating the original team offered no insight into the character concept. It needed to be changed.

Besides, he wore purple and red. Magneto might get away with that horrible color combination (though various artists have noticed the ugly combo and have tried to tweak it with big blotches of black in various alternative costumes over the years), but nobody else should even try. Oh, and for what it's worth, I was shown a possible character sketch from some artist -- can't remember who right now -- that had a re-design of Arrowhead's outfit to include an arrow design that... hmm... how do I describe it? The triangular part of the arrow was on his chest, pointing up toward his face. The rectangular "tail" of the arrow stretched down from the point, past the belt, and into the crotch of the trunks. (Think about it...)

:think:

:eek:

:idjit:

We figured it would be best to come up with a different idea... :lol:

This was the guy I changed the most. In my campaign he was a mob hitman who used a signature Crossbow. He volunteered for a chemical metahuman upgrade treatment when the Feds busted in. There was an explosion during the incident that scarred his face' date=' but left him super strong and nigh invulnerable. He had new Ultra Crossbows built to take full advantage of his newfound strength and named himself Arrowhead, hitman for hire. In my campaign he usually serves as the wheelman and muscle for Deathstroke, but I definitely should have given him more Mob-related Knowledge Skills and Contacts.[/quote']

It was a nice pass at the character, if you ask me.

When we used to fight them, he operated primarily as a ranged fighter (with most of the team) and then was the reason you didn't want to get too close because he could mix it up in hand to hand, too (DC was a pretty nasty close combat fighter, as well). We both focused on powers that matched his namesake, too. So hurrah for us. haha.

In his original story, he was like a top mob lieutenant, iirc. His group role, to me, was the criminal side of things. How to grease the wheels, how to fence the loot, what lawyers to hire, how to find and motivate mooks, etc.

DC, on the other hand, was the hardcore tactics guy who trained the agents, actually did a lot of the dirtier work (sometimes at the direction of Arrowhead's keen eye for crime and how to deal with "dese guys").

I alwas felt they were quite complimentary.

P.S. I just have to say it. You may not agree with me, but you'd be wrong. :winkgrin:

I think Arrowhead was a really, really, stupid character name and concept. It made absolutely no sense in the original adventure book. Even talking with folks involved in creating the original team offered no insight into the character concept. It needed to be changed.

Like I said, no offense, Scott. Deathstroke was a big part of our game (for nearly a decade), so naturally I didn't like my arch-enemies reduced to a joke :) (btw, they first appeared in Enemies II). Naturally, we chose to ignore the rewrites... just like we choose to ignore Highlander had any sequels and, should either be mentioned we scream "blasphemer!" hehe

I have to disagree with the "stupid character name and concept."

He was a mob "super soldier" who also had developed a pretty potent, armor piercing energy blast (Why? Who knows. It's not like characters of the time had tightly knit special effects in comics - how does Superman have freezing breath? etc). The name went with the premier power of the character (his energy blast, not his strength) - the armor punching property of his flashiest power. Makes sense just fine to me.

I say his main power because 3 of the 4 lines of "powers" he had were related to his energy blast and that's the power he had his levels with (the adventure text might be considered poor criteria. IIRC, the section detailing how to play the guys mentioned them doing things like using their find weakness skills when they didn't even have it, for example).

It would have been one thing to change the character to meet the concept, it was another to change the power from which he drew his name and then tease him for having a goofy name that didn't fit. Let's be honest, most superhero names are goofy. Even the icons of the genre.

I don't disagree that the costumes of most of the team needed some tweaking, though, especially as revisited over time :) You just have to remember they were born of a time when top-tier superheroes wore targets on their chests, short sleeves, bicycle pants and had jerry-curl hairdos. ;) I didn't mind the costume changes (liked older Stinger, though). Of course, the unusual, er, crotch straps look of the CU versions suffer the same kind of hindsight shivers.

