The Unusual Suspects

Libra

Re: The Unusual Suspects

I had an idea for a bubbly blonde sorceress, kinda like a cross between the heroines of Clueless and Legally Blonde and Dr. Strange.

My working title for her was Tiffany Trismegistus.

I use a villian evil sorceress named Britany LeFay ...shes a cheerleader and a super mage...:)

Like Shaman from Alpha Flight then? And a bit like Dr. Strange' date=' who's both a medical doctor and master of the mystic arts.[/quote']I doubt the character's player (Mentor's eldest son), who was 11 when he designed the character 4 years ago, has ever seen either Shaman or Dr. Strange in a comic. I think he came up the idea from scratch (How long has it been since Shaman has appeared in a comic?).

Was Shaman also an M.D.? I didn't know that.

I have a Ghost Patriot too. Dang, guess I have a lot of patriots, now that I think about it. He's "American Spirit", born on the very day that the Declaration of Independance was signed, he is the incarnation of the land. He can only manifest at the scenes of patriotic battlefields and graveyards. He's more of a consultant to patriots who appear in such places and call for him; but that's only because nobody has ever picked a fight with him in campaign ;)

I doubt the character's player (Mentor's eldest son), who was 11 when he designed the character 4 years ago, has ever seen either Shaman or Dr. Strange in a comic. I think he came up the idea from scratch (How long has it been since Shaman has appeared in a comic?).

Was Shaman also an M.D.? I didn't know that.

Yep, Dr, Michael Twoyoungmen, MD. Was the attending physician at Snowbird's birth.

The Finn is an A.I. robot mage. Dr. Benedict is an occult investigator/golden-age Shazam brick. Lillith is a mentalist/necromancer. Cobalt (nee Wharf) is a cosmic crystal powered energy projector/cyborg assassin. Shellie-bear is a stripper/nun/ghost/ninja/janitor/dentist.

OK, so I made up Shellie-bear. My bad.

I have a couple of mixed types among the SuperSquad America team:

Fast Track (formerly Whiz Kid) -- speedster/genius

Nightingale -- sonic powers/healer with a reasonable knowledge of mysticism

My favorite mixed archetype character of all time is DC Comics' Kilowog. He is a brick/gadgeteer with a Green Lantern ring.

(How long has it been since Shaman has appeared in a comic?).

He made an appearance in the current run of Alpha Flight, about a month ago. But I wouldn't expect anyone to know that, since nobody actually reads that comic ;)

Re: The Unusual SuspectsMy current campaign has one definite blended character, and one who might qualify. The definite is a character who is a (literal) cross between Wolverine and Jean Gray, and has appropriate powers - adamantium skeleton, claws, and a VPP of psionic abilities.The other is a brick / shapeshifter / stretcher. Think Odo (from DS9) crossed with high strength and toughness. Not sure that qualifies as a blend, but I think it does.

Hey! That was a great comic. Why'd they have to cancell that and She-Hulk anyway?

AF was not selling well, from what I heard second-hand. I don't know about She-Hulk, but it's supposed to be back at the end of the year, which kind of implies that the creative team were taking a break or something.