The "Nice Happy" Thread

Hermit

Re: The "Nice Happy" Thread

In other news, my Mom will be visiting us in Seattle (from AZ) this weekend. Haven't spent time with her since we moved from Phoenix, 3 years ago. She may be dragging her sister along, whom we haven't seen in... longer. A lot longer. On top of which, yay time off. :)

I have just been told that once more I am my own payee for Social Security Disability (SSDI) payments, which supplement my wages and were what I was getting before starting to work. I am now fully responsible for ALL my bills, but I also get payments directly sent to me on time and no longer have to pay a monthly fee to the Representative Payee firm. And I should be getting the money the payee had been saving for me back in a month or so (they have to return it to the government, which sends it along to me in a process that takes about a month).

The last time a British player won a Grand Slam tourament in Tennis was in 1977 the Queen's Silver Jubilee Year. Now in the Diamond Jubilee Year a British player wins a Grand Slam Tournament. Congratulations to Andy Murray.

Add to that Great Britain's performance in the Olympics and Paralympics, you guys had a great year. Congratulations! :thumbup:

7989630374_3ec8bdac21.jpg Cathy

Just got back from the vet, and Cathy has tested negative for FeLV & FIV, which means we can have her meet our other cats with no issue. And she's becoming much more social already, so I think she'll be able to be adopted out with no problem.

Beautiful cat, have never seen a "tri-color siamese" like that.

Not only am I officially my own payee with Social Security but I was astonished to find the payee I'm leaving had sent me all the money they'd held back for whatever they were holding it back for.

I used it to pay the power bill and have a decent amount left over. But hey -- power bill's paid!