Anyway, what brought it up was I was trying to wrap my head around how the team "didn't fit the 5e Champions Universe." Which I might agree with if you never looked past the 4e versions (the 5e CU seems to disagree with the assement that humor is needed). Early versions of the characters seem to fit right in to the 5e CU

Like I said' date=' no offense, Scott...[/quote']

Heh... None taken. Truthfully, I think most people agree with you. Poking fun at Deathstroke was not the most popular thing I've written. I had fun with it, though. I even ran the revised versions at a convention before Champs Universe came out just to see the reaction, and they went over well. But it was late in the con, so maybe everybody was just tired and ready for a laugh...

...The 5e CU seems to disagree with the assement that humor is needed...

Yeah, I've noticed that. Very serious. It's almost as if there was this lawyer behind it all, pulling the strings, setting the stage... :sneaky:

BWA HA HA HA HA HA!

Mr. Long with a good-natured jab>

I think Arrowhead was a really' date=' [i']really[/i], stupid character name and concept. It made absolutely no sense in the original adventure book. Even talking with folks involved in creating the original team offered no insight into the character concept. It needed to be changed.

Arrowhead is not really a stupid concept if you do like we did and change the character's origin, making him an American Indian. :)

Heh... None taken. Truthfully' date=' I think most people agree with you. [/quote']

To be fair, I still consider them well done even if I didn't care for the direction. In my own rewrites I'm even sampling some of the good stuff from the CU versions as, at the very least, a tip of the hat to the published history of the characters.

Yeah, I've noticed that. Very serious. It's almost as if there was this lawyer behind it all, pulling the strings, setting the stage... :sneaky:

Well, we have a talking monkey in a hawaiin shirt... :drink: Thanks for the beachhead, Darren! hehe

Reading through USPD gives one a picture of the CU that is not at all humorous. Plague' date=' Fleshtone, and the like are not for laughs.[/quote']

True. But the original origin of the Destroyers/Deathstroke was hardly a bunch of laughs with Deathsinger and Frost (Requiem and Chiller) being stalked by their stepfather because they were mutants and they had to kill him. Arrowhead was also the victim of jealousy within the Mafia.

Now Death Commando was always the nasty one. You really could not play him for laughs.

Oh and for those who don't know MitchellS's avatar is similar to Monolith's. It came from Mutants and Mastermins and is Dr Simian. Think Dr Silverback with a mean streak.

Oh and for those who don't know MitchellS's avatar is similar to Monolith's. It came from Mutants and Mastermins and is Dr Simian. Think Dr Silverback with a mean streak.

I love Foes of Freedom. It's a great villain book. One of the best things published this year; and it's in color too. I just wish Green Ronin would put more of their colored art up on their website. My scanner sucks. I did get a good scan of White Knight though but using him as an avatar would give the wrong impression. :)

In our Legacy Universe game I wanted to play the child of Gorilla Grodd but the GM said it had to be a superhero not a villain. Maybe next time! I'm thinking about having Storn do a commission for me of my character Midknight. Then I can really be happy and have a proper avatar. :)

They are similar but no MitchellS is using the Mutants and Masterminds version found in Foes of Freedom. If I remember I'll post details on Monday.

Like your version he hates humans.

Oh and MitchellS ? Storn has a thread of his art here with link to his website.

Search under the advanced option using Storn as a name and look for him as thread starter. You will find all sorts of goodness.

Guest Worldmaker

They are similar but no MitchellS is using the Mutants and Masterminds version found in Foes of Freedom. If I remember I'll post details on Monday.

Like your version he hates humans.

Hurm... I may have to talk to the publishers of Foes of Freedom...

Well, after thinking about what you said Arcroyer. I actually have to agree with Scott, that Arrowhead made little sense given the "extensive" background written in Enemies II...:)

The power set was fine, but a mafia guy would have called him self something different, I think, maybe Gunshot or somethin much more eloquant. I liked the old powerset myself and never worried about it. Shockwave was a decent character in his own right. I didn't play Deathstroke for laughs in our games, but we turned Arrowhead into Gunshot and redesigned his costume. It was gray with red and a gun motif.

