Tentative 2006 Schedule

archermoo

Re: Tentative 2006 Schedule

Possible Leatherbound Special Edition

-- Or other product to celebrate Champions' 25th Anniversary. There will be polls. Derek suggested a book with articles from as many old time Champions authors as possible, Steve and Darren said it would be really hard to contact many of those people. Someone else suggested a book of fan submissions, Steve and Darren said it would be a lot of work doing all the contracts.

Who authors it isn't as important as what it will be about, which I guess we won't know till the poll. An expensively bound retrospective wouldn't be a good seller. Besides, 25 is the silver anniversary, not leather. Maybe material from Digital Hero..?

Horror HERO

-- This was the poll runner-up.

This should be a pop-up book!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Psychic Wars

-- IIRC, an alternate campaign by Allen Thomas. Sort of modern day X-File-ish where mentalist-types rule the world behind the scenes. Apparently Allen has been wanting to do this for a couple of years.

Looks like a Dark Champions campaign setting then. Certainly worth a look as I like the genre.

Tuala Morn

-- Steve Long's Celtic-themed campaign setting. He stressed that it will emphasize the theme and feel over historical accuracy.

Kewl. Fantasy Hero Slaine. Chalk me up for this one.

Horror HERO

-- This was the poll runner-up.

Meh. It's going to be have to be really good to interest me.

Possible Leatherbound Special Edition

-- Or other product to celebrate Champions' 25th Anniversary. There will be polls. Derek suggested a book with articles from as many old time Champions authors as possible, Steve and Darren said it would be really hard to contact many of those people. Someone else suggested a book of fan submissions, Steve and Darren said it would be a lot of work doing all the contracts.

Another meh. These type of products just don't interest me.

As for the others, I'm tentatively interested.

James.

Psychic wars is for StarHero, I asked about this one at the con and that was what I was told at the DoJ booth.

Glad to see DC get a non-supers, non-crime fighting (presumably) based supplement, maybe that will finally get my enthusiasm for DC back where it should have been from the start.

Looking at the 05 and 06 schedule it looks like Pulp will have plenty of support, along with Horror I may have to try to start a Cthulhu Hero game. Did one years ago with Justice Inc and had a great time.

I'm interested in all of them ... but of them, the ones I'm most interested in are:

Horror Hero: Woo! I've been waiting for this for a while :) I just hope it's better than than it's 4th ed parent.

Stronghold: Use it a LOT in my campaig as is ... would be nice to have some official rules for it :)

Golden Age Champions: WOO!! :D

Psychic Wars: I've been running a campaign akin to this for a while ... really looking foward to what's in this.

Tuala Morn: Mmmm ... Slaine and Roar ...

Villians, Vandals and Vermin: Woo ... more villains! Here's hoping there's some more classic ones ;)

Hopefully Psychic Wars will have guidelines for making mental powers more effective against non-mentalists(esp. if starting characters are built on 150 points). The old Mystic Masters campaign house rule would probably work just fine.
How'd that campaign house rule worK? Pretty please?

As it stands right now, the only books of much interest to me personally are the two Ultimate books, and to a lesser degree the Celtic Bestiary.

I echo the disappointment over the total lack of Star Hero coverage. I would have very much liked to see at least a small book just to make the line look alive (if only an Encyclopedia Galactica with miscellaneous information from around the galaxy, written to be no less useful for Champions and Galactic Champions players and GMs -- and I'm pretty sure I have almost enough stuff on my computer at home to fill such a book).

Definitely did not hear Ken Hite's name, but for a couple of projects Steve said that he had specific freelance authors in mind. He didn't want to mention them yet since no deals have been done (the schedule was dreamed up on Thursday). Unfortunately I'm really hazy whether Horror was one of those books.

Hmm, now that I think about it I'm only somewhat sure that a couple of the 2006 products were moved up to 2005 because they fit there better. I"m drawing a complete blank of what are the new 2005 books, but those books were not listed in the 2006 list. Steve will post an official list when he gets back from the con and the web site will be updated in a week or two.

Well, here's the 2005 list as given at the same seminar as the 2006 list:

Hudson City

Valdorian Age (Both of these are already out)

Villainy Amok

Hidden Lands

UNTIL SuperPowers Database 2 (which will have an appendix with all the changes going into the revised version of the 1st one)

Dark Champions: The Animated Series

HERO System Equipment Guide

Preditors

Teen Champions

HERO System Combat Guide

Pulp HERO

Champions Worldwide

Everyman

Masterminds and Madmen

Ultimate Metamorph

Amazing HEROTales - Softcover Fiction book with Pulp Stories

Asian Beastiary

Ultimate Speedster

Worlds of Empire

What I want from this list (based on title only).

