Clix mod challenge

hooligan x

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Clix mod challenge

No offense Hooligan' date=' but your photography sucks.[/quote']

The only reason I used these was I had promised pics for weeks. I took every pic I've posted on this thread, with different borrowed cameras and with various degrees of success. You'll notice I am soliciting advice on which camera to purchase.

I use a Nikon Coolpix, but they can be pretty pricey (especially for the higher-end models). You can get a lower-end model (4200 or 4600) for less than $200. The higher end models run up to $1000. But even most of the lower-end models have a macro feature. Make sure you check for macro focus before you buy the camera. :)

Here's something to try: probably 60% of all digital cameras these days have a macro feature. I'll bet the camera you borrowed has one too, it's just such an esoteric feature that most people never bother to use it. A macro lens lets you take pictures from really close up (like 2-4 inches) and still retain your focus. If the camera has a macro feature, you'll be able to get better pics. Check for a macro button (on the Nikons, it looks like a little flower, or sometimes a flower next to a mountain), or look on the digital menu for something like "Focus Mode" or "Focus Range" or "Lens." Set it to macro mode, then you can get really really close pics that don't turn out fuzzy.

Also, rest your camera on something solid (even the table edge works) -- if you've got a tripod, use it! Looks like part of your problem might be that you're not holding the camera steady enough (and that is important when you're taking pics like this).

I hope this is helpful to you. Check out my article in last month's DH for more hints. :) I'd really love to see a better pic of Firewing and Mechanon!

Bill.

The only reason I used these was I had promised pics for weeks. I took every pic I've posted on this thread' date=' with different borrowed cameras and with various degrees of success. You'll notice I am soliciting advice on which camera to purchase.[/quote']

I'm just messin with ya. From what I can make out those are some nice mods.

The only reason I used these was I had promised pics for weeks. I took every pic I've posted on this thread' date=' with different borrowed cameras and with various degrees of success. You'll notice I am soliciting advice on which camera to purchase.[/quote']

I think you may find that Hooligan X posted these on my behalf as he has kindly designed and made these for me - though the pictures aren't great you can still get a good idea of what the figs look like - they are sweet!!!

WELL DONE!!!!