He started out as Arrowhead, but that was the name the mob gave him. After being in Deathstroke for a while he changed it...since Requiem and Chiller were doing the same.

It should be worth noting that we used the CU version a few times but Scatterbrain was hit with an anti-psionic wave from Menton in a 3 way battle and her conditioning of the rest shattered.

Her and her father's bodies were found at the smoking ruins of the warehouse base Deathstroke had been using.

When they appeared next they had grown by two members...original characters...Shroud and Mourn.

I also used Dr. Death alot in my campaigns.

There aren't a lot of names that might signify armor piercing that sound too great... and "Teflon Don" was taken ;). A lot of people equate "mafia" with doofus for some reason. Rocky was the "brightest" of this particular crime family's LTs, iirc. Not Reed Richards or anything, but I think he was 13+ wasn't he? This isn't a dim bulb who is gonna say "Hey yo, I'ma da Crushah! Da Cruhsinatah! I'ma bust up alla yous legs!" He's more of a "Mr. Spumoni, sir, it appears we're having a problem with deliveries at the docks. Too many feds crawling around and Tony said he saw some capes. Would you like me to handle it?"

Shockwave and Arrowhead are different guys. Shockwave is a physically enhanced guy - like Luke Cage. Arrowhead has an energized body, more akin to Wonder Man (who can also project this force). At least that's how we always played him. Obviously, with the one paragraph backgrounds of pre 4e stuff, there's a lot more interpreting going on (before Deathstroke came out, he was dressed in black and red in our game. heh).

Archery was pretty nasty against armor (think Europe when you consider the name... not american indians). Calling himself Arrowhead works for me. Obviously, ymmv :)

• 4 weeks later...

I promised Worldmaker some info on Dr Simian.

So here goes. Simian is an exceptionally strong African Gorilla (Str 20 in D20 terms) operated on by a scientist so that he got that way. He is quite dextrous and healthy but extremely intelligent and wise and just a shade less charismatic.

He is out to get humanity for hat it did to him and what it has done to others. Adirect quote is this 'He seeks ways to conquer the Earth and subjugate humanity for the greater good. Simian forsees a world under his rule where the natural order is protected and humans are kept away from dangerous tools and ideas'.

'His plans usually revolve around a particular invention. His creations include methods for transforming humans into apes (either physically, mentally or both), mind control devices, methods for destroying human technology or infrastructure, "uplifting" other animals to sentience (and giving them humanoid characteristics), and so forth.'

He has a lot of gadgets through super science. Not included in this is his hover chair which has ray guns, flight, force field, mental projection and comms access. He also has a headquarters and many loyal minions.

Guest Worldmaker

'His plans usually revolve around a particular invention. His creations include methods for transforming humans into apes (either physically, mentally or both), mind control devices, methods for destroying human technology or infrastructure, "uplifting" other animals to sentience (and giving them humanoid characteristics), and so forth.'

He has a lot of gadgets through super science. Not included in this is his hover chair which has ray guns, flight, force field, mental projection and comms access. He also has a headquarters and many loyal minions.

Very similar to mine. Interesting

Besides, he wore purple and red. Magneto might get away with that horrible color combination (though various artists have noticed the ugly combo and have tried to tweak it with big blotches of black in various alternative costumes over the years), but nobody else should even try. Oh, and for what it's worth, I was shown a possible character sketch from some artist -- can't remember who right now -- that had a re-design of Arrowhead's outfit to include an arrow design that... hmm... how do I describe it? The triangular part of the arrow was on his chest, pointing up toward his face. The rectangular "tail" of the arrow stretched down from the point, past the belt, and into the crotch of the trunks. (Think about it...)

Hey Scott, big fan of your work (even Deathstroke).

I reasoned that "Arrowhead" was the mob-nickname given to Arrowhead in his pre-supervillain days and sure his costume was garish, but a lot of mob guys go for that.

