Okay Class: Make me a Fighter.

Enforcer84

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Okay Class: Make me a Fighter.

Are we still building Joe Fighter? Or Chad Fighter? One who fights Chads in the government? What are we building here?

Fitty points? Er. Hmm. So not my schtick on the fly; I'm better with gear & spells than I am with building people yet, but I'll give it a Whirlwind Attack.

If we're making Cloud Strife:

Level 1:

Braver- Automatically activated. This involves Cloud jumping up into the air and vertically slashing a single enemy. Looks like Cloud’s Deathblow attack.

Cross Slash- Activated by using Braver 8 times. This attack does 3 slashes to a single enemy.

Level 2:

Blade Beam- Activated after killing 80 enemies with Cloud. This involves Cloud slamming his blade to the ground sending a shockwave to the main target enemy. The main blast ricochets off sending miniature shockwaves at the other enemies doing slightly less damage.

Climhazzard- Activated by using Blade Beam 7 times. Cloud slices into a single enemy, then jumps upwards with his sword still in the enemy.

Level 3:

Meteorain- Activated after killing another 80 enemies with Cloud. Cloud spins his blade around then jumps up into the air and creating meteors with his blade which attack all enemies.

Finishing Touch- Activated after using Meteorain 6 times. This involves Cloud creating a tornado with his blade which blows all enemies away. Doesn’t work on bosses of course.

Level 4:

Omnislash- Found in Battle Arena. Get either 64,000 Battle Points on Disk 1 or 32,000 Battle Points on disks 2 and 3 and buy it there. Cloud slashes at random enemies 15 times in total for massive damage

A quick note, I don't want to rip off Susano, and I can't recall how to build an inverted Power Up meter OTTOMH, so you may want to refer to Ninja Hero for that. A Limit Break should require kills/hits/etc. to build up, then explode outwards. The double END marker simulates the stress of the attack without using that modifier. It effectively keeps Cloud from using it round after round.

Cloud Strife Limit Break Package, Thia Halmades v1.1

97 Limit Break (Multipower); All Powers OIF (Massive ****ing sword, -1/2), Extra Time (1 phase, -1/2), Visible Power Effect (Lens Flare, -1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV, -1/4), Increased END (x2, -1/2), Requires a Skill Roll (Swordsmanship, -1/2)

1u Braver: HKA 2d6, Indirect (Always comes from above, +1/4), Level One Limit (-0), Common Lims (-2 1/2) [8 END]

1u Cross-Slash: HKA 2d6, Autofire (3, +1/4), Level One Limit (-0), Common Lims (-2 1/2) [8 END]

2u Blade Beam: RKA 3d6, Explosion (Sends additional shockwaves outwards, +1/2), Selective (Shockwaves only hit opponents, +1/4); Level Two Limit Break (-0), Must have used Level One Limit Break in the last 24 Hours (-1/2), Side Effect (Cannot use Level Two Limit Break until another Level One Limit Break is used, -1/2), Common Lims (-2 1/2) [16 END]

2u Climhazzard: HKA 4d6, Armor Piercing (+1/2); Level Two Limit Break (-0), Must have used Level One Limit Break in the last 24 Hours (-1/2), Side Effect (Cannot use Level Two Limit Break until another Level One Limit Break is used, -1/2), Common Lims (-2 1/2) [18 END]

3u Meteorain: RKA 4 1/2d6, AOE Radius (+1), Indirect (+1/4); Level Three Limit Break (-0), Must have used Level Two Limit Break in the last 24 Hours (-3/4), Side Effect (Cannot use Level Three Limit Break until another Level Two Limit Break is used, -1/2), Common Lims (-2 1/2) [32 END]

3u Finishing Touch: RKA 4d6, AOE Cone (+1), Double Knockback (+3/4); Level Three Limit Break (-0), Must have used Level Two Limit Break in the last 24 Hours (-3/4), Side Effect (Cannot use Level Three Limit Break until another Level Two Limit Break is used, -1/2), Common Lims (-2 1/2) [33 END]

5u Omnislash: HKA 5d6, AOE Radius (+1), Autofire (5, +1/2), Armor Piercing (+1/2), Selective (+1/2), Personal Immunity (+1/4); Level Four Limit Break (-0), Must have used Level Three Limit Break in the last 24 Hours (-1), Side Effects (Cannot Limit Break for 24 hours, -1) Common Lims (-2 1/2) [56 END]

Admittedly, this is well over the 50 you originally envisioned, but! But, before you point out you don't have 113 points (16 points in slots, 97.5 for the MP itself, based on the most active points of 243 or so in Omnislash), I submit the following:

Using this as a model, you can create the first group of Limit Breaks (Braver & Cross-Slash) for only 18 points; that's a 40 point Multipower (rounded up) with 2.5 in lims & two slots.

