Xmen Campaign

tiger

Final version of Nightcrawler ( I think )

Nightcrawler

Player:

Val Char Cost
12 STR 2
17 DEX 21
14 CON 8
12 BODY 4
10 INT 0
10 EGO 0
10 PRE 0
10 COM 0
5/15 PD 3
5/15 ED 2
4 SPD 13
5 REC 0
40 END 6
38 STUN 13
8" RUN42" SWIM07" LEAP5Characteristics Cost: 81

Cost Power END
5 Tail: Extra Limbs
14 Strong Toes: Clinging (22 STR)
40 Telportation: Multipower, 40-point reserve
4m 1) Teleprot I: Teleportation 10", Position Shift, x16 Noncombat (40 Active Points); Can Only Teleport To Fixed Locations Fixed Locations (-1) 4
3u 2) Blind Teleport: Teleportation 9", x4 Increased Mass, Safe Blind Teleport (+1/4) (35 Active Points); Side Effects (If he fails a Con roll after Blind Teleprot. If he passesd he's stunned, fails he's at 0 stun -1/4) 3
4m 3) Teleport II: Teleportation 10", Position Shift, x2 Increased Mass, x8 Noncombat, Side Effects (If he fails a Con roll after Blind Teleprot. If he passesd he's stunned, fails he's at 0 stun, Passenger is stunned +0) (40 Active Points); Can Only Teleport To Fixed Locations Fixed Locations (-1) 4
2 Fixed Locatations, Xaviers, School,: Teleportation: Fixed Location (2 Locations)
3 Know Home: Teleportation: Floating Fixed Location (1 Locations) (5 Active Points); At Xaviars estate only (-3/4)
22 Hide in Shadows: Invisibility to Sight Group, No Fringe, Reduced Endurance 0 END (+1/2), Persistent (+1/2) (60 Active Points); Shadows only (-1), Chameleon (-1/2), Doesn't affect infrared perception (-1/4)
5 Good Eyes: Ultraviolet Perception
5 Mental Conditioning: +5 Mental Defense (7 points total)
21 Nightcrawler costume: Armor (10 PD/10 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (37 Active Points); OIF (Padded Suit; -1/2), Real Armor (-1/4)
Powers Cost: 128

Cost Skill
3 Acrobatics 12-
4 Language: German - Native (completely fluent; literate)
3 Contortionist 12-
Skills Cost: 10

Cost Talent
4 Double Jointed
Talents Cost: 4

Total Character Cost: 223

Val Disadvantages
15 Physical Limitation: Mutant (All the Time; Slightly Impairing)
20 Hunted: Hunted Mutant haters 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
20 Distinctive Features: Blue skin, yellow eyes, blue barbed tail (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
10 Psychological Limitation: Flambouant (Common; Moderate)
10 Psychological Limitation: worried about his looks & how people react (Common; Moderate)

Disadvantage Points: 75

Base Points: 150

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

First run a Cyclops. I like how he turned out. He is a bit low powered to some, but the idea is that they are teenages still growing. His total uncontrolled blast is 13 1/2 d6 Killing Beam

Cyclops

Player:

Val Char Cost
12 STR 2
15 DEX 15
12 CON 4
10 BODY 0
12 INT 2
10 EGO 0
10 PRE 0
10 COM 0
4/14 PD 2
4/14 ED 2
4 SPD 15
6 REC 4
35 END 6
35 STUN 13
8" RUN42" SWIM07" LEAP5Characteristics Cost: 74

Cost Power END
80 Optic Blast: Multipower, 120-point reserve, all slots: (120 Active Points); Must be kept behind ruby quarts or shut eyes or will fire at full force (-1/2)
4m 1) Normal Blast: Energy Blast 8d6 (vs. ED), Personal Immunity (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Must be behind Ruby Quarts or shut eyes (-1/2), Beam (-1/4) 5
6m 2) Normal Blast: Energy Blast 5d6 (vs. ED), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (7" Cone; +1) (56 Active Points); Must be behind Ruby Quarts or shut eyes (-1/2) 6
5m 3) Power Blast I: Killing Attack - Ranged 4d6 (vs. ED), Personal Immunity (+1/4) (75 Active Points); 8 Charges (-1/2), Must be behind Ruby Quarts or shut eyes (-1/2), Beam (-1/4)
7m 4) Power Blast II: Killing Attack - Ranged 2 1/2d6 (vs. ED), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (11" Cone; +1) (90 Active Points); 8 Charges (-1/2), Must be behind Ruby Quarts or shut eyes (-1/2), Beam (-1/4)
34 Uncontrolled Optic Power: Increase Points to Killing Blast , 5 1/2D6 added to Kill Blast Slot 1. Slot becomes an Ultra (+0), Personal Immunity (+1/4) (120 Active Points); Only Happens when Visor is removed and his eyes are opend (-2), Linked to Power Blast II (-1/4), Beam (-1/4) 12
25 Padded Cyclops Costume: Armor (10 PD/10 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (37 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
Powers Cost: 161