• 1 year later...

For some reason, I couldn't edit Post #14 so I reformatted these characters below.

Requiem

Val**Char**Cost

20** STR 10

20** DEX 30

25** CON 30

17** BODY 14

20** INT 10

15** EGO 10

20** PRE 10

16** COM 3

15/25** PD 11

15/25** ED 10

5** SPD 20

10** REC 2

50** END 0

40** STUN 0

9"** RUN 0

2"** SWIM 0

4"** LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 160 Cost** Power END

** Deathstroke*

20** 1) Bulletproof Uniform: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)* 0

1** 2) Insulated Uniform: LS (Safe in Intense Cold) (2 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)* 0

3** 3) Polarized Contacts: Sight Group Flash Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)* 0

3** 4) Earplug Baffles: Hearing Group Flash Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)* 0

8** 5) Closed Comms: Mind Link , Specific Group of Minds, Any distance, Number of Minds (x8) (30 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1), OAF (-1), Limited Power (Affected as Hearing and Radio Groups; -1/2)* 0

6** Athletic: Running +3" (9" total)* 1

60** Sonic Attacks: Multipower, 60-point reserve*

6u** 1) Sonic Scream: EB 12d6 (60 Active Points)* 6

6u** 2) Ear-Splitting: RKA 4d6 (60 Active Points)* 6

6u** 3) Focused Harmonics: EB 8d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2) (60 Active Points)* 6

6u** 4) Sonic Wail: EB 4d6, NND (Hearing Flash Defense; +1), Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1) (60 Active Points)* 6

33** Sonic Boost: Aid 4d6, any Sonic power one at a time (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2)* 0

Powers Cost: 158 Cost** Martial Arts Maneuver

** Self-Defense*

3** 1) Basic Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, 6d6 Strike*

4** 2) Choke Hold: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND*

4** 3) Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort*

4** 4) Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort*

Martial Arts Cost: 15 Cost** Skill

** Deathstroke*

3** 1) Teamwork 13-*

9** 2) +3 with Teamwork Attacks*

3** Breakfall 13-*

3** Combat Driving 13-*

3** Combat Piloting 13-*

3** Computer Programming 13-*

3** Demolitions 13-*

3** Electronics 13-*

3** Interrogation 13-*

3** Lockpicking 13-*

3** Mechanics 13-*

3** Oratory 13-*

3** Paramedics 13-*

3** Persuasion 13-*

3** Security Systems 13-*

3** Tactics 13-*

3** Trading 13-*

3** KS: International Finance 13-*

3** KS: Espionage World 13-*

16** +2 with All Combat*

Skills Cost: 79 Cost** Perk

35** Followers*

20** Vehicles & Bases*

10** Money: Wealthy*

Perks Cost: 65 Cost** Talent

3** Lightning Calculator*

3** Perfect Pitch*

Talents Cost: 6 Total Character Cost: 483

Val** Disadvantages

5** Distinctive Features: Registers on Mutant Detectors (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)*

20** Enraged: If Brother is downed (Common), go 11-, recover 11-*

25** Hunted: UNTIL 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Harshly Punish)*

15** Psychological Limitation: Greedy, Self-Serving (Common, Strong)*

15** Psychological Limitation: Anarchist (Common, Strong)*

15** Psychological Limitation: Driven to be the Best (Common, Strong)*

10** Social Limitation: Known Mutant (Frequently, Minor)*

20** Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Electricity Attacks (Common)*

Disadvantage Points: 125 Base Points: 200 Experience Required: 158 Total Experience Available: 158 Experience Unspent: 0

Chiller

Val** Char*** Cost

20** STR 10

20** DEX 30

25** CON 30

17** BODY 14

20** INT 10

15** EGO 10

20** PRE 10

16** COM 3

15/25** PD 11

15/25** ED 10

5** SPD 20

10** REC 2

50** END 0

40** STUN 0

9"** RUN 0

2"** SWIM 0

4"** LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 160 Cost** Power END

** Deathstroke*

20** 1) Bulletproof Uniform: Armor (10 PD/10 ED) (30 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)* 0

