Lose Weakness

Re: Lose Weakness

Would just having 2 sets of defenses work?

For an extra 6 points, you could put your 15PD/15ED force field in a multipower, like this...

Forcefield Generator: 30 Active

3u) 15PD/15ED Force Field 1

3u) 15PD/15ED Force Field 2

Find weakness is defined as "the uncanny ability to find a weakness in the defenses of a target." When you switch between force fields, technically you are changing your defense. I'd think the find weakness would go away. What do you think?

Why not just Lack Of Weakness, Only vs 2nd Use of Find Weakness onwards?

elegant, simple, uses the built in mechanic to counter FW.

Well, that would make it tougher to get a result greater than the original... wouldn't undo a weakness already found...

I checked it out at home using HD (v4.3) and came up with:

Lose Weakness: Shape Shift (Sight Group; limited group of shapes), Costs END Only To Change Shape (+1/4) (25 Active Points); Body Only (-1/2), Only To Stop Find Weakness (-2). Total cost: 9 points.

A more advanced version might also include Touch Group, and/or Instant Change.

The SFX, to answer Dust Raven's (very legitimate) question, is essentially a subtle shifting of the character's exterior form. The character still looks the same for all other purposes, but any physical weaknesses are moved about and would have to be located again.

Ok, for the "power build"?

17 Unfound Weaknesses: Shape Shift (Sight, Hearing and Touch Groups), Instant Change, Costs END Only To Change Shape (+1/4) (26 Active Points); Only to Remove Found Weaknesses (-1/2) - 2 END

Per 5ER 175 - Shape Shift will neutralize found weaknesses, as would multiform.

:sneaky:

I like it!

I like this as well, but I would probably require it to be IPE as well, both because its completely undetectable, and also to keep it from being too cheap of an ability.

Find Weakness is an expensive Power, and this works out to be almost infinite Lack of Weakness, so it should be costed a little higher than 17 points.

I like this as well' date=' but I would probably require it to be IPE as well, both because its completely undetectable, and also to keep it from being too cheap of an ability. [/quote']

Interesting, and probably a good idea.

This way, the character with the Find Weakness wouldn't necessarily know he had lost the found weakness.

Another thing, I wouldn't allow the character with the Lose Weakness power to use it until he knew there was a weakness found against him (which would require being hit in such a way that it was apparent something was wrong).

Not sure how to rule that... maybe a tactics, or analyze skill roll?

This way, the character with the Find Weakness wouldn't necessarily know he had lost the found weakness.

Well, may thats an extta effect; as the default option, I think the weakness finding character should be able to tell he's lost what advantage he had.

Another thing, I wouldn't allow the character with the Lose Weakness power to use it until he knew there was a weakness found against him (which would require being hit in such a way that it was apparent something was wrong).

Not sure how to rule that... maybe a tactics, or analyze skill roll?

Could put it on a self resetting Trigger "When Find Weakness is Successful", and buy a Detect: Successful Find Weakness; Only For Trigger Use.

Yeah, and that would bring the cost in line with the utility of the ability; I'd slide on the IPE with that in place.

Here's how I would stat this power:

Without Weakness: (Total: 110 Active Cost, 50 Real Cost) Shape Shift (Find Weakness Group, Same Shape With New Weakness), Instant Change, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates; When Find Weakness Succeeds Vs Character; +1) (87 Active Points); Affects Body Only (-1/2), Not Actually Changing Shape Or Appearance (-1/2) (Real Cost: 43)

plus

Detect When Find Weakness Succeeds Vs Character 17- (Unusual Group), Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Sense, Telescopic: +3 (23 Active Points); Only Usable By Trigger On Shape Shift Ability (-2) (Real Cost: 7)

Total Cost: 50 Real Cost for effective Immunity to Find Weakness.

So, its probably cheaper to buy a lot of Lack of Weakness instead.

How about Flash Versus Find Weakness? I'd consider it a Targeting Sense for costing purposes.

That's a nifty idea. I suppose having Find Weakness Flashed would count not only for spoiling an already successful attempt, it would also count as "resetting" Find Weakness allowing the character to make a fresh attempt once the Flash wears off.

• 2 weeks later...

I checked it out at home using HD (v4.3) and came up with:

Lose Weakness: Shape Shift (Sight Group; limited group of shapes), Costs END Only To Change Shape (+1/4) (25 Active Points); Body Only (-1/2), Only To Stop Find Weakness (-2). Total cost: 9 points.

A more advanced version might also include Touch Group, and/or Instant Change.

The SFX, to answer Dust Raven's (very legitimate) question, is essentially a subtle shifting of the character's exterior form. The character still looks the same for all other purposes, but any physical weaknesses are moved about and would have to be located again.

This could work very nicely in a Wuxia game we just change the name to "Move gate"...thanx...