Who is your favourite Supervillain that can tackle the whole team?

TheQuestionMan

There is as the title says. In my Champions of Vancouver Campaign the HEROes have battle individual Supervillains (Ogre gave them a real challenge), but the fight they loved best was against MECHANON.

Please give me your TOP 5 (Any Edition):

1. FireWing (4th Edition, defeated by Surprise Attack, Autofire Punch, and very lucky dice)

2. Mechanon (5th Edition, Just cause my players fought him to a stand still and almost everyone was knocked below "0" STUN at least once.)

3. Thor (3rd Edition, a "MOVE THROUGH" at high speed by a brick and knocking my self out to -80 STUN and -12 Body--- OUCHIE!)

4. Doctor Destroyer - (Battle of Sanctuary, defeated but escaped. Damn the man)

5. Demon Lord ??? - (Cut to pieces finally by his own sword... only banished for a time.)

Who where your favorites and why?

Cheers

QM

Re: Who is your favourite Supervillain that can tackle the whole team?

Bulldozer, we beat the living crap out of him because he hit on Enforcer's "Sister"

:D

Most fun we had while I was Palying?

Firewing, leading a Malvan Invasion. GM was cruel. We were 700+ pt characters so he was beefed up a bit. He had a 13 spd. (4th ed, 12 actions and two on phase 7)

Most fun I've had GMing?

The Harvester, a home brewed cross between Marvel's Collector and the Grim Reaper. He summoned an Angel, A Demon, Godzilla, A Roc, a Vampire, and a Unicorn to battle the heroes. And they still managed to drive him off.

In our campaign I threw two Mechanon-knockoffs at our team MidGuard at the same time and they pounded both robots into scrap metal. So Mechanon is not on that list. :)

We've (barely) beaten a Gravitar-knockoff (I cleverly disguised her by calling her Graviton); althought the custom CE "-3 to DEX-rolls and all DEX-based Skills" from random gravitational fluctuations I added was tough to fight in; especially for our brick Silhouette who takes 2X effect from gravitational attacks. She compensated by tearing out a 20 ton blast door and using it as a two-hex club. :D

We'd almost certainly whip Firewing, probably fairly easily.

Doctor Destroyer would beat MidGuard without even breaking a sweat. Fortunately we don't game in the CU; we just import suitable supervillains and file the serial numbers off. :sneaky:

Ya gotta love Grond!

Pure and simple destruction. Cleverly utilized, I've thrashed my group with him on more than one occasion!

Sometimes a good monster beatdown is the most fun. I gotta go with Grond, too. Besides, Grond always gets the funniest reactions as the team bricks cheer and everyone else groans. :D

Golden Avenger and Primus, only not as straight-up villains.

They have a government mandate, and certain rules that they operate under.

Sometimes, that will conflict with the group's goals--sometimes in a "Batman and Superman can't reallya gree" way, and sometimes more overtly.

You can't fight them, because they are good, honorable people doing what they think is right.

At the same time, depending on the group, the context, and the time, Primus has supers, and some of those supers end up doing things that can be perceived as villainous.

EDIT: UNTIL can fill the same niche, only it has fewer in-house supers.

Utility

With many play sessions of recon, this normal guy trashed our group but good using all of our Disads against us and reminding us that we were not living gods.

Of course this required use of traps and equipment his CKC write up doesn't have, but it made perfect sense as we watched from our individual restraining devices as he played hours of footage he'd collected and studied on us.

Utility

With many play sessions of recon, this normal guy trashed our group but good using all of our Disads against us and reminding us that we were not living gods.

Of course this required use of traps and equipment his CKC write up doesn't have, but it made perfect sense as we watched from our individual restraining devices as he played hours of footage he'd collected and studied on us.

Oh, please, can you give a more detailed write up?

Oh' date=' please, can you give a more detailed write up?[/quote']

Are you saying he is already very detailed or asking for details?

In either event, what I meant was that he had additional Bases he used as traps (not included in his CKC write up) and a very liberal use of his VPP to create the weapons and traps that made us look like hacks.

Are you saying he is already very detailed or asking for details?

In either event, what I meant was that he had additional Bases he used as traps (not included in his CKC write up) and a very liberal use of his VPP to create the weapons and traps that made us look like hacks.

No, sorry for the unclearness.

PLEASE TELL ME MORE. It sounds quite interesting, and I might even be able to emulate it.

Edit: and why are you referring to yourself in the third person?

Common folks, I am serious about this. My players really enjoyed battling Mechanon and I want to know who to send against them next.

Cheers

QM

Give them Gravitar if you want them to have to talk their way out.

If they've been pissing off Viper, give them Viperia (with a Viper squad in reserve to rescue her if things go bad).

If you're an X-Men fan, give them Holocaust (with a few mutants in reserve just in case).

Common folks, I am serious about this. My players really enjoyed battling Mechanon and I want to know who to send against them next.

Cheers

QM

Ummm...

My favorite is Mechanon followed closely by Dr Destroyer.

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers

QM

Oh, well, that's a different story. :)

For a straight rockem, sockem slugfest, I recommend Viperia. If your players handled 5E Mechanon, this would be the next step up.

If you think they'd enjoy something more frightening and mysterious, go with the Monster. Very durable, very vicious. Put him in an area where he can use his stealth-based Skills to strike at the PCs from ambush, preferably dimly lit and mood enhancing. I once ran him in an old movie set made up like a gothic castle, which he knew well enough to hit-and-run, disappearing into crannies and passages in the set.