• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

Well' date=' there are scaled mammals, there are mammals with no cheek teeth (though apparently all mammals have them at some stage in life), there are nearly hairless mammals, and there are egg-laying mammals, so what is "reptilian" supposed to mean? If cold-blooded, how does one distinguish them from fish, or amphibians?[/quote']

You lost me. What's that got to do with the predator?

When I was a young man ther was no such thing as too many boobs. Now I'm older and wiser and realize you can so have too much of a good thing. More than two is too many' date=' more than a handful is appreciated but not necessary.[/quote']

Speak fer yourself, buddy! ;)

More triple breasted Eroticon VI whores for me then, I guess

:D

Are we sure it's a representation of a female? With all of the exposure' date=' it could be to keep the testes cool.[/quote']

That would be a twist. Predator 3: The Crying game

I didn't get that either. It seemed like he was saying there was no way Preds could have breasts because they are reptiles before*?

*along with the infantile Perverts line which I'm going to assume was tongue in cheek.

Convergent evolution predicts that for cases where an organism fills the same niche and has similar gross features, analogous structures frequently develop.

True bats and flying foxes both have wings, sonar, poor night vision and almost identical (in appearance) reproductive systems, although they are not closely related species.

OTOH, flying fish look nothing like flying foxes.

A convergent evolutionary process could be attributed to this situation, and satisfies all xenozoological niceties.

Given that we're already talking about a genre where there's faster-than-light travel.

I was beating to death a logical exclusion argument. I was going purely off the "reptilian" adjective I saw used somewhere upthread. So I reeled off some reptilian characteristics. Some of those appear in some mammals, so none of those work securely. But absolutely no reptile has mammaries. So it seems like the set-theory statement I made ought to be bulletproof.

I suppose I should content myself that at least it's the same phylum. I'll go screaming nonlinear when someone puts boobies on an octopus, spider, or sea urchin.

I suppose I should content myself that at least it's the same phylum. I'll go screaming nonlinear when someone puts boobies on an octopus' date=' spider, or sea urchin.[/quote']

You're new to hentai, aren't you?

:D:D:D

True bats and flying foxes both have wings' date=' sonar, poor night vision and almost identical (in appearance) reproductive systems, although they are not closely related species.[/quote']

Only one genus of megabats have echolocation

Night vision varies considerably between species, though Megabats have better vision overall. At least one species of microbats can see UV light though.

No comments on reproductive systems for fear of it invoking busty anthro bat-girl images being posted ;)

I was beating to death a logical exclusion argument. I was going purely off the "reptilian" adjective I saw used somewhere upthread. So I reeled off some reptilian characteristics. Some of those appear in some mammals, so none of those work securely. But absolutely no reptile has mammaries. So it seems like the set-theory statement I made ought to be bulletproof.

I suppose I should content myself that at least it's the same phylum. I'll go screaming nonlinear when someone puts boobies on an octopus, spider, or sea urchin.

Gotcha. My point was of the "biologically we have more in common with trees than we will with aliens" variety, so a human-with-funny-head alien is itself more absurd than a reptile with boobs. But of course predators (and pop culture aliens in general) have never been about plausibility. It's all driven by "whoa, cool!" and is there anything in the universe, anywhere, that doesn't look cool rendered as a hot warrior chick?

My kids play some of the Sonic games' date=' so that monstrosity has long been inflicted upon me.[/quote']

This probably explains a lot of strange things I saw when I did a stint in furry fandom. And I'm glad I still don't understand them.

Gotcha. My point was of the "biologically we have more in common with trees than we will with aliens" variety, so a human-with-funny-head alien is itself more absurd than a reptile with boobs. But of course predators (and pop culture aliens in general) have never been about plausibility. It's all driven by "whoa, cool!" and is there anything in the universe, anywhere, that doesn't look cool rendered as a hot warrior chick?

Two hot warrior chicks.

I suppose I should content myself that at least it's the same phylum. I'll go screaming nonlinear when someone puts boobies on an octopus' date=' spider, or sea urchin.[/quote']

Should I post that infamous French animated Orangina commercial? Transexual peacocks and female octopi with breasts, anyone?