Personality Archetypes

Enforcer84

I am dinking around with an idea for a Digital Hero article making package deals for the various personalities. Now my original gist was fantasy characters but I'd be interested in anyone at this point. What kind of personality archetypes do you think I should throw in there?

I've things like:

The Seducer (Seductress, Cassenova, Adorable Child*)

THe Innocent

The "I'm as good as Any Man!"

THe Old Veteran

The Fiery Tempered Fighter

The "Badass"

etc...

what do you think are personalities I can't do without?

*Wait for the article you'll see.

Re: Personality Archetypes

The Seeker - whether after some philosophical ideal, some bit(s) of arcane knowledge, or personal redemption, the person who really isn't into heroism and adventure for its own sake but travels restlessly looking for something s/he knows she'll probably never find.

The Fugitive - rightly or wrongly accused of one or more crimes, on the run from those who hunt him

The Healer - follows the heroes around patching up the mess they alway seem to end up in the middle of

The Paladin / Pure Servant of a Higher Power

The Paragon

The Hot Tempered Kid

The Happy Warrior

The Prissy Girl

The Prissy Guy

The Psychotic Midget

The Big Dumb Lug

The Perfect Mother

The Perfect Big Brother

The Bratty Brother

The Perfect Dad

The Bratty Little Sister

The Perfect Little Sister

Brooder- someone who is part of the group for a reason other than cameraderie' date=' or someone who is invited to be part of the team so that the other memebers can keep a better eye on him or her. Examples of this type are Punisher or (in some incarnations) wolverine.[/quote']

Like Donny Walberg on the NKOTB.

What?

Brooder- someone who is part of the group for a reason other than cameraderie' date=' or someone who is invited to be part of the team so that the other memebers can keep a better eye on him or her. Examples of this type are Punisher or (in some incarnations) wolverine.[/quote']

Dude, you forgot to mention the all high brooding king and overlord of all brooddom, aka 'Angel'. (The vampire with a soul, not the winged mutant.)

Although he did lighten up some in season 5, yes. :)

The 'Empty Gun' (My power is so useless, why do these heroes even let me on the team?)

The 'Loaded Gun' (My power is so dangerous and hard to control that I've joined the team to learn to control it (Cyclops in some incarnations)

The Angstmaster 5000 (My power and/or form makes me an outcast in society! No-one understands my pain! (Pick an obvious Marvel mutant, and even some of the less obvious ones (Rogue does it well too), plus Ben Grimm at times).

The team player (I'm willing to do what is necessary for the good of the team, I'll follow the leaders orders unless they sound like their unlikely to be good for the team. (a rare archetype among PCs, not so rare among superteams in the comics).

The Second in Command (everyone but him knows that he'll be the leader when the present leader steps down. Has all the qualities to do so. Listened to as much as the leader (even by the leader him/herself) and leads the team when the usual leader is absent (early Cyclops).

How could this one have not been mentioned yet?

The Mysterious Stranger- No one knows who or what this person is, or what it is the stranger stands for and desires........ but at the most opportune moment, it shall be revealed to be the least expected of all (basically can become any other archetype at a climatic point, but before and after holds many more tricks etc, amongst other things.)

Also, maybe The Rebel- the guy that just wants to stick it to the system, any system. Yes, YOUR system. Who died and made you party leader eh? But if he could be brought into line, he would be a valuable asset...