WWYCD: The rest of the world's Supers just changed sex.

TheRavenIs

Re: WWYCD: The rest of the world's Supers just changed sex.

Ok, adding to this one a bit. Your C has been working on getting this fixed. They have figured out some things, but to change things back your C will have to actually change sex in a ritual that will remake the world you know. Other than the drawback that you will be that sex after, the rest of the world will not remember the ritual and also will always think your C has been the sex you are after.

WWYCD then?

So would the Avalon that's War Wolf's teammate, I'd wager.

That's kinda freaky.

Last time Morgan le Fay was behind something, Avalon met the daughter he never knew he had.

Nadia: ok, waking up in her dorm room to find her roomate is a boy and the room is in the boy dorm. humm, Nadia will not be amused, and depending how 'Ben' (Brenda - Kid Supernova) handles things, there could be some major trouble if Nadia thinks she has been taken advantage of. In an odd way this could be a relief to her, for she is afraid of intimacy and she has been resisting being attracted to a boy. Now that he is now a she, She would see this temptation removed. She is a Orthadox Christian, this would be rather cut and dry for her.

Jake the Troll - has discovered recently that his birth gender was more-or-less arbitrary - he can shapechange, and that the resultant form is just as 'normal' as the one he grew up in. One of the forms he can take is that of a trollknor, or female troll. As such, I'd guess that this particular change would manifest as everyone thinking that the trollknor form was the form he grew up in, and his Troll form was something he recently discovered.

However, Jake can also step into the spirit world, and has gotten lost coming back before. So, he'd just sigh, explain things to this dimension's parents, and look for the way back, while looking for this dimension's "Jake".

With regards to the 2nd version - if it was discovered that it really WAS his dimension that had somehow been modified, he'd probably agnst over it and consult a representative from the Catholic Church, as ultimately it affects the spiritual nature of everyone on the planet. He'd go with whatever they'd suggest. If it turns out that he should go through with the ritual, he'd probably do so, but spend just as much time in his Troll form as in anything else.

Shinji Miromoto - would also assume that he got lost coming back from the Dark Dimension, and would actually be mildly thankful at the chance to start over - Shiiko Miromoto would have killed a mid-level national hero on Japanese television, but Shinji Miromoto is completely unknown in Japan. This would allow him to go back home.

However, after a copule of days, he'd probably start to feel guilty, and look into seeing if it really WAS his dimension. If the 2nd option is available, he'd probably end up doing it, after a LOT of meditation and self-reflection; he's buddhist, and as such believes in reincarnation, and as such the gender change wouldn't phase him TOO much. He would mumble about being caught in an anime cliche, and would find it highly ironic that his kharma is forcing him to become that which he hates most: a magical girl.

Whisper: Would be very confused, as now Bethany (The "pure innocent" 12 year old girl that he's bonded to), is now Benjamin. As for everyone thinking he was a she originally, he would point out that as a life-force vampire and a shadow, it really doesn't matter. He would probably just try and get the little boy do what little boys do best, be mean spirited little ****s.

The Specter: Would become VERY upset, as it would appear that the only romantic prospects that he's come across are now all male. At this point he would then begin obsessing about the apparent gender-bias of immortality in any given reality. Apart from that, not bloody much. Outside of his metabolic control powers, which everyone will have assumed to have gone horribly awry, he's a freaking odd-jobs type handyman.

As for the second option, Both: "No way in hell!" They are both very male in mindset, and willing taking on a case of Gender Dysphoria just isn't an option.

OK-Let me make sure I have this straight. Everyone else has changed gender, but they swear they haven't. You haven't but they swear you have.

Firestorm is not amused.

When Wicca wakes up in bed next to her Mistress, whom I assume went to sleep with a delicious young boy, she has her work cut out for her. (Get your minds out of the gutter !)

Mind Flair is Lawful Good, but still Human. She'd HAVE to see Invictus !

Dragon Jane would want proof; "show me the pictures. "

Change sex to change the world back??

That doesn't really solve anything, now does it? The only person who's likely upset at the current situation is the PC the scenario is presented to (everyone else thinks it's normal) and if the PC goes through the ritual... the same thing applies. AKA you've just reversed everything, but no-one's any more or less happy as a result. So why bother?

• 2 months later...

Awakening a sleeping thread.

You wake up in the morning and you are the only hero that didn't change sex in the night. Now the thing is everyone else in the world thinks that this has always been the case. They think your C was the opposite sex and they wonder why you are the sex you are. How will your C deal with this?

Ok, adding to this one a bit. Your C has been working on getting this fixed. They have figured out some things, but to change things back your C will have to actually change sex in a ritual that will remake the world you know. Other than the drawback that you will be that sex after, the rest of the world will not remember the ritual and also will always think your C has been the sex you are after.

WWYCD then?

OK a small change here, the ritual will change the world back and you will remain your birth sex, but-----your C has the choice to alter themselves into the other sex.

I think most heroes would prefer to set things back the way they had been originally. Certainly Soulbarb would. How many people voluntarily go through sex change operations? Very few.

Now, if one gained the ability to change sex at will, that might be an ability some heroes might be happy to have. Soulbarb would probably not be interested unless she could also change her appearance.

Terminus would be both amused and concerned. The main thing he'd be worried about is whether his GF still liked him.

AS for the rituals - if it was necessary, He'd spend the rest of his life as a female - on his world, sexual bias had pretty much disappeared. But he;d prefer to remain the gender he undertands best.

Paladin would change things back to the way they should be, no matter the cost personally.

Black Dragon on the other hand would fix things back to normal, and then track down Travellar and beat the tar out of him. Because 9 out of 10 time Travellar would be involved in causing the mess in the first place.