1** 2) Insulated Uniform: LS (Safe in Intense Cold) (2 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)* 0

3** 3) Polarized Contacts: Sight Group Flash Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)* 0

3** 4) Earplug Baffles: Hearing Group Flash Defense (5 points) (5 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)* 0

8** 5) Closed Comms: Mind Link , Specific Group of Minds, Any distance, Number of Minds (x8) (30 Active Points); Only With Others Who Have Mind Link (-1), OAF (-1), Limited Power (Affected as Hearing and Radio Groups; -1/2)* 0

6** Athletic: Running +3" (9" total)* 1

60** Ice Attacks: Multipower, 60-point reserve*

6u** 1) Icy Blast: EB 12d6 (60 Active Points)* 6

6u** 2) Ice Spikes: RKA 4d6 (60 Active Points)* 6

6u** 3) Ice Bonds: Entangle 6d6, 6 DEF (60 Active Points)* 6

6u** 4) Freeze Wave: EB 4d6, NND (LS: Extreme Cold; +1), Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1) (60 Active Points)* 6

6u** 5) Icy Fog: Darkness to Sight Group 6" radius (60 Active Points)* 6

6u** 6) Ice Slides: Flight 15", x8 Noncombat, Usable Simultaneously (up to 2 people at once; +1/2) (60 Active Points)* 6

33** Ice Boost: Aid 4d6, any Ice power one at a time (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Self Only (-1/2)* 0

Powers Cost: 170 Cost** Martial Arts Maneuver

** Self-Defense*

3** 1) Basic Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, 6d6 Strike*

4** 2) Choke Hold: 1/2 Phase, -2 OCV, +0 DCV, Grab One Limb; 2d6 NND*

4** 3) Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort*

4** 4) Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort*

Martial Arts Cost: 15 Cost** Skill

** Deathstroke*

3** 1) Teamwork 13-*

3** Breakfall 13-*

3** Combat Driving 13-*

3** Combat Piloting 13-*

3** Computer Programming 13-*

3** Demolitions 13-*

3** Electronics 13-*

3** Interrogation 13-*

3** Lockpicking 13-*

3** Mechanics 13-*

3** Oratory 13-*

3** Paramedics 13-*

3** Persuasion 13-*

3** Security Systems 13-*

3** Tactics 13-*

3** Trading 13-*

3** KS: International Finance 13-*

3** KS: Espionage World 13-*

16** +2 with All Combat*

Skills Cost: 79 Cost** Perk

10** Money: Wealthy*

Perks Cost: 10 Cost** Talent

3** Lightning Calculator*

3** Perfect Pitch*

Talents Cost: 6 Total Character Cost: 440

Val** Disadvantages

5** Distinctive Features: Registers on Mutant Detectors (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable Only By Technology Or Major Effort)*

20** Enraged: If Brother is downed (Common), go 11-, recover 11-*

15** Psychological Limitation: Greedy, Self-Serving (Common, Strong)*

15** Psychological Limitation: Anarchist (Common, Strong)*

15** Psychological Limitation: Driven to be the Best (Common, Strong)*

10** Social Limitation: Known Mutant (Frequently, Minor)*

20** Vulnerability: 2 x STUN Heat & Fire Attacks (Common)*

Disadvantage Points: 125 Base Points: 200 Experience Required: 115 Total Experience Available: 115 Experience Unspent: 0

Arrowhead

Val** Char*** Cost

60** STR 50

20** DEX 30

30** CON 40

20** BODY 20

15** INT 5

11** EGO 2

20** PRE 10

8** COM -1

20/30** PD 8

15/25** ED 9

5** SPD 20

20** REC 4

60** END 0

65** STUN 0

6"** RUN 0

2"** SWIM 0

21"** LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 197 Cost** Power END