Cost Skill
3 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, X-men Jet
3 Teamwork 12-
3 Tactics 11-
Skills Cost: 9

Cost Perk
1 Fringe Benefit: Pilots License
Perks Cost: 1

Total Character Cost: 245

Val Disadvantages
20 Hunted: Hunted Mutant haters 8- (Mo Pow; Harshly Punish; Extensive Non-Combat Influence)
15 Distinctive Features: Always wears Ruby Quartz Eye Coverings (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Team Membes (Common; Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Take job as team/student leader seriously (Very Common; Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Likes Jean (Common; Strong)

Disadvantage Points: 95

Actually, I'd drop Iceman's DEX to 12 and raise Collosus's DEX to 14. Bobby's not especially dextrous, and Collosus is always remarked on that "he's faster than he looks."

Kurt would be a good canditate for an 18 to 20.

I also see no reason to chose numbers like 13 and 17 and give up round offs in a low point game.

Originally posted by Pattern Ghost

Beam limit on Cyclops? You're joking, right? His whole schtick is bouncing around his EB. Should change that to Gestures (he has to manipulate his visor to fire) instead.

Only in the movie. Never does in the comic. Not sure which version I'm gonna go with but I was debating the issue.

Actually his schtick is blasting the heck out of things. He can bounce his blast but not always. I hadn't decide rather to add in a bounce able or do away with the beam.

Also, on Cyke, why the huge MP with a bunch of Multi slots?

To give the effect of when his visor is removed. The blasts are set at a much lower level. He also has several to choose from

Cyclops

The early Cyclops had to manually manipulate his visor is order to fire and control the beam's intensity. They used this method in the movies. Later in the comics he added a controller in his glove because he kept getting entangled or grabbed.

The movie version of the visor is also OAF. It was too easy for Toad to get off him otherwise.

You get to decide which version you want to use.

I tend to think of him as more bouncy in the early years, and less killing attack-y. More killing attack-y recently, less bouncy.

Of course, I'd just give him a big EB and some skill levels so he could make the most out of spreading, bouncing, and sweeping with it, which would be way cheaper. But I'm lazy that way. :D

I was thinking of doing almost same thing you did, but build all the X-men on 250 points.

I like your builds but a few suggestions....

Nightcrawler-We used Indirect, linked to his Teleport and his Martial arts to simulate his Teleport-Fu from X-2. I would also give him maybe 20 Dex

Colossus - With that Growth isn't he going to way too tall? 4 meters is almost 13 feet tall.

Iceman looks pretty good.

Cyclops - He was tough for us also. I wouldn't make his uncontrolled blasts Killing Attacks. Been along time but didn't his visor focus his beams-thus they were stronger thru the visor and weaker without it? I know the movie didn't seem that way but I thought that was the way it was in the books.

Otherwise keep em coming :)

P.S. Good Luck on Rogue - She is almost impossible to make, much less for a low power level game. You might consider her being a npc as well-unless you found some way other than the horribly expensive VPP "Mimic pool" way of making her-in which case you better be sharing :) .