Limit Break Two: Framework would be 36, with 6 points in slots (two 1st, two 2nd), a total of 42. That's on par with where you wanted to be, but without any bonuses to using Limit Breaks (note the RSR requirement). These are 2pt. OCV levels, so you can buy the whole thing & be at +4 with them for 50 points.

Limit Break Three: 66 point framework, 12 points in slots, 78 total points.

Limit Break Four: 97 points (80 point framework, 17 points in slots).

You may want to buy off the Double END for Cross-Slash, otherwise it'll cost you 24 with all three shots. Sorry - I always forget about the "Must have Charges and/or END per attack" rule. My bad. You can simply add "reduced END, (+1/2)" to bring it back to 'normal' I believe, and it won't bounce up the cost TOO much.

Being a Level One Limit is a SFX anyway, so even if you made it silly expensive it's still legal; it's the effect that makes it Level One, the way the points worked out - 1 for L1, 2 for L2 - started as amusing and then for levs 3 & 4 I went ahead and made sure they synched up.

And the term "fighter" is basically melee-ish, in the broad sense of the word. ;)

I personally peffer to play the oddball types; it was I who submitted a Lasher and a Foe Hunter as a "starter" package. (There's different ways to expand both; I tried to instill the basic sense of what the term behind them means, overall. They're still fighters, just specialized and not overpowered. )

In that case... speaking of fighting...

The Wife

EGO 18

PRE 20

COM 07

Oratory 18-

Find Weakness 22-

30 pts. Ego Defense (Hardened)

+10 STR when Enraged

Psych Lim: Spoiled (vc/mod)

Psych Lim: Double Standards (com/mod)

Psych Lim: Inflexible (com/total)

Psych Lim: Incapable of Admitting When She's Wrong (vc/total)

Phys Lim: Cannot Speak More Softly Than 120 dB (com/mod)

Enraged: 18-

I haven't got time to stat him out at the moment, but here is a character concept I am rather fond of:

The Fisherman

This character sits on the border between peasant and pirate. A more powerful version could be a Hidden Heir to a Kingdom.

He or she is basically a Viking, although it is easy to modify the character to be from any seafaring culture. (Eg: Heroic Greek, Celtic, feudal/medieval, caribbean buccaneer or whatever).

Variants:

The Forester: Replace sea related skills with forest/hunting stuff.

More powerful versions: the Hidden Heir version can have all the Heroic attributes you would want. This could include things like defensive magic (divine protection or magical blessings), or being a Berserker.

Martial arts like wrestling, boxing, brawling, knife fighting and even Pankration are all quite reasonable.

Examples:

Havelock the Dane http://www.pantheon.org/articles/h/havelock_the_dane.html

Perseus

http://www.mythweb.com/heroes/perseus/index.html

etc etc...

In that case... speaking of fighting...

The Wife

EGO 18

PRE 20

COM 07

Oratory 18-

Find Weakness 22-

30 pts. Ego Defense (Hardened)

+10 STR when Enraged

Psych Lim: Spoiled (vc/mod)

Psych Lim: Double Standards (com/mod)

Psych Lim: Inflexible (com/total)

Psych Lim: Incapable of Admitting When She's Wrong (vc/total)

Phys Lim: Cannot Speak More Softly Than 120 dB (com/mod)

Enraged: 18-

You're a brave man.

I'm getting some really nice ideas from this thread.

Figuring out how to put some of these into HD v3 so I ca use them later is going to be challenging....

Yeah, HD still doesn't handle packages that easily. Which is what most of these are.

I think there's enough here to warrant addition to the Hero Wiki as well. I'll start a section on packages.

sure it is, make the 'Basic Fighter' as a character, save as package deal.

Make the optional abilities as a character and save as a prefab.

Add the optional abilities Prefab to the Packaged deal so that whenever the deal is applied to a character the options appear in the prefab tabs and boom.

It's not a single click but it's not too difficult.

• 5 years later...

Interestingly, it looks as though my account has been fused with Shadowpup's. That's funny, because while Pie was a sock puppet of mine, Shadowpup wasn't. And we haven't worked in the same office since last year. I'll have to ask what happens if he tries to log in.