Sersi for HERO

Trained Chicken

Re: Sersi for HERO

Can anyone point me to a link of a write-up of Marvel's Eternal Sersi? re-reading some back issues and I'm interested in knowing exactly how her powers differ from a base Eternal powerset and how.

Write ups? No. Sersi? Sure; the base Eternal has the Immortal Body, Superstrong, flight, etc. Then, each one had an area of specialization, Makkari was fast, Ikkarus was "Tough", Phastos was a gadgeteer, Imp and Sersi had developed their abilities to control matter. Sersi transforms people pretty good.

Yeah' date=' I collected the Avengers on and off for years, and never once saw her use her powers in a specific, Sersi-like way, so I didn't have any clue about that. Even the Wiki page on her was pretty vague.[/quote']

yeah, they tended to use her as a flying energy projector.

Even the "base" invulerability and toughness is pretty impressive.

As much as I loathed the whole Exodus thing, including the character Exodus, there was a scene I liked from when the Avengers and X-Men are fighting him (in Genosha, I think).

Sersi is going toe to toe with Exodus, and the comic cuts away to another fight on the other side of the city. A couple of pages later, something comes flying "into the the panel", and into a building, which collapses.

Sersi shrugs her way out of the rubble, and starts back the way she came from, muttering something about "Now, I'm mad."

I agree with Peregrine. The CU's Empyreans are very clearly inspired by Marvel's Eternals, so could be used as a template for original Eternal writeups in HERO.

However, I did find a writeup for Sersi by Mathew Ignash, along with a thorough summary of her history. Note that this writeup is for 4E HERO, so there are a couple of minor differences from 5E; and it's based on Sersi before her massive powerup near the end of her Avengers membership:

http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/mathew/cssersi.html

Try this link for background information and general info:

http://www.geocities.com/brenni_au/

As noted, the Emperyans in Hidden Lands is a great place to start. Sersi displayed, among other things:

1. Superstrength (25 ton range about)

2. Superior durability: the shot mentioned that she took from Exodus yet she got up.

3. Regeneration: although not displayed as prominently as Wolverine, Eternals regenerate very well and are nearly immortal in terms of lifespan.

4. Cosmic energy manipulation: energy beams (eyes and hands) and flight

5. Matter manipulation: can reshape and transmute matter. She is the most powerful of all of the Eternals in this regard.

At the end of her Avengers run, she was powerful enough to swamp the Brooklyn Bridge with a huge tidal waves but that's more Plot Device stuff.

• 4 years later...

Although, I'm so thrilled with this particular disad:

5 Rivalry,"With whatever woman is handy.",romantic

that I'll be stenciling it into FRED where it richly belongs.

I'm immortalized in your FRED for that disad? Thanks!