Scorpia: Pageant Mom or Compete Physco?

SAW

Got a question for everybody. Let's say Scorpia has a adult child (around 21 or 22) who is better looking than she is. She gave this child up for adoption when she was about 13-14 and is about to find said child. What do you think her reaction should be:

1. "Of course she's prettier than me, I have improved on perfection."

or

2. "How dare that bitch challenge my good looks? She must die like all the rest!"

I'm kind of curious about how far over the edge everybody thinks she is.

SAW

Re: Scorpia: Pageant Mom or Compete Physco?

I think she would capture the child and make her be Ultrasonique's new mistress/slave [he's blind] for a few months to teach the child about power and control. And then when Fiacho started to take an interest in the girl Scorpia would kill her. But what do I know? :)

Got a question for everybody. Let's say Scorpia has a adult child (around 21 or 22) who is better looking than she is. She gave this child up for adoption when she was about 13-14 and is about to find said child. What do you think her reaction should be:

or

2. "How dare that bitch challenge my good looks? She must die like all the rest!"

SAW

I'm gonna go with answer 2 here... she's a psycho hosebeast. Then again, I had her executed by the U.S. government in my Champions 4th Ed campaign after she brutally murdered her 3rd federal agent (Foresight, from Allies).

Of course, Professor Muerte then cloned her, but that's another story...

I'm gonna go with answer 2 here... she's a psycho hosebeast. Then again, I had her executed by the U.S. government in my Champions 4th Ed campaign after she brutally murdered her 3rd federal agent (Foresight, from Allies).

Of course, Professor Muerte then cloned her, but that's another story...

Funny, you'd think Foresight would have seen that coming. :)

I think she would capture the child and make her be Ultrasonique's new mistress/slave [he's blind] for a few months to teach the child about power and control. And then when Fiacho started to take an interest in the girl Scorpia would kill her. But what do I know? :)

Humm...I would say that sounds about right.

Of course, you can run her more like a pagent mom if you wish.

If going for the pagent mom, I would still make her a total psycho. Of course, her daughter SHOULD have more than a few screws loose herself. And prehaps a superpower or two which would make it hard for Scorpia to out and out kill her (prehaps the bad profesor gave her the ability to heal from almost any wound).

Huummmm...I just had a delesously evil thought...what if the father was Profesor Murete himself? And what if she becomes the second Profesor Murete after mum disfiguers her face? Just a thought.

#2, obviously.

Scorpia is one of those people who should not be allowed to reproduce. Conquerors, Killers and Crooks has a very plausible Eurostar subplot where Mentalla has to keep draining Scorpia's EGO and Mind Controlling her into getting along just to make sure she won't kill or disfigure Mentalla. That should tell you all you need to know.

JG

Possibly Scorpia may be so impressed by the way the girl turned out as to track down the father, too... make one big happy family, the kind she didn't have when she was growing up ('that's the way they became The O'Brady Bunch' - or, if you like, a new and extremely Desperate Housewife). Of course, if the father is Shamrock, from the days before they got sucked into the Cause - and I can readily imagine a, shall we say, complicated relationship between these two - that could be fun in itself...

Scorpia is pleased as punch to have a little darling girl to love and hug and train and kill with. First she touts her off to everyone who'll care, then she shows her the ropes (or ropes of entrails), then gets her into "the business". After that, when the little darling starts killing just a little better, and is a little prettier, and is better liked...well, that's when it's time to bump Mama's Little Darling off.

In essence, a natural progression from #1 to #2 would probably be the way I'd go.

#2, obviously.

Scorpia is one of those people who should not be allowed to reproduce. Conquerors, Killers and Crooks has a very plausible Eurostar subplot where Mentalla has to keep draining Scorpia's EGO and Mind Controlling her into getting along just to make sure she won't kill or disfigure Mentalla. That should tell you all you need to know.

JG

Myself, I'm wondering if maybe Fiacho didn't install a 'cranial bomb' in both Scorpia and Feurmacher to ensure they don't get out of hand. The first time our lovely psycho colleen tries shiving Mentalla, her brains get blown into orbit.

or

SAW

this question is redundant--pagaent mom's ARE complete psychos....

that being said it depends on how 'redeemable' you want to make the character....

if she has a soul, she'll find a way to not disfigure/torture her child--if she's a total inhuman monster....

i have no personal opinion on this one....

Best Idea yet. Consider it stolen!

KP

Thank you. I am totaly pleased that an ideal of mine gets borrowed (since I don't have a Champions group to spring it on). Let me ask, are you going to let Profesor Murte 2 pretend to be Profesor Murte 1, or not? (Would it be fun for the heros to unmask who thay beleve to be a male supervillian, only to find a female?)

or

SAW

Personally, from rereading Scorpia, I think she would go into complete denial about the girl's looks. I would suspect that the girl had already been severely traumatized by the 13-14 years she spent living with Scorpia. Scorpia would probably have verbally abused the girl. The girl would probably not believe that she could possibly be more beautiful than her mother, after all her mother always said how sad it was that she would never be as pretty as mommy. I bet the girl would intentionally down player her looks.

I really don't see either option as being what she'd choose, though I'd definitely choose "mom" path over the "psycho" path. :D

If her outlook on life didn't change once she had her daughter, then my guess is she'd raise her daughter to be just like mommy. Even if her daughter is prettier, Scorpia would either use those looks to her advantage, or make sure the girl dressed homely. It may be that since she knows that Mentalla keeps knocking her around, her daughter's first true mission would be to eliminate Mentalla. (Maybe with Scorpia's help.)

That's what I'd do at least.

Thank you. I am totaly pleased that an ideal of mine gets borrowed (since I don't have a Champions group to spring it on). Let me ask' date=' are you going to let Profesor Murte 2 pretend to be Profesor Murte 1, or not? (Would it be fun for the heros to unmask who thay beleve to be a male supervillian, only to find a female?)[/quote']

A "Return of Professor Muerte" storyline would revolve around the resurgance of Terror, Inc. The climax of said storyline would be a confrontation with PM2, who would obviously be female. The connection with Scorpia would be a twist in a future storyline after the characters (and their players) become familiar with both Scorpia and Professor Muerte seperately.

Maybe a Terror, Inc / Eurostar war?

Maybe a Terror' date=' Inc / Eurostar war?[/quote']

Well, the way the original Bad Profesor bought the farm suports that ideal, especaly if her father and/or Doctor Destroyer was the one who trained her. (The Bad Doctor dosen't feal bad for his star puple's demise, but can easly see helping set up a new Terror, Incorprated as a means to strike down a rival, and get his revenge agenst Metalla...and if Scorpia and Furimancer only think it is about THEM, so much the beter.)