Just Picked Up Champions Worldwide

zakueins

Re: Just Picked Up Champions Worldwide

I'm just about halfway through the book and overall I like it. I find most of the chracters are at least as fleshed as out as most of the comic book characters we see and while I am admittedly not a fan of the art, the overall content has been enough for me to give it a pass. However, I am seriously considering recruiting my brother's girlfriend to redo some of the pics for my own campaigns.

The things I like best about the book so far is that is a hero and villain book. My main gripe about 4e was that there was very little support concerning the other heroes in the CU. Even their Allies book had 2 villain groups in it! So, CWW seems to nicely balance the two, offering a good selection of supers, broad strokes on even more, and then a good selection of nefarious baddies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the HD set and have now broken all my villains into areas of interest, as they appeared in CWW. the US has it's own folder, then Candada, then those provided by CWW and a "Global Threat" to put yer DR Destroyers, Takofenas, Mentons, VIPER, DEMON, also (and I'm slipping further off topic here) I pared all my individual villains down. If they were a) not completed or B) had no background. It was cathartic.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, finally finished reading the darn book. I must say that the heroes on the most part seemed bland and uninteresting, the villains however seemed powerful and mostly threatening, though some either fell in the 'ehh' catagory or just seemed like a space filler. Probably my other biggest gripe is the artwork (and lack thereof on a few!).

Characters that stood out are Brigade (but it's probably Chad's fault), Taipan, and the Black Death (though probably more due to the potential Eurostar connection). I will probably end up comparing them, but for some reason, Li Chun the Destroyer seemed more impressive in Watchers of the Dragon than in Champions Worldwide. However, I must say I already have ideas for Taipan in one of my HeroCentral games. :eg:

Sadly, after reading the book, I wished I had purchased Hidden Lands instead.

Okay, finally finished reading the darn book. I must say that the heroes on the most part seemed bland and uninteresting, the villains however seemed powerful and mostly threatening, though some either fell in the 'ehh' catagory or just seemed like a space filler. Probably my other biggest gripe is the artwork (and lack thereof on a few!).

Characters that stood out are Brigade (but it's probably Chad's fault), Taipan, and the Black Death (though probably more due to the potential Eurostar connection). I will probably end up comparing them, but for some reason, Li Chun the Destroyer seemed more impressive in Watchers of the Dragon than in Champions Worldwide. However, I must say I already have ideas for Taipan in one of my HeroCentral games. :eg:

Sadly, after reading the book, I wished I had purchased Hidden Lands instead.

Hmmm...I greatly enjoyed both books myself. I thought a great many characters in CWW were useful. All depends on what you're looking for I suppose. But Maat fits into my current campaign perfectly. Hidden lands was decent, but there aren't that many character writeups in it...so you'd best be intrigued by the settings(Atlantis, Lemuria, and so forth).

Rob