OK

Updated Cyclops. I removed the beam and added gestures. I also added the KS Pilot. I had already gave him a license so I figured he should have the knwoledge as well. I think this is the final version I'll use. Not for sure of course :D

Cyclops

Player:

Val Char Cost
12 STR 2
15 DEX 15
12 CON 4
10 BODY 0
13 INT 3
10 EGO 0
10 PRE 0
10 COM 0
4/14 PD 2
4/14 ED 2
4 SPD 15
6 REC 4
35 END 6
35 STUN 13
8" RUN42" SWIM07" LEAP5Characteristics Cost: 75

Cost Power END
68 Optic Blast: Multipower, 120-point reserve, all slots: (120 Active Points); Must be kept behind ruby quarts or shut eyes or will fire at full force (-1/2), Gestures - Dialing visor (-1/4)
4m 1) Normal Blast: Energy Blast 8d6 (vs. ED), Personal Immunity (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Must be behind Ruby Quarts or shut eyes (-1/2), Gestures - Dialing visor (-1/4) 5
5m 2) Normal Blast: Energy Blast 5d6 (vs. ED), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (7" Cone; +1) (56 Active Points); Must be behind Ruby Quarts or shut eyes (-1/2), Gestures - Dialing visor (-1/4) 6
5m 3) Power Blast I : Killing Attack - Ranged 4d6 (vs. ED), Personal Immunity (+1/4) (75 Active Points); 8 Charges (-1/2), Must be behind Ruby Quarts or shut eyes (-1/2), Gestures - Dialing visor (-1/4)
6m 4) Power Blast II: Killing Attack - Ranged 2 1/2d6 (vs. ED), Personal Immunity (+1/4), Area Of Effect (11" Cone; +1) (90 Active Points); 8 Charges (-1/2), Must be behind Ruby Quarts or shut eyes (-1/2), Beam (-1/4), Gestures - Dialing visor (-1/4)
34 Uncontrolled Optic Power: Increase Points to Killing Blast , 5 1/2D6 added to Kill Blast Slot 1. Slot becomes an Ultra (+0), Personal Immunity (+1/4) (120 Active Points); Only Happens when Visor is removed and his eyes are opend (-2), Linked to Power Blast II (-1/4), Beam (-1/4) 12
25 Padded Cyclops Costume: Armor (10 PD/10 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (37 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
Powers Cost: 147

Cost Skill
3 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, X-men Jet
3 Teamwork 12-
3 Tactics 12-
3 KS: Pilot (INT-based) 12-
Skills Cost: 12

Cost Perk
1 Fringe Benefit: Pilots License
Perks Cost: 1

Total Character Cost: 235

Val Disadvantages
15 Distinctive Features: Always wears Ruby Quartz Eye Coverings (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)
15 Psychological Limitation: Protective of Team Membes (Common; Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: Take job as team/student leader seriously (Very Common; Moderate)
15 Psychological Limitation: Likes Jean (Common; Strong)

Disadvantage Points: 95

Updated Clolossus

Colossus

Player:

Val Char Cost
20/40 STR 5
13 DEX 9
15 CON 10
14/16 BODY 8
10 INT 0
10 EGO 0
15 PRE 5
10 COM 0
8/25 PD 1
8/25 ED 1
3 SPD 7
6 REC 0
40 END 5
60/62 STUN 30
8" RUN42" SWIM09"/13" LEAP5Characteristics Cost: 90

Cost Power END
0 Organic Steel Powers:
8 Big & Bad: Growth (+10 STR, +2 BODY, +2 STUN, -2" KB, +0 DCV, +0 PER Rolls to perceive character, 2 m tall, 1 m wide, 5 kg mass) (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 1
8 Heavy Man: Density Increase (500 kg mass, +10 STR, +2 PD/ED, -2" KB) (10 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 1
36 Organic Steel: Armor (15 PD/15 ED) (45 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
3 Organic Skin: +4 PD (4 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
4 Organic Skin: +4 ED, Hardened (+1/4) (5 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
10 Organic Skin: Damage Resistance (10 PD/10 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (12 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
3 Organic Muscle: +5 STR (5 Active Points); No Figured Characteristics (-1/2), Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4) 1
10 Heavy Man: Knockback Resistance -5"
14 Organic Steel Body: Life Support , Safe in High Pressure, Safe in High Radiation, Safe in Intense Cold, Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum, Self-Contained Breathing (17 Active Points); Only In Heroic Identity (-1/4)
Powers Cost: 101

Cost Martial Arts Maneuver
4 Crush: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, STR +4d6 Crush, Must Follow Grab
3 Flying Tackle: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, -1 DCV, STR +v/5 Strike; You Fall, Target Falls; FMove
3 Takedown: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +1 DCV, STR Strike; Target Falls
Martial Arts Cost: 10

