My Cool Color Hudson City Map

Steve Long

Re: My Cool Color Hudson City Map

But then I'd imagine that you'd have the problem of people running off numerous copies and distributing them. An even bigger problem would be the PDF finding its way onto the web. Of course if someone has access to the right equipment and are willing to they could do the same thing with a hard copy.

There just isn't an easy answer to this problem.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve already has his own' date=' [i']much more impressive[/i] map (see the first posts in this thread) and surely If one could be produced he can produce more. If I understand correctly his problem is finding a way to reproduce it economically enough to make it a viable product. My own map is functionally useful for my game but it lacks the artistic quality of the map that Keith Curtis produced.

Anybody who can backengineer that map (the most complex I've ever produced) from the printed segments has my vast respect. That's a monumental undertaking.

Keith ":thumbup:" Curtis

But then I'd imagine that you'd have the problem of people running off numerous copies and distributing them. An even bigger problem would be the PDF finding its way onto the web. Of course if someone has access to the right equipment and are willing to they could do the same thing with a hard copy.

There just isn't an easy answer to this problem.

Yes, but they have that same issue with their Book PDFs.

When I used to be a draftsman in my former life, I worked for an engineering company that worked for the military I had to use both MicroStation and AutoCAD. I will attest to the difficulty of conversions between the two, however I found a great deal of success using DXF has the translation format. You lose a lot of the color fills for polys, but those are easy enough to recreate after you polyline them back together again.

As an aside, MicroStation rules! :yes:

• 2 months later...

Well, if this isn't thread necromancy I don't know what is! As a newcomer to Hudson City, I would LOVE to have access to this color map in PDF format so I can print it out in size/detail as I desire. After reading Hudson City it's rapidly becoming my city of choice for "modernish" games and I'm planning on using it in a pulp era game.

Anymore thought to making this available via PDF?

Well, if this isn't thread necromancy I don't know what is! As a newcomer to Hudson City, I would LOVE to have access to this color map in PDF format so I can print it out in size/detail as I desire. After reading Hudson City it's rapidly becoming my city of choice for "modernish" games and I'm planning on using it in a pulp era game.

Anymore thought to making this available via PDF?

I use HC for all my "Modern" city games too. It works great for Pulp games.

By the way, Thrilling Places has a hidden China Town street "Street of the Emerald Bird" that is based in HC. :D

• 2 weeks later...

No coincidence. Lots of fans and freelancers have names in Hero products. Most of them are the result of Hero's program to generate donations for the CBLDF. Others are there because some mad mapmaker wanted to put friends, family members and pets in.

Keith ":whistle:Curtis

No coincidence. Lots of fans and freelancers have names in Hero products. Most of them are the result of Hero's program to generate donations for the CBLDF. Others are there because some mad mapmaker wanted to put friends, family members and pets in.

Hehheh. I'll keep my eye out for Shaft Island (not far for the town of "Screwed", population: the PCs) in an upcoming book.

Is there a thread listing all these obscure inside jokes?

Heck, I'd like to see it as a Desktop Wallpaper.

I took the TA and blew it up by 200% in Paint and saved it as a PDF. No distortion and it's about 2.25 x 2.25 pages landscape. Sure, you have to cut it out, but it looks great in black and white on my wall.

Cheap, but effective!

:hush:

I use HC for all my "Modern" city games too. It works great for Pulp games.

By the way, Thrilling Places has a hidden China Town street "Street of the Emerald Bird" that is based in HC. :D

All the City Settings in Thrilling Places are located in HC by default. (there are four in total.)

All the City Settings in Thrilling Places are located in HC by default. (there are four in total.)

True, but SotEB is the only one I can see on the map :D

Of course if I had one of those mondo big cool detailed maps like some people I might see more :sneaky:

Heck, I'd like to see it as a Desktop Wallpaper.

I took the TA and blew it up by 200% in Paint and saved it as a PDF. No distortion and it's about 2.25 x 2.25 pages landscape. Sure, you have to cut it out, but it looks great in black and white on my wall.

What's the TA?

It just so happens that there are full color maps of Tuala Morn that can be resized easily... Getting one of the whole land might be a bit harder though...

Myself, I am still very interested in the Full color maps of Hudson City.

It just so happens that there are full color maps of Tuala Morn that can be resized easily... Getting one of the whole land might be a bit harder though...

Myself, I am still very interested in the Full color maps of Hudson City.

Where?

Where?

I second this sentiment; I'm also wondering what is Tuala Mourn and what does it have to do with Hudson City?

Can anyone comment on the availability or whereabouts of a digital version of that spiffy color Hudson City map?

Well you're in big trouble if I get a map and don't see Rath, or Lekchock streets!

I second this sentiment; I'm also wondering what is Tuala Mourn and what does it have to do with Hudson City?

Can anyone comment on the availability or whereabouts of a digital version of that spiffy color Hudson City map?

Tuala Mourn is the newest FH setting book. An very cool celtic'ish world that has some cool maps. Nothing to do with Hudson City at all. But they both have MAPS :D

So far the no spiffy color Hudson City map is available. Steve has one and Edsel made himself one. But there isn't one for purchase and it doesn't look like it may ever happen.

But I believe that if there is enough whining and people poking and prodding, they might put out a high resolution PDF version just to shut us up :D

What?? It could happen :nonp:

Tuala Mourn is the newest FH setting book. An very cool celtic'ish world that has some cool maps. Nothing to do with Hudson City at all. But they both have MAPS :D

So far the no spiffy color Hudson City map is available. Steve has one and Edsel made himself one. But there isn't one for purchase and it doesn't look like it may ever happen.

This is an accurate summary.

Well you're in big trouble if I get a map and don't see Rath' date=' or Lekchock streets![/quote']Dangit! I keep forgetting who you are. Stupid Internet handles. I apologize retroactively for any comment I might have made to you in the past on these boards that was less thna friendly (I'm not sure if I've done this, but it's entirely possible).

Keith "down with anonymity" Curtis

Well, what a major bummer. Guess I'll have to continue working on my CC3 version for my own use then, but I was hoping to avoid the work.

This is an accurate summary.

Dangit! I keep forgetting who you are. Stupid Internet handles. I apologize retroactively for any comment I might have made to you in the past on these boards that was less thna friendly (I'm not sure if I've done this, but it's entirely possible).

Keith "down with anonymity" Curtis

Given that you don't seem to have a tendency go blasting random people, I'm sure if you did (and I'm pretty sure you haven't assuming your comment when I posted the ihateMac video was more joke than serious) it would have been well deserved. I come across much differently on message boards than I do in normal circumstances. I've heard: "I hate you on the boards" upon meeting people for the first time more than once :D

P.S.

In fact you gave me my first REP point!