Hero System women are all insanely attractive

paigeoliver

Re: Hero System women are all insanely attractive

Yeah' date=' that's a bit of a stretch even for the mighty Z. If you'll look at his profile you'll see he averages 38.36 posts per day. It's a bit hard to see how 44 posts is "lurking" unless lurking means "fewer posts of substance" in Giant Radioactive Lizard language. :winkgrin:[/quote']

Yeah, yeah, yeah, pile it on... :D

Well, you know, I have been staying out of NGD other than threads I'm on already and just yesterday finally spent some time in this forum. I was kinda referring to that. Just to set the record straight as to what I meant!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who wants to escape to a world where people are ordinary looking?

The fact that women tend to be better looking in games is largely due to the target demographic. If women were the target demographic, all the men would be hot (the Anita Blake series comes to mind...).

Looking at stats, a LOT of the guys are hot, too, though, of course, far less often than female figures.

Over the past few months I've taken to writing up all my characters with a COM of 20 to start. It's the fist thing I pay for. That way, when I'm done making the character and find myself a point or two shy of what I need, I can take it out of COM. If it don't find myself short on anything, then I have a really high COM, and everybody wins!

PS: I don't know what my COM is, but according to my girlfriend, it's fairly high (I think she's a little biased, but I don't mind).

Over the past few months I've taken to writing up all my characters with a COM of 20 to start. It's the fist thing I pay for. That way, when I'm done making the character and find myself a point or two shy of what I need, I can take it out of COM. If it don't find myself short on anything, then I have a really high COM, and everybody wins!

PS: I don't know what my COM is, but according to my girlfriend, it's fairly high (I think she's a little biased, but I don't mind).

I have the opposite problem: I think mine is really high, but my wife says not. And she has reasons. Lists of reasons... :nonp:

SO WHY DID SHE MARRY ME?

Well, you recall I mentioned Beer Goggles (COM UAA, uncontrolled, focus alcohol)). Possible they had something to do with it :)

Hi. New poster, veteran HERO player (since 1980, I think).

In our games, the group I'm in takes COM into careful consideration for -all- characters. Most Supers, male and female, end up with COM scores of 16-20 because, as was mentioned, if youre athletic, well-built, and active, you just -are- more attractive.

Our campaigns dont allow COM to go over 20 for Humans; you'd have to be a Diety or something to exceed the limit. But since we tend to "bodycast" characters (meaning we pick a celebrity whom the group is familiar with for the character to look like), our PC's tend to be pretty attractive, on the whole.

Someone mentioned that their female gamer friends play "attractive characters, but not -too- attractive". Ive seen this too, although one of the women we game with -definately- fits this behaviour pattern, another -always- plays high-end COM characters.

Of course...shes rather attractive herself, and might just not be as hung up on the whole jealousy of other people thing ;)

For females, being attractive IS important. They've studied this - the homlier girls get passed over for promotions more often than not, they're less likely to be hired, and less likely to be taken seriously.

So for 2 pts per point spent, it's well worth investing those 3 or 4 points to make sure you have a character who'll be acknowledged.

For females, being attractive IS important. They've studied this - the homlier girls get passed over for promotions more often than not, they're less likely to be hired, and less likely to be taken seriously.

So for 2 pts per point spent, it's well worth investing those 3 or 4 points to make sure you have a character who'll be acknowledged.

If you keep in mind Normals have Primary Characteristics of 8 rather than 10, any PC or major NPC is automatically better looking than the average Joe or Jane just by virtue of their 10 COM. That's 25% better looking than an average person.

You could call that a natural result of simply being physically fit and self-confident. (Two traits that I, and I suspect most adults of both sexes, find attractive in the opposite sex.)

If you keep in mind Normals have Primary Characteristics of 8 rather than 10, any PC or major NPC is automatically better looking than the average Joe or Jane just by virtue of their 10 COM. That's 25% better looking than an average person.

You could call that a natural result of simply being physically fit and self-confident. (Two traits that I, and I suspect most adults of both sexes, find attractive in the opposite sex.)

When my players asked, I told them that since the average was 8, 10 was "Hollywood average."

So 10 is plenty? Good to know.

Here's a theory: beauty is not generally quantifiable. There are many women who ARE beautiful but don't realize they are. So to have a number one can point to and say, "Yeah, she's definitely prettier than most women around her" is a comforting thought.

It's an ego-stroking thing. (No, not EGO, ego.)

I'm sorry; I've lost track of the conversation. Where we discussing women characters in campaigns, in the books or somewhere else?

Leaping away from HERO for a second - I started a science fiction GURPS campaign many years ago. It was originally a one-off filler for a single player when the rest of the group didn't arrive. He made up a bounty hunter type pretty quickly and, having several points left over from his original character conception gave the bounty hunter maximum attractiveness (25 points, very handsome).

He played him for a couple of single-player sessions, then the rest of the group turned up again the next week and, having heard Steve saying he'd enjoyed the (largely improvised) Space Opera stuff they decided to join in.

However when they realised that Steve's character was so damned handsome, they just couldn't take second place. Every single character (all male I might add!) from the veteran star commando, to the ruthless assassin, to the jaded street-samurai all took maximum attractiveness. They didn't do it as a gag, they just didn't want to be second best.

That was one rebel team that found it VERY hard to do incognito missions... Still as one of them said, if the rebellion ever crumbled at least they could all get jobs modelling swimwear.

So' date=' I guess in the Champions Universe ALL the women are hot. Even the "normal" ones.[/quote']

Well of course they are, they are playing the best supers game available today! As a matter of fact they are also startlingly brilliant. I know my wife is an incredibly hot Polar Bear in our Champions game...