FANTASY HERO Playtest Manuscript Now Available

Steve Long

Howdy, folx! Just wanted to let the Digital Hero subscribers know that the Fantasy Hero manuscript is now available for playtesting! You can find it in the usual place, and the deadline for comments is June 19. Sorry I can't allow more time, but we got schedules to meet, dontcha know. ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Steve Long

KS, you can click on the "Digital Hero" link to the left, and follow the necessary steps. Or you can go to the Online Store and buy a 10-credit subscription there.

Cool, thanx! I tried to subsribe to DH in the past, but it errored out and I never got around to trying it again. I prefer bound books ;)

So, as soon as I subscribe to DH, I automatically get access to the playtest area?

I've got one of those questions that will just bug me all week until the Thursday Chat so I'm going to ask it now...

Does Fantasy Hero's size guarantee that it will be a hardback?

Can't wait to buy it either way. Wish I had the dedication to play test.

. Since the printer tells us it can make usable, durable perfect-bound books of over 1,000 pages,

And you believed HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

yes im kidding I work with/next to a bindery and believe you me they can do wonders....

Dont Feel bad, if the FH mauscript sucks ill be disappointed I spent 30.00 on getting a preview look at it.

Speaking of manuscripts....

Ermmm where does one find the rules for Playtest manuscripts?

(what can and cannot be done as well as sending in corrections and other stuff[found what i believe is the first Grammatical error]?)

Though it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission it is nobler to ask for permission.

AS, you didn't spend $30 to get a look at the manuscript. You spent $30 for 640 pages' worth of cool issues of DIGITAL HERO. The ability to playtest is just a perk. Believe me, if we wanted to charge people directly for playtesting, we would. ;)

Re: playtest instructions -- there's a three or four page document at the beginning of the manuscript that explains the procedure. Please read it carefully if you haven't playtested/testread for Hero before; it will save all of us a lot of time and trouble. ;)

Great Gods, Steve!

What a wonderfully monstrous manuscript you've churned out!

Most impressive!

I can't wait for the hard copy. Wish I had more free time to devote to giving you feedback on it.

Regardless, it's good to see Fantasy Hero coming back after such a long hiatus.

THANKS!

AS, you didn't spend $30 to get a look at the manuscript. You spent $30 for 640 pages' worth of cool issues of DIGITAL HERO. The ability to playtest is just a perk. Believe me, if we wanted to charge people directly for playtesting, we would. ;)

I dunno. I paid $30 for the playtest manuscript, and it seems I'm somehow getting 10 issues of Digital Hero for free. What's up with that? :D