The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

Not so much "nice happy" as "not smelly..."

Well, I could sponge-bathe myself. I had to make sure my exit site from the surgery didn't get wet for fear of infection ... but it's healed up, and while I do have to take some precautions regarding getting water in the tubing ... it just felt SOOOOO good to take an honest-to-Inari shower.

Last night, at this business conference, we were taken out to eat -- that's good -- with a bunch of people we didn't know -- less good -- one of which was a devote follower of Ayn Rand -- yeah. I was very politic and said that, as a student of philosophy, Ayn Rand's views were, like most philosophies, valid when observed in a vacuum -- then I faked a phone call and finally got back to my room at midnight with a 7 am meeting today.

The good part: My boss and I just had burgers so that he can go hide in his room -- so I can hide in my room and finally relax.

And I go home tomorrow to my girl, my dog, and the new air conditioner that was installed today.

Last night, at this business conference, we were taken out to eat -- that's good -- with a bunch of people we didn't know -- less good -- one of which was a devote follower of Ayn Rand -- yeah. I was very politic and said that, as a student of philosophy, Ayn Rand's views were, like most philosophies, valid when observed in a vacuum -- then I faked a phone call and finally got back to my room at midnight with a 7 am meeting today.

The good part: My boss and I just had burgers so that he can go hide in his room -- so I can hide in my room and finally relax.

And I go home tomorrow to my girl, my dog, and the new air conditioner that was installed today.

"Hello, I'm a devote follower of a woman who wrote love-letters to sociopathic mass-murderers."

"Hello' date=' I'm a devote follower of a woman who wrote love-letters to sociopathic mass-murderers."[/quote']

This guy was looking for a political argument so he could show off his Ayn Rand knowledge. So I pulled a fast one and started reviewing my list of favorite recipes and everyone ignored him and started writing down the things I cook and discussed food instead. He was less than pleased and the rest were grateful :D

Last night' date=' at this business conference, we were taken out to eat -- that's good -- with a bunch of people we didn't know -- less good -- one of which was a devote follower of Ayn Rand -- yeah. I was very politic and said that, as a student of philosophy, Ayn Rand's views were, like most philosophies, valid when observed in a vacuum -- then I faked a phone call and finally got back to my room at midnight with a 7 am meeting today.[/quote']

Congratulations on your immense restraint. I would have said that objectivism was valid when observed after spending about thirty seconds in a vacuum...

Congratulations on your immense restraint. I would have said that objectivism was valid when observed after spending about thirty seconds in a vacuum...

I try to never embarrass my boss and the poor Finnish guy stuck next to John Gault needed a hero.

This guy was looking for a political argument so he could show off his Ayn Rand knowledge. So I pulled a fast one and started reviewing my list of favorite recipes and everyone ignored him and started writing down the things I cook and discussed food instead. He was less than pleased and the rest were grateful :D

Cool. :)

You too?

Yes, but I wear PANTS, so I'm obviously superior to you! :P:D

The proceeding statement is sarcasm. No oppression is meant without being carried out. No curry is meat without being carved out. Void where not prohibited. Do not use for the other use. Tonsils gingivitis. Use only as directed by a crackpot or quack. May cause cancer, thyroid problems, sudden and inevitable death. being beaten with a chair and halitosis. You have all the rights that you deserve; sorry, you're all wrong. Do not use for this use. Positive thinking is electric. Do not perform experiments on the Happy Fun Ball. Not usable by anyone up to or taller than five feet. Shotguns are an essential part of a balanced breakfast. Ladies and Gentlemen, I regret to inform you you are officially endangered. Do not place on head. Do not place on feat. Do not place on hands. Do not place on body. Do not place off body. Do not throw through portal. Not for ingestion, digestion or injection. Beware of carnivorous trains. If at any time you display symptoms, painful lacerations may result. Beware of Teddy Bears, squirrels and toenails. Warning: Badgers make wonderful pets.

"Dear Pol Pot,

I hope this letter finds you under house arrest..."

... I don't know how to say this' date=' but ... Pol Pot has passed on, man ...[/quote']

"Dear Pol Pot,

I hope this letter finds you under house arrest in Hell..."

Last night Chelsea beat Bayern Munich to win the Champions League. After full time and extra time it was 1-1. Chelsea won 4-3 on penalties. Bayern were the favourites and were playing in their home stadium. Chelsea have had a poor season finishing 6th in the league instead of 2nd and sacked their manager earlier in the year. In order to be in the competition next season they needed to win. About thirty years ago Aston Villa did something similar. They also had a poor overall season and sacked their manager but they won the Champions League as it was then.

What is even more cheering is it is London's first win in the competition ever. And on a day that the Queen was celebrating the Jubilee.