** Deathstroke*

17** Bulletproof Skin: Damage Resistance (20 PD/15 ED)* 0

9** Strong Legs: Leaping +9" (21" forward, 10 1/2" upward)* 1

30** Ultra Crossbow: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots OAF (-1)*

3u** 1) Standard Arrowhead: RKA 4d6, 16 Charges (+0) (60 Active Points); OAF (-1)* [16]

3u** 2) Armor Piercing Arrowhead: RKA 2 1/2d6, 16 Charges (+0), Armor Piercing (+1/2) (60 Active Points); OAF (-1)* [16]

3u** 3) Brick Buster Arrowhead: RKA 2 1/2d6, 16 Charges (+0), Penetrating (+1/2) (60 Active Points); OAF (-1)* [16]

3u** 4) Explosive Arrowhead: EB 8d6, 16 Charges (+0), Explosion (+1/2) (60 Active Points); OAF (-1)* [16]

Powers Cost: 103 Cost** Skill

** Deathstroke*

3** 1) Teamwork 13-*

3** Combat Driving 13-*

3** Combat Piloting 13-*

3** Demolitions 12-*

3** Interrogation 13-*

3** Mechanics 12-*

3** Navigation 12-*

3** Streetwise 13-*

3** Systems Operation 12-*

2** Weaponsmith (Crossbows) 12-*

6** +2 with Punch, Grab & Haymaker*

6** +2 with Ultra Crossbow*

4** Penalty Skill Levels: +2 vs. Range Modifier with Ultra Crossbow*

Skills Cost: 54 Cost** Perk

5** Money: Well Off*

Perks Cost: 5 Total Character Cost: 359

Val** Disadvantages

10** Distinctive Features: Facial Scarring (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)*

15** Psychological Limitation: Compulsive Gambler (Common, Strong)*

15** Psychological Limitation: Hatred of Capable Women (Common, Strong)*

15** Social Limitation: Alcoholic (Frequently, Major)*

20** Vulnerability: 2 x BODY Acid Attacks (Common)*

Disadvantage Points: 100 Base Points: 200 Experience Required: 59 Total Experience Available: 59 Experience Unspent: 0

Stinger

Val** Char*** Cost

45** STR 35

25** DEX 45

25** CON 30

14** BODY 8

23** INT 13

14** EGO 8

20** PRE 10

6** COM -2

9/25** PD 0

5/21** ED 0

5** SPD 15

15** REC 2

50** END 0

50** STUN 0

6"** RUN 0

2"** SWIM 0

9"** LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 164 Cost** Power END

** Deathstroke*

18** Exoskeleton: Armor (6 PD/6 ED)* 0

15** Insectoid Wings: Flight 11" (22 Active Points); Restrainable (-1/2)* 2

24** Claws and Mandibles: HKA 2d6 (4d6 w/STR) (30 Active Points); Reduced Penetration (-1/4)* 3

10** Wall-Crawling: Clinging (normal STR)* 0

** Insectoid Senses*

10** 1) Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) with Sight Group* 0

5** 2) UV Perception (Sight Group)* 0

10** 3) Tracking with Smell/Taste Group* 0

9** 4) +3 PER with all Sense Groups* 0

48** Insectoid Attacks: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots Limited Range 8" (-1/4)*

5u** 1) Projectile Stingers: EB 6d6, NND (Hardened Defenses; +1) (60 Active Points); Limited Range 8" (-1/4)* 6

5u** 2) Sticky Silkish Goo Spit: Entangle 4d6, 4 DEF, Sticky (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Limited Range 8" (-1/4)* 6

