The Things I've learned playing a Metamorph

Hermit

Re: The Things I've learned playing a Metamorph

Real friends, the people who truly care about you, won't demand that you change for them.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary observes that sometimes the hardest thing to be, is oneself.

If you get a few useful KS's, such as lockpick tool construction for example, you can morph your index finger into one neat lockpicking set without actually needing to have one to hand... of course you could probably also morph your hand into a hammer and get through the door that way...

People change. You just happen to change faster and more radically than anyone else.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that at least Lucius isn't doing something silly this time like posting "Things I learned playing a metallurgist"

It's pretty easy to convince your GM to let you have "mutiple personalities" as a large psych limit disadvantage!

They might not even all know about each other, which could lead to some interesting situations as the dire wolf turns back into a mild mannered professor...

As amusing as it might seem at the time, imitating the other PC's significant others in rapid succession, setting up various whacky sitcom like encounters and making a photo collection of them naked is NOT good clean fun.

If you don't do your own character illustrations' date=' playing a shapechanger can get expensive.[/quote']

If you don't do your own character illustrations, playing a metamorph is a good excuse to have no character illustrations at all. :winkgrin:

When being really creative with your powers, and having lots of fun doing so, bring your teammates into the fun of things; the other players can often suggest really cool powers for you to buy.

Not a session goes by without one of the other players coming up with a really wierd power idea for Meeb.

Looking stupid but being effective is better than looking good and being useless.

Meeb has some really dumb looking powers (extra leap: Spring form) (area effect on STR: Glom all over) but there is rarely a situation that he can't do something.

Playing less-than-conventional types of metamorphs can get questions asked and comments made. Especially when you explain the concept and it coincides with pop culture.

For example, with my Reinard character in a champions game, I presented the character and explained to the group. Some of the following comments included: (They are not credited for the sake of anonymity. And they are not exact quotes.)

"Does he have a psychological limitation concerning 'shave and a haircut?'" (my answer was "no," for those curious.)

(after explaining the fact that the character is a bronze-age toon originally made for an iron age world, though the game's setting involves random shifts from Silver to Iron and back) "It'd be amusing if the cartoon were the nasty one. Nevermind the guy in the cape, nevermind the sorcerer who summons cars, it's the cartoon who's gonna cut your throat when you least expect it." (obviously, this guy was joking.)