The Inconceivables!

Hermit

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Inconceivables!

LOLCatgirl can only speak in nonsensical non-sequiturs while doing something ludicrously cute. "Can I has Cheezburger" is, of course, her battle-cry.

Man-spider has 8 limbs and multiple eyes. You don't want to know where his webbing comes from. He wasn't expecting the experiment to go quite this way, but he's not bitter. Much.

GalacTick is a gigantic purple and blue clad figure with twin boomerangs on his helmet and antennae on his head. None of his powers have a setting below "full power", at least he usually doesn't remember that they do. GalacTick is fascinated by bright and shiny objects, and has an occasional need to eat very large planet-like things for sustenance.

ParaGal has all the powers of a typical Craptonian, a 52HH chest(and a costume that seems to miraculously avoid bursting apart at any moment), and is dumber than a sack of hammers(or, for that matter, GalacTick). speculation is that the safety restraints on her escape pod failed to function, giving her a slight bump when she arrived on Earth.

OvershadowDragon is a very very very large creature, who unfortunately is usually unable to enter most villain complexes or, for that matter, fight on a typical city block. He has gone through a considerable number of child sidekicks, who often seemed to forget he couldn't follow them everywhere. what successes he achieves are generally obscured by sensationalistic headlined like "giant monster terrorizes city!"

Mr. Wonderful is a hero who is largely ineffective in combat with other supers, but he makes up for it in other ways, at least according to his legion of female admirers.

Together, they are...The Ravagers of Justice!

Re: The Inconceivables!

The alien Earth-conquering overlord shipwrecked with the flagship of his space armada. After the ceiling hit his head he turned good. Now he wants to fight evil on Earth.

But how do you tell your 5000 space soldiers that killing, looting and destroying is not part of the deal anymore?

How does the government react, if he sends out his minions to work as police officers in the campaign city?

How do you feed all these minions if you don't have a regular income? They need jobs. And they need housing. The space ship needs to be repaired. They need 10 nuclear reactors.

But the once-evil now-good overlord says everything must be done legally.:D

• 5 years later...

The trick with this was always finding a rock-solid villain stereotype to lampoon. And maybe it's the excess of coffee, but suddenly I'm thinking of the whole Sandman/Rhino schtick, the ground-down, dumb-as-rocks brick, always henching and selling out, the proverbial three-time loser.

So a humble, completely uncalled for tribute to the master:

Stacy: "You sure did a number in the Inconceivable's last mission, Blue Collar, throwing that egghead liberal intellectual, Doctor NPR, around like that. How about a backgrounder?"

Blue Collar: "Here's the short-and-sweet of it, Stacy. I wuz cleaning up toxic waste at a construction site, and some of that goop got on me. I still worked my full shift, and then I..."

Stacy: "Bulldozer. Practically word for word. You know we have Google, now, right?"

Blue Collar: "Ya got me, Stacy. Just not much to tell. Ima man a' few words, Stacy. One of life's losers, a hard-working guy, stretching to feed my family, suddenly given great strength to pound the world for dumpin' on me all those years. Starting with the evil dumpers. Attention must be paid!"

Stacy: "You have a grade school education, and you quote Death of a Salesman? Also, you need to drop every 'g,' if you're going to drop some of them."

Blue Collar: Mumble.

Stacy: "What's that, Blue Collar?"

Blue Collar: ". . . .Not quite grade school. Hadda get my high school equivalency at the community college."

Stacy: "Not GED?"

Stacy: "Speak a little louder for our audience?"

Blue Collar: "GED wasn't enough for my programme."

Stacy: "Could you elaborate on what that programme was?"

Stacy: "We're having some audio problems here."

Blue Collar: "What is this? A takedown? You Katie Couric or something? Sarah, that's my girl!"

Stacy: "Is that why you have an UAW Local 3018 sticker on your truck? What's Local 3018?"

Blue Collar, sounding sheepish: "Tool-and-die makers."

Stacy: "So, how much does a "tool and die maker earn, exactly? Nice truck, by the way."

Blue Collar: "Thanks! Custom build V8 turbo, little extra bump for pullin' the boat or the fifth wheel. Love the toolbox built into the bed! Wait, I mean... I'm just scraping by! Life's ground me down, me and the wife and the kids. 'Cept the kid I'm putting through Columbia. Every week, it's like, send me money."

Stacy: "So, by just scraping by, you mean..."

Blue Collar: "Gotta go! Renovating one of th' rental properties. Fighting evil, I mean. Evil fighting!"