Powers Cost: 194 Cost** Skill

** Deathstroke*

3** 1) Teamwork 14-*

6** Animal Handler (Insects & Anthropods) 15-*

3** Acrobatics 14-*

3** Breakfall 14-*

3** Computer Programming 14-*

5** Cramming *

3** Cryptography 14-*

3** Deduction 14-*

3** Inventor 14-*

3** Paramedics 14-*

3** Shadowing 14-*

3** Stealth 14-*

3** Systems Operation 14-*

16** +2 with All Combat*

9** +3 with Flight*

3** Scientist*

2** 1) SS: Biology 14- (3 Active Points)*

2** 2) SS: Entemology 14- (3 Active Points)*

2** 3) SS: Genetics 14- (3 Active Points)*

Skills Cost: 87 Cost** Perk

15** Vehicles & Bases*

Perks Cost: 20 Total Character Cost: 465

Val** Disadvantages

25** Distinctive Features: Insect-Man Hybrid (Not Concealable; Extreme Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)*

5** Physical Limitation: Limited Manipulation (opposable, rigid claws - not fingers) (Infrequently, Slightly Impairing)*

20** Psychological Limitation: Obsessed with Research (Common, Total)*

15** Psychological Limitation: Vengeful (Common, Strong)*

15** Psychological Limitation: Casual Killer (Common, Strong)*

25** Social Limitation: Abandoned Humanity (Very Frequently, Severe)*

10** Vulnerability: 2 x Effect Gas Attacks (Uncommon)*

Disadvantage Points: 140 Base Points: 200 Experience Required: 125 Total Experience Available: 125 Experience Unspent: 0

Scatterbrain

Val** Char*** Cost

15** STR 5

15** DEX 15

30** CON 40

12** BODY 4

13** INT 3

18** EGO 16

15** PRE 5

20** COM 5

10/20** PD 7

10/20** ED 4

5** SPD 25

9** REC 0

60** END 0

40** STUN 5

9"** RUN 0

2"** SWIM 0

3"** LEAP 0

Characteristics Cost: 134 Cost** Power END

** Deathstroke*

6** Jogs 3 Miles a Day: Running +3" (9" total)* 1

16** Scattered Thoughts: Mental Defense (20 points total)* 0

56** Like Totally Telepathic: Multipower, 90-point reserve, all slots Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) (112 Active Points); all slots Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2)*

4u** 1) Pain Projection: Ego Attack 9d6 (90 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2)* 4

4u** 2) Pain Wave: Ego Attack 4d6, Area Of Effect (4" Radius; +1), Selective (+1/4) (90 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2)* 4

4u** 3) Lemme Show You My Nightmares: Mental Illusions 18d6 (90 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2), Limited Power (Only to Show the target Nightmare Scenarios (Falling, Drowning, Burning, Swarmed by Insects, Snakes, etc...); -1/4)* 4

4u** 4) Get the 411: Telepathy 18d6 (90 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2)* 4

4u** 5) Find the Target: Mind Scan 10d6, +20 ECV (90 Active Points); Extra Time (Full Phase, -1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2)* 4

Powers Cost: 133 Cost** Martial Arts Maneuver

** Basic Self-Defense*

3** 1) Basic Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, 5d6 Strike*

4** 2) Martial Block: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, Block, Abort*

4** 3) Martial Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +5 DCV, Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort*

Martial Arts Cost: 11 Cost** Skill

3** Conversation 12-*

3** Persuasion 12-*

3** Seduction 12-*

3** Trading 12-*

10** +5 with PRE Skills*

3** Sleight Of Hand 12-*

2** KS: Pop Culture 11-*

15** +5 with Telepathic MP*

Skills Cost: 42 Cost** Perk

Perks Cost: 5 Total Character Cost: 325

Val** Disadvantages

20** Hunted: PSI 8- (Mo Pow, NCI, Capture)*

20** Psychological Limitation: Easily Distracted (Common, Total)*

20** Psychological Limitation: Fears her Uncles (Requiem & Chiller) (Common, Total)*

15** Psychological Limitation: Enjoys Manipulating Others (Common, Strong)*

10** Social Limitation: Stereotypical Vapid Blond (Frequently, Minor)*

10** Vulnerability: 1 1/2 x Effect PRE Attacks (Common)*

Disadvantage Points: 125 Base Points: 200 Experience Required: 0 Total Experience Available: 0 Experience Unspent: 0