Tentative 2006 Schedule

archermoo

Re: Tentative 2006 Schedule

I gotta ask some questions...

1) Are any of these for Star Hero?

2) What is Psychic Wars exactly?

3) What is Thrilling Places? Locations for pulp?

4) What is Tuala Morn?

5) What is Danger Zones?

Thanks!

Boy...I was actually thinking the pickings are slim for me this year...let's see...

Ultimate Mentalist < Maybe. Will want to see it on shelf first.

Psychic Wars < Maybe...need info first.

Thrilling Places < Maybe...need info first.

Tuala Morn < Maybe...need info first.

Ultimate Skill < I'll get this.

Danger Zones < Maybe...need info first.

The Underworld Sourcebook < I'll get this...it applies to any genre.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any word on when the teaser blurbs on the 2006 books go up on the website? (Maybe the Friday update?) Like always like reading the teaser synopsis of the books :) (Even if it is just a couple of sentences, I want to hear more about Tuala Morn)

As I understand it, Ben Seeman is on vacation this week, so there probably won't be anything "official" as to a 2006 schedule posting.

This is what Steve said 2 Fridays ago:

Since the SF crew and I will be out at DDC next week and Ben will be on vacation the following week, there won’t be an update on February 18 — you’ll just have to wait until February 28 for the latest info. ;)

Of course, there was an update this week, but Ben was the one that posted it, before going on vacation. :)

Any word on when the teaser blurbs on the 2006 books go up on the website? (Maybe the Friday update?) Like always like reading the teaser synopsis of the books :) (Even if it is just a couple of sentences' date=' I want to hear more about [i']Tuala Morn[/i])

Just a WAG, but probably not until Ben gets back from vacation (next week I think).

Tuala Morn is Steve's pseudo-celtic setting. Celtic flavoured without the restraint of historical accuracy. If I recall the quote correctly, Tuala Morn is the first dry land that the Atlanteans see after Atlantis sinks, to give it at bit of temporal location.

Personally this is one that I am looking forward to a LOT.

Just a WAG, but probably not until Ben gets back from vacation (next week I think).

Tuala Morn is Steve's pseudo-celtic setting. Celtic flavoured without the restraint of historical accuracy. If I recall the quote correctly, Tuala Morn is the first dry land that the Atlanteans see after Atlantis sinks, to give it at bit of temporal location.

Personally this is one that I am looking forward to a LOT.

I'm curious about this as well. GURPS: Celtic Myth was very interesting, but suffered from not having a single character sheet in it so one could get an idea of the power level. I ended up submitting a G: CM-styled character to DH and he totaled around 450 points! As I said in NH, those Irish guys were super heroes in all but name!

I'm curious about this as well. GURPS: Celtic Myth was very interesting' date=' but suffered from not having a [b']single[/b] character sheet in it so one could get an idea of the power level. I ended up submitting a G: CM-styled character to DH and he totaled around 450 points! As I said in NH, those Irish guys were super heroes in all but name!

Well, Steve didn't specifically say anything about including NPCs, but I assume that it will since all of the other setting books do.

Any word on when the teaser blurbs on the 2006 books go up on the website?

After Ben gets back from vacation.

In the meantime, I'll post them in raw text form in a thread sometime tomorrow when I have the time. Right now I have a lot of other little things to do first to take care of things now that I'm back home from DDC. ;)

I'm jazzed out of mind about Stronghold coming back. Every now and then I find a copy of the old 1981 book and snag it for my gaming buds so we can have a point of reference about what is a very useful campaign setting. I've always thought Stronghold should be part of the Champs Universe in this new era. (There're about 2 generations of players that never have any idea what I'm talking about.)

• 2 months later...

As far as my considerations on what I intend to purchase/not purchase:

Nobles, Knights, and Necromancers - unlikely

Ultimate Mentalist - certainly

Stronghold - very probably

Golden Age Champions - certainly

Psychic Wars - probably

The Celtic Beastiary - probably

Thrilling Places - unsure

Tuala Morn - unsure

Pulp Resource Book - probably

Ultimate Skill - certainly

Villians, Vandals and Vermin - unsure

Horror HERO - certainly

Champions Universe Update - unlikely

Danger Zones - unsure

The Underworld Sourcebook - probably

Possible Leatherbound Special Edition - most likely

remaining 2005 (at that writing):

