*inspired my other threads* Gravitar vs Crowns of Krim

Metaphysician

Re: *inspired my other threads* Gravitar vs Crowns of Krim

Gravitar has to fight a running battle with the Crowns. She needs to put her levels into DCV, keep range, and spread her attacks to hit. She'd have to fight smart and keep moving, which, given her psychological limitations, she probably wouldn't.

I don't think Overconfidence means she's stupid, or won't fight in a tactically sound manner. I just think it means she's not going to realize that she really needs to NOT GET HIT by some of Dark Seraph's attacks.

This runthrough makes me question again, as I did when CKC first came out, why Dark Seraph wasn't classified as a Master Villain in his own right. He outclasses the other Crowns of Krim almost as much as the Warlord outclasses the War Machine, and commands at least as much allegiance from them. The variety, lethality and accuracy of his attacks and range of his Defenses may make him more dangerous than Mechanon one-on-one. His long-term plans are certainly epic enough: world domination, and the summoning of his patron demon-god to Earth.

This runthrough makes me question again' date=' as I did when CKC first came out, why Dark Seraph wasn't classified as a Master Villain in his own right. He outclasses the other Crowns of Krim almost as much as the Warlord outclasses the War Machine, and commands at least as much allegiance from them. The variety, lethality and accuracy of his attacks and range of his Defenses may make him more dangerous than Mechanon one-on-one. His long-term plans are certainly epic enough: world domination, and the summoning of his patron demon-god to Earth.[/quote']

He has no pants. Takafones at least has that skirt thingy and a sort of open robe, and Gravitar has a one piece bathing suit and a cape. Dark Seraph is just standing there in a loin cloth and a crown. No one takes you seriously as a master villain if you have no pants.

No one takes you seriously as a master villain if you have no pants.

You will be part of my signature for a while. Down at the bottom, after everything else has been read, but this'll be sigged.

(Though, I bet you were hoping for that. ;) )

That doesn't seem to hold as true for hell-lord types like Mephisto or Trigon. Of course the climate in their realms is probably fairly balmy. ;)

Think how muxh more impressive they'd be if they just put on pants.

Trigon vs Teen Titans in Metropolis in the Winter:

Trigon: Ha! Teen Titans! Soon you will feel my wrath! You shall suffer forever, for I shall rip your souls from your bodies, and then I shall jump up and down on them for a thousand years! Ha!

Raven: Dad!

Trigon! Ha! Beg me not for mercy, foolish daughter, for it shall not be granted!

Raven: Dad! Like, you have no pants!

Trigon: Ha...what?

Robin: Uh, dude, little Trigon is kinda showing there. You might wanna...

Trigon: What?!?

Raven: Oh my gawd!

Starfire: It's so tiny!

Trigon: What! It's cold! Shrinkage!

Cyborg: That is just not right.

Beast Boy: You never told us your dad was Jewish.

Raven: This is the worst.

Trigon: Argh!

Cyborg: Well that was easy.

Robin: He might have defeated us, if only he'd had pants!

Cyborg: You're only wearing those speedo things.

Robin: Shut up!

Think how muxh more impressive they'd be if they just put on pants.

Trigon vs Teen Titans in Metropolis in the Winter:

Trigon: Ha! Teen Titans! Soon you will feel my wrath! You shall suffer forever, for I shall rip your souls from your body, and then I shall jump up and odwn on them for a thousand years! Ha!

Raven: Dad!

Trigon! Ha! Beg me not for mercy, foolish daughter, for it shall not be granted!

Raven: Dad! Like, you have no pants!

Trigon: Ha...what?

Robin: Uh, dude, little Trigon is kinda showing there. You might wanna...

Trigon: What?!?

Raven: Oh my gawd!

Starfire: It's so tiny!

Trigon: What! It's cold! Shrinkage!

Cyborg: That is just not right.

Beast Boy: You never told us your dad was Jewish.

Raven: This is the worst.

Trigon: Argh!

Cyborg: Well that was easy.

Robin: He might have defeated us, if only he'd had pants!

Cyborg: You're only wearing those speedo things.

Robin: Shut up!

:rofl:

I did notice that Dark Seraph's loincloth has a very long drape in the front.:snicker:

And I can't believe that my discourse has sunk to this level. :rolleyes:

Anyway, you must admit that having vast black wings goes a long way toward offsetting a lack of pants. At least pants won't be the first thing that people seeing DS are likely to comment on.

BTW I compared Dark Seraph to Mechanon earlier on this thread; anyone have the time to run that fight? (I'm a little pressed right now - in fact I probably shouldn't even be spending time here.)

