My Cool Color Hudson City Map

Steve Long

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: My Cool Color Hudson City Map

Here's a closeup showing the awesome level of detail. Keith worked in pretty much every location mentioned in the book, all the subway and elevated rail lines, and even the major sewer lines, into one seamless and easy-to-use whole. It's definitely going to make my next HC campaign go well. ;)

Very nice!

It looks like a real city map!

No, it doesn't. If it did, it would be creased like it was folded once, but in such a way that nobody can duplicate. "Fold it this way! No, it goes this way first. . . "

That, or it would be on yellow paper, and look like it was torn out of a phone book. Oooh, that would be a cool prop even I could make! *scampers away*

I was actually thinking of having another copy made, then folding it up to look like a map you'd get from AAA or something. I talked with Keith about that at DDC. ;)

When can we buy a copy in the online store?

Well, if we ever find a way to do them for a decent price, we'll definitely give it a shot. But as a one-at-a-time thing I print out at Kinko's, it's not something most people would want to pay for. ;)

Put it up on eBay. Tell all of us about it and you'll make a fortune. I'd pay pretty hansomely for it.

If you do make something like that available for sale, I for one, would be very interested. Whatever you had to charge I am confident that I'd buy one.

Well' date=' if we ever find a way to do them for a decent price, we'll definitely give it a shot. But as a one-at-a-time thing I print out at Kinko's, it's not something most people would want to pay for. ;)[/quote']If you could do a 24" x 24" or 36" x 36" version, even in black & white, I'd very happily pay $20 for it. Even an 11" x 17" version (double the size in DC) would be very useful.

I was actually thinking of having another copy made' date=' then folding it up to look like a map you'd get from AAA or something.[/quote']

Maybe you can convince AAA that Hudson City is a real place, then sell them your map, so we can all get free copies from AAA!

And then we can order TripTychs and traffic reports...

Put it up on eBay.

Well, no -- it's mine, and I want to keep it. Between what I paid Keith and what I paid Kinko's, I shelled out a pretty penny for it, and I don't wanna sell it. ;)

That said -- there will come a time when I want to get Keith to update the map to add locations from books published since HC. At that time I would probably consider auctioning this one as a one-of-a-kind collectible. ;)

In ye meantime... I'll keep my feelers out and eyes open for ways that we might be able to offer something of the sort for sale.

Well' date=' no -- it's mine, and I want to keep it. Between what I paid Keith and what I paid Kinko's, I shelled out a pretty penny for it, and I don't wanna sell it. ;)[/quote']

I understand. Our Fantasy Hero GM, Eosin, paid Mr. Curtis to do his campaign map (it's beautiful too). We've paid professional artists as much a $60 a pop to do character art for us. I'd be willing to pay a considerable amount for a map like that of Hudson City. Especially since I am our group's Dark Champions GM.

Offered for sale in the online store as an image file of some sort, I think you'd sell a few pretty handily. I, for one (if I were using HC yet in my campaign), would actually prefer the file to a mailed hardcopy. That way when new stuff pops up in my campaign, I could add it to the image and the legend, and then get an updated copy printed at Kinko's when I felt it was due.

I realize that means you wouldn't be able to shill me for buying new copies, but I think few of us would be replacing copies due to mileage anyway..

That's an awesome map! I'd love to get a poster of that myself ... count me as someone who'd order a hard copy if sold at a good price :) Even if I didn't use HC, the missus would love to have a copy to piece apart for research ;)

Well' date=' if we find some bisexual nymphos interested in a long term threesome, maybe we'd have some bargaining room. :D[/quote']

Maybe, but only if they are real!

I don't think Steve is going to fall for you in drag and a sheep in a dress.

Not that the community at large wouldn't appreciate your, ummm, efforts.

:)

KA.

• 9 months later...

I missed this the first time around. That map is gorgeous. Is there any potential for a print on demand sort of arrangement?

Hudson City is the greatest city that never was. The best part about the book is that it has versimilitude by the boat load, and that map looks REAL.

Please allow my to add my two cents' worth to this topic --

I think it would be cool to get the thing printed up like a regular city street map and sell it that way. I would gladly pay up to $15 for such a product.

Matt "Tired-of-going-to-the-photocopy-place-to-piece-together-blurry-maps" Frisbee

I am glad to hear that you are still working on how to get this product made available. I have really been thinking about making my own (I have the software and skills) but it is a really big undertaking (at least the way I'd have to do it). I'd much rather spend the money to get a nice professional version of the map.