The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

This still qualifies as happy.

I got my computer bits yesterday.

Went together very nicely. Now all I have to do is go pick up a floppy drive, since SATA drives aren't recognized by XP without the extra driver. And you have to either burn a hacked install CD or use a floppy drive.

I like the Antec Sonata II case. Very quiet and sleek looking. Only annoyance was fussing with the air duct they have in there. Like the HD configuration and all the parts for mounting are with it.

On a day that I felt Cranky (see thread of that name) something to feel all snugly and warm.

Went shopping in a supermarket called Tescos. Got Coke in its Christmas bottling which I had not seen before. Also an interview with Gillian Anderson in the Evening Standard magazine. Nice picture on front with her smiling.

Happy Tribble.

On a day that I felt Cranky (see thread of that name) something to feel all snugly and warm.

Went shopping in a supermarket called Tescos. Got Coke in its Christmas bottling which I had not seen before. Also an interview with Gillian Anderson in the Evening Standard magazine. Nice picture on front with her smiling.

Happy Tribble.

Not to mention you apparently got a chuckle from my cd collection. ;)

I ordered two things week beginning the 9th through the post. One is the Champions 25 special. The other was Mylene Farmer Avant Que L'Ombre on DVD and CD. That latter turned up last night. And I have started to watch it. The first costume is quite eye catching.

The DVD and CD come in special edition boxes which is nice and makes the collection all the more unique.

Our heater started making this awful screechy noise over the weekend. But then Josh and I found out that the useless baseboard heaters weren't useless, after all; they just each have separate controls that need to be turned on manually. So we have a backup heating system that's been keeping our apartment nice and toasty.

Also, I've been losing a pound a week for some time. It's not much, but it IS weight loss, and without having to starve myself. It's good to know the small lifestyle changes I've been integrating into my diet have added up.

I cant wait to see you at DragonCon!!

I gained a bit over the holidays, but my blood sugar is decent, and my blood pressure is great. The folks at medic keep calling me in because my platlets are very high in iron and other stuff they need.

Its nice to help out a little bit.

Funny they did tell me that they can no longer extend my blood coverage. I am covered until 2100. Thats right If I live to be 140 years old, ill still be covered by medic.

I guess I need to start donating for other folks

(actully I do, I get two donations per visit, so I can cover two friends.)

yay!

I have to say I'm considering it. My pension/401k is about a year's salary. I could concievably find something better. Within or outside of the industry...But there is the fear.

Would you take another job with another bank?

Y'know, speaking of banks . . .

Josh's and my bank has overturned several overdraft charges for us, just because we asked them to. They transferred our checking over to an interest-bearing checking when they added that feature to their system, and they keep us apprised of odd activity on our account. When we were about to start bouncing payments this week, Josh went in to talk to them, and got everything straightened out with a single stop payment, as advised by the nice woman who usually deals with us.

They have several branches in the state, but, by today's standards, they're a small bank. I very much prefer them to a big bank conglomerate. ^ v ^

They're called Capital Bank of North Carolina, by the way.

Y'know, speaking of banks . . .

Josh's and my bank has overturned several overdraft charges for us, just because we asked them to. They transferred our checking over to an interest-bearing checking when they added that feature to their system, and they keep us apprised of odd activity on our account. When we were about to start bouncing payments this week, Josh went in to talk to them, and got everything straightened out with a single stop payment, as advised by the nice woman who usually deals with us.

They have several branches in the state, but, by today's standards, they're a small bank. I very much prefer them to a big bank conglomerate. ^ v ^

They're called Capital Bank of North Carolina, by the way.

Sad to say it, but I would too. My bank was a relatively small outfit when I joined in 1996. Now, we're big. We have funny commercials, and some nice accounts, but it turns out that many of the banking things are less flexible.

Sad to say it' date=' but I would too. My bank was a relatively small outfit when I joined in 1996. Now, we're big. We have funny commercials, and some nice accounts, but it turns out that many of the banking things are less flexible.[/quote']

Yeah, our bank has a lot more time to speak with us face-to-face, and a lot more room for flexibility. Despite that, though, they offer some really valuable services and are up on all the latest banking technology.

So whenever I hear someone local complaining about their bank, I ask them why they haven't switched banks to mine.

I'm amazed how long people will keep their money with a bank that continually screws them over.

Yeah, our bank has a lot more time to speak with us face-to-face, and a lot more room for flexibility. Despite that, though, they offer some really valuable services and are up on all the latest banking technology.

So whenever I hear someone local complaining about their bank, I ask them why they haven't switched banks to mine.

I'm amazed how long people will keep their money with a bank that continually screws them over.

*cough* USBANK *cough*

They amaze me.

Well, they went from overdraft fees which only go through once to the type that charge you once a day so long as the balance is negative, and they hiked the per-day ones from $5 to $35.

They have the right to do that, because it's in the manual (which is why people need to RTFM when they open a bank account), but is it right? I don't think so.

Well, they went from overdraft fees which only go through once to the type that charge you once a day so long as the balance is negative, and they hiked the per-day ones from $5 to $35.

They have the right to do that, because it's in the manual (which is why people need to RTFM when they open a bank account), but is it right? I don't think so.

So they charge you 35$ a day your account is OD? That's not right.

We've gone to a tier of sorts. Starting Feb, if you OD your account the charge is 27$ per Item (in my region) for the first 4, then the rest of the year, it's 35$ and Item.

But no daily charge.

Annual physical exam this morning, which includes blood draw for a fasting lipids test. And the digital rectal exam for the prostate.

Amen, that's all over. I'm fine, I've had my breakfast and I feel much better now.