Could your Champions character beat...

Trebuchet

Re: Could your Champions character beat...

Just so we have some perspective' date=' what's Spidey's DEX in your world?[/quote']

Ah, he's in my world, and that would be telling... :D

Seriously, it's no big issue, he's at 60 but no skill levels except with Spidey-specific stuff and that's not usually used for CV except to offset penalties and such.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, he's in my world, and that would be telling... :D

Seriously, it's no big issue, he's at 60 but no skill levels except with Spidey-specific stuff and that's not usually used for CV except to offset penalties and such.

HOLY BE-JEEZUS!!!

Man... talk about stat inflation.

I can't even conceive of playing with those kind of stats. What? Are your thugs all 29 DEX?

CRAZY I say! :P

HOLY BE-JEEZUS!!!

I can't even conceive of playing with those kind of stats. What? Are your thugs all 29 DEX?

You should see his write-up for Aunt May. The old girl hangs with Mary Lou Retton on the un-even bars. ;)

HOLY BE-JEEZUS!!!

It's all a matter of benchmarks. If the villains in his campaign are a credible threat to defeat the PC's then so what? Obviously the supers in Zornwils world are truly SUPER, making normals look pale by comparison. As long as the game isn't a cake-walk for the PC's I say "so what?"

HOLY BE-JEEZUS!!!

He's the best of the best, a walking legend.

Nah, thugs are 10. Special, high-end agents tend to run 15-20 with possible levels.

But the top end in any char is a far reach, and, yeah, I think stat inflation is okay for some areas, I run the gamut in low to high. Remember, I have the INT war... (2 PCs vying for the honor, both with INTs > 100, though it's actually led to some very intersting RPing opportunities).

It's all a matter of benchmarks. If the villains in his campaign are a credible threat to defeat the PC's then so what? Obviously the supers in Zornwils world are truly SUPER' date=' making normals look pale by comparison. As long as the game isn't a cake-walk for the PC's I say "so what?"[/quote']

I know RDU Neil, I took it in good humor, no worries. I think he was just commenting with agog, rather than actually criticizing. :)

Oh' date='Zornwil,I don't suppose you could post your Campaign Guidelines & Standards? Please?[/quote']

It's on the site. I don't use Rule of X or campaign min-max or standards. I prefer a more open-ended approach.

http://www.realschluss.org/x-champions/x-champions_setting/character-guidelines.htm gives an idea.

House rules at http://www.realschluss.org/x-champions/house_rules/index.html.

PCs grow quickly, mainly due to a "leveling" effect, if you will, when they reach certain Reputation levels.

HOLY BE-JEEZUS!!!

Heh. zornwil does an amazing balancing act, but I've only thought "WTF?" twice in terms of finding out stats. The aforementioned INT war and I'm blanking on the other one.

Heh. zornwil does an amazing balancing act' date=' but I've only thought "WTF?" twice in terms of finding out stats. The aforementioned INT war and I'm blanking on the other one.[/quote']

Huh, now you have me curious about the other time.

It's all a matter of benchmarks. If the villains in his campaign are a credible threat to defeat the PC's then so what? Obviously the supers in Zornwils world are truly SUPER' date=' making normals look pale by comparison. As long as the game isn't a cake-walk for the PC's I say "so what?"[/quote']

Exactly. Zornwil does a great job of giving the players lots of interesting situations to play through. Any situation can be overcome with the proper amount of investigation and planning, but the difficulty can vary pretty widely. This makes the game feel a lot more "realistic."

i haven't read all the posts up to this, but against captain america in anything resembling a fair fight, there is no way Roy will beat him.

The only thing Roy can do, is charge up a gigantic lightning bolt, and hit him in the head (while passing out from lack of END and Stun).

Hey it's cheap, but it's worked before

Exactly. Zornwil does a great job of giving the players lots of interesting situations to play through. Any situation can be overcome with the proper amount of investigation and planning' date=' but the difficulty can vary pretty widely. This makes the game feel a lot more "realistic."[/quote']

Thanks, Lamrok and lemming. :)