I did notice that Dark Seraph's loincloth has a very long drape in the front.:snicker:

And I can't believe that my discourse has sunk to this level. :rolleyes:

Anyway, you must admit that having vast black wings goes a long way toward offsetting a lack of pants. At least pants won't be the first thing that people seeing DS are likely to comment on.

BTW I compared Dark Seraph to Mechanon earlier on this thread; anyone have the time to run that fight? (I'm a little pressed right now - in fact I probably shouldn't even be spending time here.)

First off, your discourse hasn't sunk to this level. It's been draged this low by the weight of that OTHER vs thread ;)

As for the Mechanon vs DS fight, IDHMBIFOM but doesn't Mechanon have a Vulnerability to Ego Attacks?

As for the Mechanon vs DS fight' date=' IDHMBIFOM but doesn't Mechanon have a Vulnerability to Ego Attacks?[/quote']

*checks book*

No. But he does have 2x STUN from Gravity, Magnetic, or Force attacks.

Which means no one should bother running the Gravitar vs. Mechanon fight.:)

Doesn't the head have to make it away from the battlefield intact now in order for Mechanon's module to be passed down the line? Or am I misremembering?

Probably I'm misremembering (maybe a 5e change; maybe a change I made), but that would change to "Abort to make like a baby and head on outta here".

At which point, Gravitar merely starts playing soccer with the head, as it shares his Vulnerability and she flies at least as fast as it does. And while the head is normally very hard to hit, she has all those nasty AoE munchers...

*sighs* Poor Mechanon. Nobody loves him.

(edit -- on thinking it over, I'm thinking that 'Transmit Personality Module' works better than 'Silly Flying Head Theory', whether canon or not. Consider your idea stolen.)

Doesn't the head have to make it away from the battlefield intact now in order for Mechanon's module to be passed down the line? Or am I misremembering?

Mechanon still has the option of remotely downloading its current memory files into a new body, but this is a last-ditch tactic if it's impossible for its head to escape. Note that its head can be detached at any time, not just for a last-ditch escape. That could be very useful for scouting and spying; being much smaller than Mechanon's whole body, the head can get through small openings and easily conceal itself.

Mechanon still has the option of remotely downloading its current memory files into a new body' date=' but this is a last-ditch tactic if it's impossible for its head to escape. Note that its head can be detached at any time, not just for a last-ditch escape. That could be very useful for scouting and spying; being much smaller than Mechanon's whole body, the head can get through small openings and easily conceal itself.[/quote']

True, but if I were Mechanon, I'd do my scouting and spying via Clairsentience bought as flying remote camera orbs, or else stat the little things out as Summoned Slavishly Loyal Followers. (Given that Mechanon already has such a consruct for his 'animate nearby machinery' power slot, the latter might be the way to go.)

I mean, why scout ahead with your own brain core when you can get some expendable pile o' chips to do it? Heck, if you painted it green and put a snake on it, the heroes could *catch* your spy drone and still not know that Mechanon was coming!

... hrmmmmm... am starting up a game soon... must write these down.

Atlas Games put out a very good adventure supplement for 4E Champs (SPOILERS!!!)

entitled Blood Fury which featured Mechanon. In that adventure Mechanon used miniature robot spy drones disguised as flies. He also replaced various humans with robot dopplegangers during the course of the plot, including ones that he could take direct control of and act through in order to mislead players as to who the real mastermind was.

That adventure expanded Mechanon's resources and MO in ways that fleshed out the character quite a bit IMHO.

*eep* Robot doubles? Camera drones the size of flies? I wasn't feeling anywhere near /that/ evil. :D

I was thinking more like little floating cameras the size of baseballs... actually, Mr. Terrific's T-Spheres from JSA is pretty much exactly what I was thinking of.

[Mechanon] also replaced various humans with robot dopplegangers during the course of the plot' date=' including ones that he could take direct control of and act through in order to mislead players as to who the real mastermind was.[/quote']

Something akin to this is mentioned in Champions Worldwide. Not exactly the same, mind you, but very similar.

*checks book*

No. But he does have 2x STUN from Gravity, Magnetic, or Force attacks.

Which means no one should bother running the Gravitar vs. Mechanon fight.:)

Thanks for checking that. I remember what I was thinking of now.

Mechanon doesn't have an actual vulnerability disadvantage to psychic powers, but his advanced brain is affected by psionics that work on the Human class of minds (assuming they bypass his mental defense)