The things I've learned playing a HERO

Adventus

Re: The things I've learned playing a HERO

Try to look good and bear it honorably if you are STUNNED (Again!), go to -20 STUN (Again!), wake up in a death-trap (Again!), listen to the villain ranting (Again!) and taking off with your girl (Again!) who you have to rescue (Again!) after you escaped the death-trap (Again!) while you were not able to get the villain (Again!) so that he can have his Big Comeback (Again!) before lunch.

And don't look too bored as a Hero, cuz it is only Monday 12.30 p.m., the death-trap-recue-villain-got-away-thing is only over by an hour and your girlfriend just went "to powder her nose".

Was that a "Muhahahaha!" from the ladies' room?

Probably.

Hey, it's 12.33 - Big Villain Comeback-Time (Again!).

Actually he is already kinda late, ain't he ..?

How to loosen up and enjoy things, that anything is possible, and to never EVER underestimate the combat value of knockback.

--

Pyre-Archer.

-And I mean 'anything'. Where else can you find a way to make a Stargate SG-1 campaign where the strategy becomes 'Ninja...VANISH!'? And each player does it a different way?

Think twice before buying that cool sounding power+modifier combo.

Like say, Invisibility: Only when nobody's looking.

(I didn't make this one up.)

In mystory men then was a character like that IIRC, worked out rather well in the final assult.

One T2000 player used to joke that his character was so tough, he had a stealth of 10. He didn't sneak around, he just walked normally, telling the baddies that they didn't see him.

Conan the Barbarian has snuck into yet another temple to loot it. As was once said, "You're too big to be a thief", but he goes ahead anyway. Why does this work? Here's how (and try to imagine Conan's parts being done in a bad parody voice).

Conan: Look at me, I am Conan, I am so stealthy.

Guard 1: Hey, is that Conan trying to sneak past us?

Guard 2: Yeah. I think it is.

Guard 1: Oh crap, follow my lead. Gee, everythings quiet here in the west tower.

Guard 2: Ah... Well, that's because all the treasure is in the east tower.

Guard 1: Yeah. It would be a real shame if someone were to steal the treasure in the west tower.

So, Conan goes to the north tower, thinking it's the west tower, slays the elder-god-giant-snake after deflowering the no-longer-virgin-princess and makes off with a precious gem the size of his left nut.

Or, err, something I learned playing a HERO.

You will often run off into a tangent the GM hadn't expected. Try to be patient with them.

Conan the Barbarian

and makes off with a precious gem the size of his left nut.

If you try to make off with something the size of your left nut, don't play a Steriod user

Ah Steriods they ease the pain... and have prob shrunk Arnie's left nut.