Cost Skill
0 Langauge: Russian (Natvie) Complete Fluent: Literate
4 Language: English (completely fluent; literate)
3 KS: Art (INT-based) 11-
Skills Cost: 7

Cost Perk
2 Grren Card
Perks Cost: 2

Total Character Cost: 210

Val Disadvantages
15 Psychological Limitation: Questions worth to the team (Very Common; Moderate)
10 Psychological Limitation: Protective of innocents (Common; Moderate)

Disadvantage Points: 60

Here's the way Dazzler worked out for the camapign

Dazzler

Player:

Val Char Cost
10 STR 0
14 DEX 12
12 CON 4
10 BODY 0
12 INT 2
10 EGO 0
10 PRE 0
12 COM 1
3/13 PD 1
3/13 ED 1
4 SPD 16
4 REC 0
25 END 1
34 STUN 13
8" RUN42" SWIM07" LEAP5Characteristics Cost: 60

Cost Power END
40 Light Emission Powers: Multipower, 50-point reserve, all slots: (50 Active Points); Use End Reserve Only (-1/4)
5m 1) Light Burst: Energy Blast 8d6 (vs. ED) (40 Active Points); Use End Reserve Only (-1/4) (uses END Reserve) 4
2u 2) Power Light Burst: Energy Blast 5d6 (vs. ED), Armor Piercing x1 (+1/2) (37 Active Points); Concentration 1/2 DCV (-1/4), Use End Reserve Only (-1/4) (uses END Reserve) 4
3u 3) Flash 8d6 (Sight Group) (40 Active Points); Use End Reserve Only (-1/4) (uses END Reserve) 4
1u 4) Light shapes: Sight Group Images, +/-2 to PER Roll, Increases Size (16" radius; +1) (32 Active Points); Simple light shapes only (-1), Use End Reserve Only (-1/4) (uses END Reserve) 3
6 Endurance Reserve (35 END, 3 REC) Reserve: (7 Active Points); Reserve drops by 5 for every hour in a noiseless enviroment (-1/4)
3 Powered Up By Sound I: +10 to End Reserve Recovery (5 Active Points); Only in a noisy enviroment (battles, normal big city noise) (-1/2) (uses Personal END) 1
5 Powered Up By Sound II: +20 to End Reserve Recovery (10 Active Points); Only in very noisy enviroments (Heavy battles, Concerts) (-1) (uses Personal END) 1
12 Powered up by sound: Absorption 5d6 (Energy) (25 Active Points); Sound attacks only (-1)
24 Resistant to sound attacks: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Sounds attacks only (-1 1/2)
24 Resistant to sound attacks: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 75% (60 Active Points); Sounds attacks only (-1 1/2)
25 Dazzler padded suit: Armor (10 PD/10 ED), Hardened (+1/4) (37 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)
Powers Cost: 155

Cost Skill
2 KS: Singing 11-
Skills Cost: 2

Cost Talent
3 Perfect Pitch
Talents Cost: 3

Total Character Cost: 220

Val Disadvantages
20 Psychological Limitation: Enjoys using her powers (Very Common; Strong)
15 Psychological Limitation: always wants to do the "Right Thing" (Very Common; Moderate)

Disadvantage Points: 70

Originally posted by 5 Sided D6

P.S. Good Luck on Rogue - She is almost impossible to make, much less for a low power level game. You might consider her being a npc as well-unless you found some way other than the horribly expensive VPP "Mimic pool" way of making her-in which case you better be sharing :) .

I've been thinking about Rogue lately. I think the way to go would be to make a lot of her stuff incremental, rather than taking effect immediately. This would tend to reflect the movies, rather than the comics. She also wouldn't start with the Carol Danvers stuff.

I'm still not quite sure how to handle her, though. She would have to be built on more points than most other characters she hangs around with, even if you lame her down a lot.

Of course, I don't attempt to build exact equivalents of characters for my game. I always tweak them and rename them before I use them. Getting a decent Rogue equivalent is still something I am working on, but the fact that most mutants in my game are fairly low powered helps.

Alan

Yeah you can definetly build her-its just that she comes out soooo expensive. Even without Ms. Marvel's flight, Super Str and Armor, that Mimic pool ends up costing huge amounts to be even close.

Hermit The Pool and Transfer is a good idea but again-really expensive.

