Happy Thanksgiving!

Thia Halmades

It's been maybe a week and change since I originally opened up my 'Fixin' What's Broken" thread. In that time I've met a game designer, had extensive email conversations with Steve Long, bought over a half dozen books, and convinced six separate people that moving to HERO is the best option, rather than continually trying to fix d20.

I can honestly say that not only am I actually excited about a book again - my copy of FREd came today, along with Combat & a pair of grimoires - but I've genuinely enjoyed discussing the game, mechanics and my initial ideas. I wholly expect to have nothing but more interesting things to add once I've read through all the books.

All of you - Amadan na Briona, Killer Shrike (and his ten thousand pages of material), Steve, Susano, ghost-angel, i3ullseye, taxboy4, Alicetheowl, Beetle, mayapuppies (the first person who replied to me), Dale A. Ward - and I know I'm missing a bunch of folk - have really been fantastic in welcoming me to the community and getting my feet wet. So to all of you, and especially those I didn't specifically list here:

Thank you, and Happy Thanksgiving! :celebrate

Re: Happy Thanksgiving!

Thia, I am certain you will add new energy to the discussions going on around the boards, as well as starting up others. I have enjoyed reading your postings, and I look forward to seeing you branch out beyond the Fantasy Hero board to the other genres available. :thumbup:

And a Happy Thanksgiving to all of my fellow Heroes! :celebrate

This is the worst day of the year to be a turkey in America.

Actually, that was a couple of days ago. By now you would be floating aorund, playing a hard in Turkey heaven and having a grand old tiime, so you wouldn't care.

To get on topic somewhat -- humanoid turkeys for a fantasy world?

I await the brillience of your ideas with much bated breath, so don't keep me waiting or I'll feint...

ok seriously good luck with Hero, I'm a recent convertee from d20 myself and thus far I've found the comunity to be really good here, even if it isn't quite a huge as the one on the WoTC forums the posters are usually much smarter.