Hidden Lands

UNTIL SuperPowers Database 2

HERO System Combat Guide

Pulp HERO

Ultimate Metamorph

Asian Bestiary (I hear this will be a good book) :D

Ultimate Speedster

What's "Everyman"?

Everyman is the same type of book as Normals Unbound for 4E -- normal people who interact with heroes in some capacity. Steve said this won't include gritty characters (hookers' date=' drug dealers, petty criminals), who will probably be included in a parallel supplement for Dark Champions.[/quote']

NU was a really, really good book. I'll have to give this one a look then.

Everyman is the same type of book as Normals Unbound for 4E -- normal people who interact with heroes in some capacity. Steve said this won't include gritty characters (hookers' date=' drug dealers, petty criminals), who will probably be included in a parallel supplement for Dark Champions.[/quote']

You can never have too many writeups for hookers and drug dealers :D

Psychic Wars

Hey guys... to answer some questions concerning Psychic Wars...

As one poster put it, Scanners meets X-Files is a good way of putting it, I think.

In a nutshell: Scientists prove the existence of psionic powers, leading to an increased understanding of human consciousness. Psionics establish themselves as the next step in human evolution, break up into various camps, and pursue various agendas.

It's for Star Hero, although I'll be begging, borrowing, and stealing from Dark Champions since it'll have a near future setting. It has a near future setting for a couple of reasons, one of which is I want to introduce psionic technology.

It'll have a detailed discussion of rules for psionics, but I need to take a look at the Ultimate Mentalist before nailing anything down.

Re: Psychic Wars

As one poster put it, Scanners meets X-Files is a good way of putting it, I think.

In a nutshell: Scientists prove the existence of psionic powers, leading to an increased understanding of human consciousness. Psionics establish themselves as the next step in human evolution, break up into various camps, and pursue various agendas.

It's for Star Hero, although I'll be begging, borrowing, and stealing from Dark Champions since it'll have a near future setting. It has a near future setting for a couple of reasons, one of which is I want to introduce psionic technology.

It'll have a detailed discussion of rules for psionics, but I need to take a look at the Ultimate Mentalist before nailing anything down.

Hmm... what is meant by "psionics" here? And what is the rough power level? As in, how powerful are the psionics going to be? Is this mostly mind control and telepathy or can these guy deflect bullets and crush cars with their minds?

Hmm... what is meant by "psionics" here? And what is the rough power level? As in' date=' how powerful are the psionics going to be? Is this mostly mind control and telepathy or can these guy deflect bullets and crush cars with their minds?[/quote']

I'm going to start a topic in the Star Hero topic, and answer this (as well as any other questions) there.

Hudson City

Valdorian Age (Both of these are already out)

Plot Seeds

Hidden Lands

UNTIL SuperPowers Database 2 (which will have an appendix with all the changes going into the revised version of the 1st one)

Dark Champions: The Animated Series

Preditors

Teen Champions

HERO System Combat Guide

Pulp HERO

Champions Worldwide

Everyman

Masterminds and Madmen

Ultimate Metamorph

Amazing HEROTales - Softcover Fiction book with Pulp Stories

Asian Beastiary

Ultimate Speedster

Worlds of Empire

The "Plot Seeds" book listed above is actually called "Villainy Amok," by your friend and mine Scott Bennie. dw

Oooo ... basically Psi World Hero then? ;)

The "Plot Seeds" book listed above is actually called "Villainy Amok' date='" by your friend and mine Scott Bennie. dw[/quote']

Ooops...I missed the title when it was first stated and so put Plot Seeds on my list so I'd remember to ask what the real title was later...and then promptly forgot.

Here's one to answer (please), if you don't mind:

Will this be a part of the official Champions/Hero Universe? If so, in what approximate time frame?

My recollection is that it will be outside of the normal HERO universe. Sort of an alternate timeline kind of thing. Though, as usual, I could be mis-remembering...

The "Plot Seeds" book listed above is actually called "Villainy Amok' date='" by your friend and mine Scott Bennie. dw[/quote']

Ah! Yes, that sounds like a book I'd want, even if I'm not running anything with supers in it.