Is it just me? (Or does this mini look like Ripper?)

proditor

Re: Is it just me? (Or does this mini look like Ripper?)

Dang! Nearly an exact match just the way he is, down to the color scheme.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the creator of this figure actually based it on Ripper - the character's illo has been in public circulation for many years.

Yeah... that'd be a WHOLE lot easier to make into Ripper than the Frankenstein job I did using my duplicate DC Hypertime "Parasite" unique and the extra tentacles from my hordes of Brainiac 13's as Omicron Tubing.

Funny thing about Ripper's dangly bits came up in game Saturday night. I think it's safe to say that my players (if not the PC's, too) have at least 2 psych lims pertaining to VIPER's great grape ape.

1) Hatred of Damage Reduction (Common/ Total)

and (here's where the dangly bits come into play...)

2) Pity for Ripper (Uncommon/ Strong.)

Great find on that mini, though.

Hmm... I think I've got that fig. Most of Urban Mammoth's (formerly VOID) stuff is really good for superheroes. I recommend snapping them up when you can find them, since I doubt they'll be available two years from now.

Ripper?

A supervillain in the employ of VIPER. Big, strong, tough, with a really bad temper and a mean streak a mile wide. Mostly a basic brick without much subtlety, but with two distinctive gimmicks: a special attack that involves grabbing an opponent and literally ripping him limb from limb; and a short-term strength augmentation that pumps his STR into the stratosphere.

Here's a link to the Urban Mammoth site where they sell this mini and other VOID stuff

http://www.urbanmammoth.co.uk/acatalog/Syntha_Miniatures.html

There is another Hercules biomech that looks a lil more like Ripper and a Grav Bike that could easily be used for a VIPER Hover Bike.

I really wish we had some pre-painted plastic Champions minis of our very own, like nolgroth I'm no fan of hobbying miniatures to use them in my games.