Lex (Goblyn / Requiem): Depending on when this happens in Lex's life, he may have some troubles. As his younger -- Goblyn -- self, he would be rather annoyed at the fact that now he is surrounded by hot babes who use to be his best friends (Metaworld is like that). He would know that the she-Revenant was just off-limits but kind of intrigued to see how far he could get with the she-American Eagle (Lex bases gender on what a person's "plumbing" is, not by what they used to be or how they are dressed).

As Requiem, Goblyn would be a little freaked out. Here -was- his really wonderful girlfriend, who he is very much into... now a guy. "Sorry Hal, but.... no! Not 'til we get this fixed."

Bastion: was rooming with another guy at the Hunter Academy. Waking up to a young hottie who could blast him through the wall at a glance would be... interesting. On the other hand, most of the other students were originally girls, so this would also be rather annoying until he could find a way to fix things. ("And if I -am- supposed to be a girl, show me some pictures of how I'm supposed to look... Woah! I'm hot!")

Paladin would change things back to the way they should be, no matter the cost personally.

Black Dragon on the other hand would fix things back to normal, and then track down Travellar and beat the tar out of him. Because 9 out of 10 time Travellar would be involved in causing the mess in the first place.

Hey now, he isn't the source of all mayhem in the omni-verse.......some but not all.

QUERY: Query is a sphinx, which means she's omniscient. She's also a mortal, which means that while she is literally the worlds biggest know-it-all she can't know it all at the same time. Her name is Query because she always speaks in questions because she can't make statements without messing up the weft and weave of all-possibilties. She may well assume that she was talking in her sleep again...

As for her teammates, she would feel horribly sorry for them, especially Crysalis who was very upset at having been turned into a woman, and who is instead, presumably upset about having been turned into a man.

She would engage in the long and tedious process of looking for the right strand to spindle to guide the world back toward central probability.

Awakening a sleeping thread.

You wake up in the morning and you are the only hero that didn't change sex in the night. Now the thing is everyone else in the world thinks that this has always been the case. They think your C was the opposite sex and they wonder why you are the sex you are. How will your C deal with this?

Gladiatrix - Try to hit the right tone in mass media releases, to get credit for taking this unexpected and unexplained sex change like a trouper, while not coming across as a gay guy who was glad to be altered. Whatever is happening, the first, most important thing is to retain the love of the fan base.

Chain Lightning - Investigate. Whoever did this is probably going to do other things that won't be nearly as funny, so Chain Lightning may need to beat them up. If this looks like a harmless one-off event, though, leave it like it is. Chain Lightning has no stake in anyone else's sexual identity.

Orgone Man - Investigate. This has to change. Orgone Man is respectably married, and that is supremely important to him. Things are going to go back to normal, and that's that.

Last Hero - Investigate. This has to change. Changing a queen egg to a drone egg means racial extinction. That is the only issue, and the rest of the world can go hang.

WWYCD then?

Gladiatrix - Leave things like they are. Gladiatrix would not see a reason to alter them. Fans can love you just as much whichever sex they are.

Chain Lightning - Leave things like they are. Chain Lightning plans on staying a boy, whatever may come.

Orgone Man - Don't change the world back at the price of changing sexes. Keep trying to get things back to normal in the Orgone household. This is not about the rest of the world. It is about a man and a woman being married forever, as man and woman.

Last Hero - Change the world back of course. The good of the queen egg is everything.

And hey, that means that Last Hero becomes a drone, and (a vain, irresponsible) First Stud-muffin. Yeah! Who looks too cute to resist? You do, hunky-boy, you do! Goodbye to "death lighter than a feather and duty heavier than a mountain," hello to The Artist Formerly Known As Last Hero! (Try not to hate me 'cause I'm so handsome. Pout!) All female characters She-Hulk/Big Barda size or better will be hit on. Oh baby you know what I like!

This thread is actually the most fun idea that's ever occurred to me in respect of Last Hero.

OK a small change here' date=' the ritual will change the world back and you will remain your birth sex, but-----your C has the choice to alter themselves into the other sex.[/quote']Gladiatrix - Everything goes back to normal, and Gladiatrix stays the sex she is,

Chain Lightning - "I'm a boy, I'm a boy, I'm a boy!" The world may or may not get cured - though not till Chain Lightning has had a quiet laugh at everyone's new costumes and problems - but what really matters is that Chain Lightning stays a guy. (grin)

Orgone Man - Everything goes back to normal, and Orgone Man stays the sex he is. Mr. and Mrs. Orgone and all the little Orgones live happily ever after.

Last Hero - Everything goes back to normal, and Last Hero stays the sex he is. That is, a genetically female pseudo-male, like a warrior ant. In time the queen will hatch and the warrior will defend her, as it should be. Duty is all. There is little of free will for a Korbenite super-warrior.

However if Last Hero first changes to a drone and then gets the choice - uh oh!

Y'know' date=' if Last Hero first changes to a drone, then gets the choice, wouldn't that leave LH with the opportunity of making sure the Korbenite Queen has a mate handy when the time comes...? *ponders*[/quote']The most interesting and entertaining "what ifs" leave you thinking about options you would never have considered before. Something that is just straightforwardly bad and has to be solved isn't as enlightening. Or that's how it seems to me, based on the "what ifs" I've tried so far.

Snow Leopard - "That's odd. The history books never mentioned this. Did I do this? I hope I didn't do this. This is not part of the plan."

regarding the ritual:

"...Nah. I don't think I need to get fixed. Thanks for asking, though. It's important to me that I be able to pee standing up."

Probably would go through with the ritual, just to make sure that he did not screw up future history too much. Universal gender-swap is not one of the changes that he is trying to make, so he'd try to iron it out.