Pulp Resource Book

Ultimate Skill

Villians, Vandals and Vermin

Horror HERO

Champions Universe Update

Danger Zones

The Underworld Sourcebook

Possible Leatherbound Special Edition

Sorry bout the bad formatting, but this is from my PDA during the conference. :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tentative 2006 Schedule

I certainly hope you're wrong about The Ultimate Mentalist and Villains, Vandals, & Vermin, as both of those books are on the 2005 schedule. The Underworld Sourcebook and Nobles, Knights, & Necromancers are also on the 2005 schedule. I would really hate to see VVV get pushed back to 2006 as villains are lacking in the Champions Universe, IMO.

I certainly hope you're wrong about The Ultimate Mentalist and Villains' date=' Vandals, & Vermin, as both of those books are on the 2005 schedule. The Underworld Sourcebook and Nobles, Knights, & Necromancers are also on the 2005 schedule. I would really hate to see VVV get pushed back to 2006 as villains are lacking in the Champions Universe, IMO.[/quote']

I'll second that opinion as both of those are Champions titles, which seem short handed on that list as it is. I'd also rather see an update of Champions in 3D rather than an updated Stronghold.

Rob

I'll second that opinion as both of those are Champions titles, which seem short handed on that list as it is. I'd also rather see an update of Champions in 3D rather than an updated Stronghold.

Rob

I can see the logic in spreading out the Hero universe a little bit to cover genres other than superhero. Currently, there are...

18 Champions Titles (19 including Dark Champions: TAS)

4 Star Hero Titles

7 Fantasy Hero Titles

3 Dark Champions (2 not including Dark Champions: TAS)

Further, 2005 adds Teen Champions, Until Superpowers Database II, Champions Worldwide, and Everyman. I'd like to see some other stuff...

I can see the logic in spreading out the Hero universe a little bit to cover genres other than superhero. Currently, there are...

18 Champions Titles (19 including Dark Champions: TAS)

4 Star Hero Titles

7 Fantasy Hero Titles

3 Dark Champions (2 not including Dark Champions: TAS)

Further, 2005 adds Teen Champions, Until Superpowers Database II, Champions Worldwide, and Everyman. I'd like to see some other stuff...

Just so we get all the numbers correct... there have been 6 Hero System products [H5E, H5Er, Sidekick, Beastiary, Resource Kit, and Vehicle], 4 Star Hero [star Hero, Terran Empire, Spacer's Toolkit, and Alien Wars], 2 Dark Champions [Dark Champions and Hudson City], 4 Ultimate Series [brick, Martial Artist, Mystic, and Vehicle], 7 Fantasy Hero [FH, FHG, FHG2, MMM, TTA, FHB, and TVA], and 16 Champions products [Champinos, CU, CKC, MC, USPD, CB, SoB pdf, Viper, STAST, UNTIL, GC, GG, TMW, AA, Demon, and VB] published so far.

2005 will have 18 new products, only 6 of which are Champions books. Two-thirds of the books published in 2005 and 2006 will not be for Champions.

Just so we get all the numbers correct... there have been 6 Hero System products [H5E' date= H5Er, Sidekick, Beastiary, Resource Kit, and Vehicle], 4 Star Hero [star Hero, Terran Empire, Spacer's Toolkit, and Alien Wars], 2 Dark Champions [Dark Champions and Hudson City], 4 Ultimate Series [brick, Martial Artist, Mystic, and Vehicle], 7 Fantasy Hero [FH, FHG, FHG2, MMM, TTA, FHB, and TVA], and 16 Champions products [Champinos, CU, CKC, MC, USPD, CB, SoB pdf, Viper, STAST, UNTIL, GC, GG, TMW, AA, Demon, and VB] published so far.

2005 will have 18 new products, only 6 of which are Champions books. Two-thirds of the books published in 2005 and 2006 will not be for Champions.

And I will end up buying all of them. Muahahahahahaahahahaah*cough* mortgage! *cough*......

sorry, what was the question?

2005 will have 18 new products' date=' only 6 of which are Champions books. Two-thirds of the books published in 2005 and 2006 will not be for Champions.[/quote']Ok, fair enough. I included Hidden Lands and Villany Amok in my count of Champions stuff, which I see is technically inaccurate. I thought they were going to be out by DunDraCon.

I like to play heroic level games and as a result have limited utility for the Champions books. I'm happy to see more FH, DC, SH, and Pulp Hero stuff.

Man, that was freaky. With the font chosen for this site, Tuala Morn looked a whole lot like TUALA MOM instead of TUALA MORN!

Anyway, I jumped into the thread, eager to find out whether Ultimate Skill or Horror HERO would be the big release, and they're both there! Woohoo!

I like to play heroic level games and as a result have limited utility for the Champions books. I'm happy to see more FH' date=' DC, SH, and Pulp Hero stuff.[/quote']

I'm generally in the other camp as I no longer play non-superhero material. Anything published which doesn't add to a superhero game is probably a pass for me; but now due to DoJ's plea to buy more books or they will go out of business I'm persuaded to buy things I really don't want.

2006 Lineup

Nobles, Knights, and Necromancers

Ultimate Mentalist

Stronghold

Golden Age Champions

Psychic Wars

The Celtic Beastiary

Thrilling Places

Tuala Morn

Pulp Resource Book

Ultimate Skill

Horror HERO

Danger Zones

Sorry bout the bad formatting, but this is from my PDA during the conference. :)

Between this and the fact I'm paying off my car in 2006, it is going to be a good year. :D

My tentative guess is that Psychic Wars, Thrilling Places, and Danger Zones are also Champions' products, though Thrilling Places could be a Pulp Hero product and Danger Zones could be for Dark Champions. That would bring the guessing Champions products to:

Stronghold

Golden Age Champion

Psychic Wars

Trilling Places

Villains, Vandals, and Vermin

Danger Zones

2006 Lineup

Nobles, Knights, and Necromancers

Ultimate Mentalist

Stronghold

Golden Age Champions

Psychic Wars

The Celtic Beastiary

Thrilling Places

Tuala Morn

Pulp Resource Book

Ultimate Skill

Horror HERO even though I don't see a need for it

Danger Zones

The ones I am most likely buy are in bold and possible are underline.

I'm sorry that this is going to be negative but I am really sick of the whinning about not enough Champions stuff, it happens every year and it really turns me off of HERO everytime. Champions gets the largest share by far everytime while many other genres are not even represented. I had to wait two freaking years for Dark Champs just to find out that the emphasis was on Champs and why on earth would somebody not count DC supplements like The Animated Series as a Champions product?

Anyway rant out of the way, I'm happy to see Pulp will be getting support and Horror is on the list. Nice to see some other stuff like the Celtic beastiary and Ultimate skill too.

and why on earth would somebody not count DC supplements like The Animated Series as a Champions product?

Probably because of the fact that they can't be used in a standard Champions game without total character sheet rewrites. Most people don't play in 3-4 speed Champions games, for example. TAS is what the 4E version of Dark Champions was, and it wasn't Champions.

Here's what I want to get (based purely on title):

Ultimate Mentalist

Golden Age Champions

The Celtic Beastiary

Thrilling Places

Pulp Resource Book

Ultimate Skill

Horror HERO

Others will depend on content.

(sigh... no Cyber Hero....)