As a Gm I was thinking about maybe Transform, Self only, only to have same powers as Target(Yes I know its against the rules- I mean allow this to simulate the power). With the standard effect rule this would work really well and get dependable results-but would probably be wayyy to powerful for the points.

Other option - Vpp for Multi-form, only to forms touched, only to add targets powers, everything else in form stays same.

Well I'm not sure if it's legal or not but I was thinking of buying her a multiform.

The limitations would be that she has to touch a subject, duration, only to the level of the subject, no control, will change with any skin-skin touch etc.

The give her a custom advantage that the multiform is changeable. (+1/2 or 3/4).

The link a stun on EB to the form to reflect what it does to a person. Also link a drain or surpression of powers. She'll be expensive regardless.

I was also going to go with the Evolution/movie concept where she doesn't have MS. Marvels powers.

Still haven't figured out if her powers would grow or not. I mean I gave Colossus about what his final PD/ED will be because I don't figure his skinn will get harder as he gets older. I mean it might a little bit but not huge amounts.

So the same goes for rogue, will her drain get more powerful or is it at full power when it manifests.

Still working on things :)

On Cyclops, I seem to recall building all his eyebeams into one MPower, with the 'default' being a cone AoE 0 END Persistent Always On/OIF. Yes, Toad did the whole Goggles thing, and it's been done otherwise, but it's mostly a story thing -- it doesn't usually happen In Combat, because hey, he's using it, and looking into the guy's eyes is going to give you one hell of a headache, right? Heh.

Otherwise, Cyclops can (not necessarily does yet) have a hell of a lot of control over his optic blast, enough to smack a hole through the middle of a flipped quarter. Oh yeah, and remember -- he has Personal Immunity to it.

For X-Men campaigns with 'everyone', you might take a gander to the various 'Ultimates' series Marvel's been putting out -- going back to the beginning, sort of sliding a lot of the early stuff together. Spider-Man, X-Men, and Avengers are the ones I'm aware of; I'm sure there's others. The line I like best from those is one in regards to Iron Man and Wolverine...

Iron Man is flying at about rooftop/warehouse-top level, carrying one of the X-Men. Over the headset:

Fury: "Iron Man! Get some altitude! Get some altitude!!"

Iron Man: "What for? There's nothing on the radar."

Fury: "You idiot, we designed him to be INVISIBLE to radar!!"

(Wolverine leaps from a warehouse and onto Iron Man, claws popped and starting to rake.)

Iron Man: "YOU IDIOT! GET OFF ME! You know how much this stuff COSTS?!"

Wolverine: "Ahhh, shaddap, Stark, you can afford it..." *rake rake rake*

The stories are slightly different, very interesting, and backgrounds are given just the most compelling twist...

I'm not overly familar with the Ultimate series and I know my friends aren't for a fact.

I liked the concept of everyone being teenagers. I informed everyone they would be 14-18 their choice. Figured I could add in highschool fun along with the reset.

Besides gives me another excuse to run School Holidays :D

Consider adding in support characters. I know Cyclops and the rest were trained in martial arts but I never got the feeling that Professor X was the tutor. Who was training them in all that paramilitary stuff? Maybe some old soldier from the Howling Commandos?...

Well as of now Prof X, Beast & Wolverine are the support/teachers.

Wolvie can easily be the martial arts instructor. I will also be adding in other Xmen NPC's as well as my own NPCs.

I'll be using both Marvel characters, DOJ/Hero characters and my own.

I've debated adding in Banshee & Emma Frost to the teachers list and then add Siren to the Character list.

Still have a few write ups to do. Waiting to do Rogue till I ket th USPD. Only problem is my FLAG can't seem to get one ordered.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick nit pick note on this Peter's art skill should probably be PS: Painting. Knowledge Skill would be more appropriate for Art History.

He would also have Farming as a skill as well again depending on the intent PS is more appropriate to be a farmer. KS is more appropriate for knowledge of techniques.

The older version would also have some mechanic skill as he is seen in several comics working on the Blackbird. Also look to adding some light combat moves to him as he gains experience.

-Edit-

Also forgot in armoured form Peter's weight is listed as about 500Lbs. Density increase makes him to heavy. Of course since this is your version that should be just fine I would think. I personally would have guessed his weight heigher as well.

Kid Chaos