Friends, 1934

bigdamnhero

Re: Friends, 1934

OK' date=' a little more help - I can't remember who owns Central Perk or what he's like or anything?[/quote']

Gunther's the manager. Really Dutch, not German.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunther_(Friends_character)

edit:

Wiki's got a lot of good bits you might want to incorporate at some level:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_gags_in_Friends

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I don't know about your Chandler. Really, on the show, he's a bit ineffectual and he's the clown. Your write up seemed a bit too sauve. He tends to mess everything up for himself. Of all the characters on the show, he seems most uncomfortable with himself and his lot in life. He wants more, but does not seem to think he deserves it. He tries to swing with the "big business" but does not like it. He is good at it but has no confidence and it does not make him happy. He sees himself as a loser and cannot handle that, thus he must always make a joke.

I think you nailed joey except I think his seduction should be higher. He could make a girl swoon with a sentence!

Monica, BTW, could not hold her liquor. Drinking too much got her in trouble more than once, I remember the fun bobby episodes and the Chandler and Monica get together episodes to name just a couple.

I like your Pheobe a lot. I think she would have psycic powers. But I think she should have conversation or something. She could get the best of anyone in an argument (esp. Ross) and delighted in winning the upper hand that way. Also, Jazz is spelled wrong.

Rachel is good! I like your back story on her - very appropriate. I also like that you gave her combat driving.

Ross is great too. But he did not have a spider monkey, he had a Capuchin Monkey - much like the one in Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark.

~Xerryss

Joey: How u duin? :D

Also, in Phoebe's court, she was a cab driver for a while, so she might have AK: New York (if you think she could get by being a cab driver). On the sub plot tilt, she also found out she has a half-brother by affair or divorce (can't remember which). He could be a DNPC.

Jak

I don't think Pheobe was a cab driver. I think that was her grandmothers cab. But she should definately have streetwise

I don't know about your Chandler. Really' date=' on the show, he's a bit ineffectual and he's the clown. [/quote']

Fair point, but then the "real" Chandler wouldn't last 5 minutes in a Pulp game. Had to do something to toughen him up. Hmm...maybe a Psych Lim reflecting lack of self-confidence?

Monica' date=' BTW, could not hold her liquor. Drinking too much got her in trouble more than once, I remember the fun bobby episodes and the Chandler and Monica get together episodes to name just a couple.[/quote']

DOH! You're right, I might drop that. Or I could keep it under the heading of ironic character contrast...have to think about it.

I like your Pheobe a lot. I think she would have psycic powers. But I think she should have conversation or something. She could get the best of anyone in an argument (esp. Ross) and delighted in winning the upper hand that way.

Also a good point.

Also' date=' Jazz is spelled wrong.[/quote']

:nonp: OK, now that's just embarrassing. :)

Ross is great too. But he did not have a spider monkey' date=' he had a Capuchin Monkey - much like the one in Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark. [/quote']

Correct, thanks. I'd actually already corrected that on my version, but forgot to update the online version.

Don't forget that Pheobe has an evil twin (possible disad) - Ursula
Right, that's mentioned in her Disads, as a Rivalry and a (mistaken) Reputation.

Thanks again!

I like your Pheobe a lot. I think she would have psycic powers.

~Xerryss

Haven't looked at the writeups recently, but just thought it would be fun if she had some psychic powers, but was also convinced that she had others that she really didn't have. So instances of her use of the real powers would lend credence to her other claims, and instances of her imagined powers not working would cast doubt on abilities she really does have. :D Like having real retrocognition, but also being convinced that she has precog, which she doesn't.

• 1 month later...

Well, I ran the Pulp Friends game at Bencon last weekend! Had a blast: drew two sold-out tables and had a bunch of requests for more, so I may have to write a sequel for Tacticon. I'll try and post some kind of after-action report as well as update the character write-ups, which I tweaked a bit. But in the meantime, I put a few of my favorite lines up on the quotes board:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1076847#post1076847

Well you could give Chandler a HUnted: Cant remember exactly, I think her name was Janice or Janet. She was a GF he dumped that kept re-appearing. She had a wierd laugh.

Oh and thanks for the bad memories of this show. Mother watched it for entire run. :(

Well, I ran the Pulp Friends game at Bencon last weekend! Had a blast: drew two sold-out tables and had a bunch of requests for more, so I may have to write a sequel for Tacticon. I'll try and post some kind of after-action report as well as update the character write-ups, which I tweaked a bit. But in the meantime, I put a few of my favorite lines up on the quotes board:

Instead of a sequel to Pulp Friends, why not start a Pulp Seinfeld game! :D

It would be an interesting take to see writeups on Jerry, Elaine, George and Kramer.

...and oh yeah, Newman too ;)

You had Ninjas?

It's Pulp. You gotta have ninjas. Or Nazis. Or both. :D

Well you could give Chandler a HUnted: Cant remember exactly' date=' I think her name was Janice or Janet. She was a GF he dumped that kept re-appearing. She had a wierd laugh.[/quote']

Yeah, Janice. I might have to have her show up in the next mod. Except as GM I'd be the one who'd have to do her voice, and I might wind up choking myself... :doi:

Oh and thanks for the bad memories of this show. Mother watched it for entire run. :(

Happy to help. ;)

Instead of a sequel to Pulp Friends' date=' why not start a Pulp Seinfeld game![/quote']

Well, I did have one player ask if he could play Cliff. Norm was his second choice. :o