Name That Band Hero!

Enforcer84

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Name That Band Hero!

Though it doesn't qualify under the rules of this game, I thought I'd post it anyway because this thread reminded me of something I'd been working on for a while - an entire super hero team based off of either songs or character from songs by White Zombie and Rob Zombie. The reason it doesn't qualify for the rules is that most of these characters are found in the lyrics of the songs instead of the titles.

Just in the one album "Hellbilly Deluxe" you have the following -

Superbeast - Leader and mystical brick.

Living Dead Girl - Mystic with undead abilities, talons and charm powers.

Phantom Stranger - Metamorph with intangebility among other powers.

Demonoid - Viscious demonic mystical brawler.

The Creeper - Stealth infiltrator, bit psychotic.

Resurrection Joe - Unkillable but nothing much else.

Cyclone Jack - Knife-wielding loon.

Spookshow Baby - Child hero with an unnerving knack for wickedness and evil. Psionic with illusion powers.

Dragula - Possessed roadster and transport for the team.

Add to this others from other albums -

Devil Man - Half-demon avenging warrior.

Electric Head - Reanimated electric chair executee w/ electrokinetic abilities.

Astrocreep - Monster from beyond the void.

Godslayer

Disaster Blaster

American Nightmare

Soul-Crusher

Demonspeed

Love Razor

As you can see there is an entire universe of characters.

Though it doesn't qualify under the rules of this game, I thought I'd post it anyway because this thread reminded me of something I'd been working on for a while - an entire super hero team based off of either songs or character from songs by White Zombie and Rob Zombie. The reason it doesn't qualify for the rules is that most of these characters are found in the lyrics of the songs instead of the titles.

Just in the one album "Hellbilly Deluxe" you have the following -

Superbeast - Leader and mystical brick.

Living Dead Girl - Mystic with undead abilities, talons and charm powers.

Phantom Stranger - Metamorph with intangebility among other powers.

Demonoid - Viscious demonic mystical brawler.

The Creeper - Stealth infiltrator, bit psychotic.

Resurrection Joe - Unkillable but nothing much else.

Cyclone Jack - Knife-wielding loon.

Spookshow Baby - Child hero with an unnerving knack for wickedness and evil. Psionic with illusion powers.

Dragula - Possessed roadster and transport for the team.

Add to this others from other albums -

Devil Man - Half-demon avenging warrior.

Electric Head - Reanimated electric chair executee w/ electrokinetic abilities.

Astrocreep - Monster from beyond the void.

Godslayer

Disaster Blaster

American Nightmare

Soul-Crusher

Demonspeed

Love Razor

As you can see there is an entire universe of characters.

That must be Mr Robert Zombie. My briefly sat near him at the Spike Scream Awards this Saturday. Now she is cooler than me.

C'mon! Nobody get's this one? Okay, two more hints.

1)Pay very careful attention to the Team's Leader. All the clues you need are there.

2)This duo's work has featured in a series of 600+mb AMVs.

Okay, technically that's three hints.:joint:

Heh. I had to cheat, the AMV was what helped. Eurodance/Europop is not my forte. In fact I have very little of the stuff in my collection.

Since I cheated I'll spoiler the answer.

Heh. I had to cheat' date=' the AMV was what helped. Eurodance/Europop is not my forte. In fact I have very little of the stuff in my collection.[/quote']I just thought that, thanks to DDR, it wouldn't be that obscure.

:D Heh. So much for an earlier comment in this thread stating that your music collection represented the tastes of these boards.:D It misses out one of my tastes.

I still don't know who they are, but I do like the name. :thumbup:

Here's a new one. They are a vigilante team of normals in Seattle who have banded together to fight crime and weird stuff.

The Shadow of Seattle: Leader of the vigilante team who prowl the streets of Seattle. The Shadow wears a big black coat and carries a pair of pistols but is otherwise a normal guy. he does wear a fedora though but I don't think that is a power.