Hudson City - unlikely

Valdorian Age (Both of these are already out) - unlikely

Villainy Amok - bought

Hidden Lands - certainly

UNTIL SuperPowers Database 2 - certainly

Dark Champions: The Animated Series - certainly

HERO System Equipment Guide - certainly

Predators - unsure

Teen Champions - probably

HERO System Combat Guide - probably

Pulp HERO - certainly

Champions Worldwide - unlikely

Everyman - maybe

Masterminds and Madmen - maybe

Ultimate Metamorph - certainly

Amazing HEROTales - Softcover Fiction book with Pulp Stories - unlikely

Asian Beastiary - very probably

Ultimate Speedster - certainly

Worlds of Empire - unsure

For my own purchasing choices (like you all care or something :winkgrin: ). Note that I liberally "borrow" from Zornwil (thanx man).

remaining 2005 (at that writing):

Hudson City - not too likely. I have the main book, and that's what I need for the mo'.

Valdorian Age (Both of these are already out) - likewise, not very likely. I prefer higher-end Fantasy. I might pick it up later to "fill the straight".

Villainy Amok - not for a while. I can come up with ideas on my own, usually, and there are other books to buy!

Hidden Lands - maybe later. Books full of places I won't be sending characters any time soon doesn't grab me.

UNTIL SuperPowers Database 2 - oh hell yeah! Love the first one, and the fact that there will be an update for those of us who choose not to buy the revised first book is just one of the things I love about DoJ. Very cool Steve.

Dark Champions: The Animated Series - Yup yup yup. As far as Champions goes, this is more the setting type I prefer - little less gritty than DC, but not four-color by any stretch.

HERO System Equipment Guide - eventually. I'm not a big toy fan.

Predators - not for a while. I'll pick it up before I buy Hudson City, though.

Teen Champions - oh yeah. Right there with the DC:TAS. Love it love it!

HERO System Combat Guide - I'm definitely going to give this the once-over in the FLGS. I don't know enough to make a purchase decision at this time.

Pulp HERO - eventually. I do like the Pulp concept, but there are other books to buy with my limited fundage.

Champions Worldwide - eventually. Not a priority, though.

Everyman - sooner or later. I really liked NU, and am more than a little peeved I can't find my old copy. This is something useful for the line.

Masterminds and Madmen - eventually. I do like new character writeups, if only for ideas to steal. Heck, DEMON was full of those, and I don't even run a supers setting.

Ultimate Metamorph - eventually. More to fill out the Ultimate section on the shelf than due to a vital need.

Amazing HEROTales - Softcover Fiction book with Pulp Stories - maybe. I'd like to see it first.

Asian Beastiary - ABSOLUTELY!!!!! If there was nothing else I could buy this year, this would be it. Gods, I wish I had it right now.

Ultimate Speedster - certainly. Definite idea-mining opportunities here. I'm more of a martial arts gamer, and quick-moving is the name of the game.

Worlds of Empire - sooner or later, but it's near the bottom of the list.

And as for 2006....

Nobles, Knights, and Necromancers - I wanna see it first, but I probably will. I'm a total slut for the Fantasy HERO line.

Ultimate Mentalist - yup yup yup. Gotta have the nifty magic and mentalism in my games.

Stronghold - not for a long while. It's not something I will be needing anytime soon. If it came up as part of a bundle pack, or a reduced price sale, possibly.

Golden Age Champions - sooner or later. I like my 4th Ed copy; it's a fun setting.

Psychic Wars - probably. Good for idea-mining

The Celtic Beastiary - eventually. Depends on what I think of Tuala Morn.

Thrilling Places - see Pulp HERO above. Not a priority.

Tuala Morn - probably, eventually. I like the higher-powered Fantasy settings, and Celtic is fun.

Pulp Resource Book - see Pulp HERO above. Not a priority.

Ultimate Skill - This is the one book I MUST have in '06. As unkind as it is to say about many other fine books, they can all go burn, so long as I get TUSk

Villians, Vandals and Vermin - eventually.

Horror HERO - oh yeah. I'm gonna get this sooner or later, even sooner if Hite writes it.

Champions Universe Update - maybe, maybe not. Not a priority

Danger Zones - also not a priority.

The Underworld Sourcebook - again, not a priority

Possible Leatherbound Special Edition - maybe. I was silly enough to shell out for Sidekick and FREd 2, wasn't I?

Looking back at this list, I seem pretty low on the buying for the next 20 months. I'll probably buy more than I say here, though.