WWYCD: Daughter Of The Shadow Lord...

Marcus Impudite

Note to all WWYCD regulars: this will be the last WWYCD thread I create featuring the character of Terror'Khan until this coming Halloween (it will probably take me that long to come up with new material for him, and besides I wouldn't want you all to get too jaded ;))

A bunch of cultists recently abducted two students from a posh private school in the campaign city. One of the kids they took was the child of one of your PC's friends or some other appropriate NPC. The other, a girl by the name of Amy, was a new student whom little is known about. Your character and his/her associates track the cultists to their hideout and burst in to thwart whatever foul doings they have planned. Just as the fight is about to begin, Amy gets free, reachs into the collar of her shirt and produces an all too familiar object: a Shadow Gem pendant! Sure enough, Terror'Khan appears and Amy calls out to him, "Daddy!"

After doing one hell of PRE Attack on the entire room, Khan folds his arms, scowls, and says to the cultists, "Gentlemen, and I do use that term loosely, would you kindly explain to me just what your intentions were towards my daughter?"

The cult leader gasps and immediatley begins groveling, "Please forgive us, Oh Darkest of Dark Lords, we did not know the girl was one of your progeny. I assure you we intented no disrespect."

Indeed, Amy looks just like her mother, Amanda, though you imagine she had to have gone through quite an acellerated maturation process to have reached her present life stage in the short span of time there would have been for her to be sired. For those with the appropriate sensory powers, Amy reads as just an ordinary human child, though it is concievable that Khan has merely mask his daughter's true signature somehow. WWYCD?

Re: WWYCD: Daughter Of The Shadow Lord...

Outsider: "Ah crap, there's another me out there." He's basically Wilbur Whateley as a superhero, and he's just run into another rapidly-growing demon/human hybrid. Quite possibly end up undesirably attracting Terror'khan's attention and becoming a desirable suitor for his daughter.

Most of the others: Grab the friend and run.

Scarface (the only other reasonably interesting exception to the general rule, really): Grab both girls, or at least the friend and off the half-demon girl, and run. Let's face it, the guy's barely a hero by any standards aside from point value - he's a displaced DC character more than anything else, the sort who listens to the Harbinger of Justice and chastises him for being "too soft."

And yes. I realize he would probably die as a result.

Tao: Assuming K'han wasn't wanted on any pressing charges, she would move on to arrest/detain the cultist of kiddnapping, assault, attempted murder and take the girls back to the proper authorities. This last bit would probably put her at odds with demon.

Shidoku: Take the friend and butt out. It looks like K'khan could handle this as far as his daughter goes this magic **** creeps her right out.

Eve's reaction would be much like Tao's except she would try to talk to K'han's daughter and find out of her daddy was nice to her and she wanted to go with him or come back with her and her team.

Ivy would just try to talk Khan down and bring the situation to a hopefully peaceful end since everyone seems to more or less on the same side in this situation. She's still suspicious about the demon's motives (exactly why did he daughter age so quickly? Does she have to reach a certain physical age for some ritual or something?) but now isn't the time to resolve that.

Style - Take a careful look at the auras of all involved to discover if this is a setup. If it isn't, note that he now knows the daughter of the Shadow Lord, and how to find her. Prepare to defend himself and the girls in case the SHadowlord attacks or allies himself with the cultists, otherwise leave with the girls (if the daughter chooses to come along). Style knows better than most that a child can't be blamed for the crimes of a parent.

Flesh Gordon -

Flesh -"You never told me he was your father. Hm. I guess that explains the wing buds."

Amy -"Flesh!"

Shadowlord - "What!?!"

Flesh - "I see it now, you know? Your mom looked like you. Very good looking woman. Didn't have the little wing buds, though."

Shadowlord - "WHAT!?!"

I'm not clear:

Are you asking WWMCD if she were in Khan's place, or if she were the other character with Khan ?

Edit:

If my character was not Khan, she would butt out; take Amy's friend with her and leave. This is a family matter.

Your second assumption was the correct one.

Goblyn: While continuing to do my thing against the cultists, I would explain to the Dark Lord that I am here as a rescue party, and not -with- the cultists responsible for abducting his daughter. Goblyn, being the teen that he is, would desperately hope that Khan could not read his thoughts as to his intentions towards his daughter for Prom Night.

(The Gob-ster obviously is out of his league when it comes to dark and sinister uber-magic-overlords; and will try to bide his time, beating up the cultists he can deal with and thus giving Revenant the time to show up to deal with the big guy).

American Eagle: Much like Goblyn, continues to beat up cultists. He still intends to save the captives, despite the fact that one is the spawn of evil (it's what a hero does!). If the Khan does not see it this way... well the idiot can deal with Ankhesen'Isis (who Nathan has on speed dial).

Flesh Gordon -

Flesh -"You never told me he was your father. Hm. I guess that explains the wing buds."

Amy -"Flesh!"

Shadowlord - "What!?!"

Flesh - "I see it now, you know? Your mom looked like you. Very good looking woman. Didn't have the little wing buds, though."

Shadowlord - "WHAT!?!"

LOL

Well, Terminus has no particular beef with Terror'Khan, so he'd just go about arresting the cultists and saving the other girl. He'd probably ask if Khan wants to take Amy home or does he want Terminus to do it? Provided Khan isn't doing something harmful, Terminus isn't going to be judgemental about his family affairs.

Practically all of my characters would just grab the other kid and butt out, even Wormhole would be hopelessly out of his depth against a villain as powerful as the Shadowlord. Besides, what Khan is probably about to do to those cultist will be punishment enough for them.

Ms Mystic would make sure the girls are safe and if Amy wanted to return to the school she would take her there when she returned the other girl. She would then try to talk to the Shadow Lord in letting her handle things and take the occultists into custody. If that didn’t work and she would actually let the Shadow Lord handle situation and try to make sure it ends up looking like he owes her a favor. Ms Mystic will use anyone to help her protect the Earth.

Savage would ask if he needed any help beating up the occultists.