Sex and Candy: Twin girls who look sexy but really just hang around The Shadow. They're just to look at really. They have an IQ of 140.... sorry, the sum of their IQs is 140.

Saint Joe and the School Bus: An alcoholic former priest who is kind of fat and unclean, but who does own a pretty cool bus which he owns. Apparently he won it in a poker game, and although most of the time he is too drunk to drive, it does come in handy when the team gets in to too much trouble.

Sherry Fraser: Cool, calm and collected girl who happens to be the daughter of a real superhero, The Blue Knight (who was a bit of a flake really and died in the early 1980s). Fraser is the smartest and most level-headed of the group and why she has decided to join the team is really a mystery. Probably just a way she can make sure they don't get into too much trouble.

Dog and his Master: Bit of an S&M flavour here. Master is a skinny man who wears a lot of leather although it makes him look a little dorky, while Dog is a huge bald guy who wears a spiked dog collar and leather thong. Apparently they are a really devoted couple, but they just don't have any street cred. Master has skillful sarcasm as his weapon, and Dog just punches things and barks a lot.

Okay, so these guys probably won't get written up in any Hero book, but the band should be easy to guess.

Ben

Some ideas from a recent album purchase:

The Hands of the Saints: While not all of these superheroes have religiously-themed powers, they are all devout Christians who believe their powers are gifts from the Allmighty to fight evil in the world.

Brother Lee: A former Franciscan Monk who left the monestary to fight crime when his superhuman martial arts powers manifested. Team leader.

Salvation: Former Catholic priest, recruited by Brother Lee after he started exhibiting flight and EP abilities

Friendly Fire: Like the Human Torch, only nicer.

Awe: A Presense-based mentalist; formerly a supervillain (partnered with an EP named "Shock") before her conversion.

Mistaken I.D.: A shapeshifter ala Mystique.

Deep: A Density-based brick with philosophy & theology PhDs.

Hint: This is not a Christian Rock band; a lot of the titles just lent themselves to the theme.

• 1 month later...

I still don't know who they are, but I do like the name. :thumbup:

Here's a new one. They are a vigilante team of normals in Seattle who have banded together to fight crime and weird stuff.

The Shadow of Seattle: Leader of the vigilante team who prowl the streets of Seattle. The Shadow wears a big black coat and carries a pair of pistols but is otherwise a normal guy. he does wear a fedora though but I don't think that is a power.

Sex and Candy: Twin girls who look sexy but really just hang around The Shadow. They're just to look at really. They have an IQ of 140.... sorry, the sum of their IQs is 140.

Saint Joe and the School Bus: An alcoholic former priest who is kind of fat and unclean, but who does own a pretty cool bus which he owns. Apparently he won it in a poker game, and although most of the time he is too drunk to drive, it does come in handy when the team gets in to too much trouble.

Sherry Fraser: Cool, calm and collected girl who happens to be the daughter of a real superhero, The Blue Knight (who was a bit of a flake really and died in the early 1980s). Fraser is the smartest and most level-headed of the group and why she has decided to join the team is really a mystery. Probably just a way she can make sure they don't get into too much trouble.

Dog and his Master: Bit of an S&M flavour here. Master is a skinny man who wears a lot of leather although it makes him look a little dorky, while Dog is a huge bald guy who wears a spiked dog collar and leather thong. Apparently they are a really devoted couple, but they just don't have any street cred. Master has skillful sarcasm as his weapon, and Dog just punches things and barks a lot.

Okay, so these guys probably won't get written up in any Hero book, but the band should be easy to guess.

Ben

Marcy Playground. Thank Kevin Smith for me even knowing that they exist.
Some ideas from a recent album purchase:

The Hands of the Saints: While not all of these superheroes have religiously-themed powers, they are all devout Christians who believe their powers are gifts from the Allmighty to fight evil in the world.

Brother Lee: A former Franciscan Monk who left the monestary to fight crime when his superhuman martial arts powers manifested. Team leader.

