Pre 5th Edition packages

Kirby

Does anyone know what pre-FREd books had the soldier and government agent packages?

I know there were soldier, ranger, special forces, SEALs, etc for soldiers, as well as FBI, Secret Service, etc. for the government but I can't find them in my older Dark Champions books. Were they printed in the books, or just in the old Heromakr software? :cry:

Page numbers would be extra-helpful, but I'll settle for the books.

Re: Pre 5th Edition packages

Let's see here : pulling out 4E DC books :

Dark Champions

Justice, Not Law

Murderer's Row

Hudson City Blues

Shadows of the City

Dangit. :mad:

Thank you for the help. At least I know that it was in a book. Time to go to Half-Price Books in the neigbhoring city to see if they have a copy. :(

Glad I could be of assistance.

And good luck in your search. I know that when a buddy of mine tried to buy some Dark Champions books a few years back Eye for an Eye was by far the hardest to fine.

I don't know that that means anything, but it was our experience.

Does anyone know what pre-FREd books had the soldier and government agent packages?

I know there were soldier, ranger, special forces, SEALs, etc for soldiers, as well as FBI, Secret Service, etc. for the government but I can't find them in my older Dark Champions books. Were they printed in the books, or just in the old Heromakr software? :cry:

Page numbers would be extra-helpful, but I'll settle for the books.

While not DC related (exactly), you might want to give a look at "Danger

International". As I recall :think: there were various military and related

packages included. Unfortunately, I can't give a page number or other

details as my copy is in FL and I am currently in NJ.

-Carl-

While not DC related (exactly), you might want to give a look at "Danger

International". As I recall :think: there were various military and related

packages included. Unfortunately, I can't give a page number or other

details as my copy is in FL and I am currently in NJ.

-Carl-

Cool book, but if you go hunt down a copy and try to use any of the material in it just remember that this is not a 5th or 4th edition book, its a pre-4th edition book - ruleswise it's quite different from the present state of Hero. In particular, the way Package Deals were handled is very different.

There is a PDF edition of Eye For An Eye available in the Online Store' date=' as I recall. If you can't find paper at a reasonable price, that option is there.[/quote']

I may have to look into that; much cheaper than buying 5E Dark Champions just for the packages.

Cool book' date=' but if you go hunt down a copy and try to use any of the material in it just remember that this is not a 5th or 4th edition book, its a pre-4th edition book - ruleswise it's quite different from the present state of Hero. In particular, the way Package Deals were handled is very different.[/quote']

Unfortunately, I do not have Danger International. :( But I did use that title on the Heromakr printout of my one character (a pseudo-brick) who had Berserk. :eek:

There is a PDF edition of Eye For An Eye available in the Online Store' date=' as I recall. If you can't find paper at a reasonable price, that option is there.[/quote']

Are you sure? I checked yesterday under the e-books and under the "All" catagories, but could not find it. :(

Firestorm LTD also published a great book called "Here there be tigers" it included detailed rules for creating Spec Ops soldiers including some new uses for skills, detailed rules for parachuting, and detailed rules for skill degradation and re-training. It also included weapons and equipment info for a POW rescue scenario included in the book.....