Salvation: Former Catholic priest, recruited by Brother Lee after he started exhibiting flight and EP abilities

Friendly Fire: Like the Human Torch, only nicer.

Awe: A Presense-based mentalist; formerly a supervillain (partnered with an EP named "Shock") before her conversion.

Mistaken I.D.: A shapeshifter ala Mystique.

Deep: A Density-based brick with philosophy & theology PhDs.

Hint: This is not a Christian Rock band; a lot of the titles just lent themselves to the theme.

C'mon people. The Cranberries! I didn't want to post the answer because I hadn't come up with a new one myself. But now I have! MWAHAHAHAHA!

Ironspy - A metalic brick who can also become all but invisible.

Karma Slave - A young woman whose only ability seems to be to reflect any effect directly back upon it's source.

Paradox - A mutant with the abilty to completely alter the fabric of reality within his immediate area.

Thunder - A flying brick and widow, she was once forced to be a hero by court order, only to turn to a life of crime alongside her husband lightning. After his unpublished death in Detroit, 10 years ago, she went into hiding. Now she has returned, seeking to redeem her and her husband and leave a legacy they can both be proud of. (I always had a soft spot for those two.)

This one should be relatively easy.

Marcy Playground. Thank Kevin Smith for me even knowing that they exist.C'mon people. The Cranberries! I didn't want to post the answer because I hadn't come up with a new one myself. But now I have! MWAHAHAHAHA!

Ironspy - A metalic brick who can also become all but invisible.

Karma Slave - A young woman whose only ability seems to be to reflect any effect directly back upon it's source.

Paradox - A mutant with the abilty to completely alter the fabric of reality within his immediate area.

Thunder - A flying brick and widow, she was once forced to be a hero by court order, only to turn to a life of crime alongside her husband lightning. After his unpublished death in Detroit, 10 years ago, she went into hiding. Now she has returned, seeking to redeem her and her husband and leave a legacy they can both be proud of. (I always had a soft spot for those two.)

This one should be relatively easy.

huh. Splashdown?

here's a moderately obscure band these days.

Cubik - a brick by any other name.

Leo Leo - this is actually a set of twins, one a brick the other a speedster, both with a lion motif.

Techno Bell - the hottie of the group, and the only woman, a gadgeteer with a mean streak.

Sunrise - heat based flying energy projector. bit of a hot head this one.

• 11 months later...

Okay, I cheated.

808 state.

Here's one that will likely make anyone who gets it cringe.

Four girls with a bit of a "punk-rock" look.

Abracadabra - A former stage magician who has taken her skills to a new level.

Lovesick - A mentalist that can make you fall so in love with someone, that you forget to eat!

Surprise, Surprise - This mutant not only has the ability to teleport, but also can split himself into two beings.

Star Spangled Fantasy - This bombshell brickette dies her mowhawk red, white and blue. Her ripped-knee jeans and sequened jacket are a distictive look.

• 2 months later...

Okay, I cheated.

808 state.

Here's one that will likely make anyone who gets it cringe.

Lovesick - A mentalist that can make you fall so in love with someone, that you forget to eat!

Surprise, Surprise - This mutant not only has the ability to teleport, but also can split himself into two beings.

Star Spangled Fantasy - This bombshell brickette dies her mowhawk red, white and blue. Her ripped-knee jeans and sequened jacket are a distictive look.

You cheated correctly. I can't rep you though, gotta spread it.

Jem and the Holograms?

Misfits actually.

(technically, I had to double check because I didn't remember a song called Abracadabra from that show. I always click over to the Steve Miller song.)

Alright... new(ish) band, which might be giving it away a bit.

Time to put on the Pressure:

Choices And Decisions - A duplicating mentalist

Nobody - Shapeshifter and hand to hand fighter

Selector - A Mimic

Trouble - Speedster, second hand to hand fighter

I'm going to kick myself when this get's solved, I just know it.

Surprise, Surprise - This mutant not only has the ability to teleport, but also can split herself into two beings.

You know, I'm almost tempted to write these girls up. Almost.