Classifying Supers

Weylan

We're about to crank up a campaign. In it, all supers are required to register. The US has pretty much banned paranormal activity unless the government is in charge; other countries may be a little looser with their policies.

It seemed logical that there would be a standard classification system as part of the registration. I looked all over but couldn't find one that would work for me. Ended up making one up whole cloth, but would still like to know if there is such a beast in the books, or if a gamer has already tackled the problem.

What we came up with is a three part code. The 1st is general power level, represented by a Greek letter (running from Alpha, "augmentations minor and not considered appreciably useful" to Theta, "Augmentations potentially acts on a global scale."), followed by a letter code for power type (ex: T for tranformative, S for superhuman movement (high speed, teleport, flight) and so on), and a number for legal status (from 0 -- no criminal record -- to 4 -- transfelony (ex: genocide)). The PCs will probably be Betas. So the ninja-ish guy who can turn invisible in shadows might be a Beta-C-0 ("augmentation near human maxima, or simulate use of tools; Exceptional physical combat abilities [martial arts, stealth]; No criminal record").

That's what we have so far, but I'm certainly open to improvement ideas from you all. What have folks been using?

PS, I'll probably be away from the computer from tomorrow afternoon until Sunday, so don't be annoyed if I don't get back on here this week.

Re: Classifying Supers

The reason Alpha is at the low end is that the folks developing it don't know what the high end could be. They've never recorded a Theta, but it could happen. For all they knew, paranormals could evolve to the point where there's a universe-altering Omega.

The reason Alpha is at the low end is that the folks developing it don't know what the high end could be. They've never recorded a Theta' date=' but it could happen. For all they knew, paranormals could evolve to the point where there's a universe-altering Omega.[/quote']

After all, it happened in Dr Who...

Here is my supers world classification system... UNTIL uses this in my games.

KIRBY/ELLIS MH II

Classifications:

Class 1: No metahuman or paranormal abilities, but has access to top of the line conventional equipment of military weapons grade. Threat Level (TL): Delta

Class 2: No metahuman or paranormal abilities, but has access to prototypical, extra-terrestrial, temporally displaced or otherwise unique technology, often higher than military weapons grade. TL: Gamma and higher.

Class 3: Adept. No determinable metahuman or paranormal abilities, but exhibits physical capabilities beyond human norms. TL: Delta and higher.

Class 4: Enhanced Human. Normal human who has incorporated biological or cybernetic technology into their physical body, enabling superhuman capabilities. TL: Delta and higher.

Class 5: Metahuman, Type I. Determined superior human-base physiology, usually the result of natural chaos mutation, or genetic manipulation. TL: Delta and higher.

Class 6: Metahuman, Type II. Radical genetic alteration, resulting in panmorphic physiological changes beyond human range, i.e. claws, wings, tails, metal skin, etc.

TL: Delta and higher.

Class 7: Paranormal, Type I. Abilities beyond enhanced physiology, incorporating energy manipulation of base levels of the electromagnetic spectrum. TL: Gamma and higher.

Class 8: Paranormal, Type II. Subcategories: Psionic, Telekinetic, and Psychic. Abilities not the result of enhanced physiology*, but instead an expansion of mental energies that are natural in all biological brains. The energies can be used to produce paranormal effects found in other Classifications, as well as unique effects that act directly upon other biological brain systems. TL: Delta and higher.

(* Enhanced physiology may accompany Class 8 abilities, but are not the source of those powers.)

Class 9: Mystic. Abilities undefined, but characterized by non-Euclidean geometry, non-Einsteinian physics, chaotic increases in strange attractors, and phase shifts in the energy spectrum that have defied explanation. Possibly related to Para-Type II abilities. Theoretically, many of these effects could be explained by the harnessing of fifth dimensional energies (outside of space/time), but such energies are thought to be fundamentally unknowable to three-dimensional consciousness. TL: Delta and higher.

Class 10: Omni. Abilities a combination of various previous classifications, often combining to result in unique abilities, very often of the highest power levels. TL: Beta and higher.

Threat Levels:

Alpha: Effectively immune to civilian/police force. Can resist military force with 90% effectiveness. Inflicts 50+% damage to normal individuals or structures on geographic scales, and/or with 99% efficiency.

Beta: Able to resist civilian/police force at 90% effectiveness. Can resist military force with 60% effectiveness. Inflicts 50+% damage to normal individuals or structures at metropolitan scales, and/or with 80% efficiency.

Gamma: Able to resist civilian/police force at 75% effectiveness. Can resist military force with 40% effectiveness. Inflicts 50+% damage to normal individuals/structures on a community level, and/or with 60% efficiency.

Delta: Able to resist civilian/police force at 50% effectiveness. Inflicts 50+% damage to normal individuals and/or structures on a personal scale, and/or with 40% efficiency.

Omega: Effectively immune to all conventional force. Inflicts 75+% damage to normal individuals/structures on a global scale, and/or with 99% efficiency.

I see one problem right off.

Your letter code for power type? Many characters may qualify for more than one letter code. No problem if you don't mind some codes running to more than 3 spaces.

Lucius Alexander

Did the palindromedary eat my tagline?

I see one problem right off.

Your letter code for power type? Many characters may qualify for more than one letter code. No problem if you don't mind some codes running to more than 3 spaces.

Good point. They can in fact run more than 3 spaces if necessary; that was one reason only the power types were western letters, so there wouldn't be confusion if someone was a Gamma-ECM-3. Government being what it is, it is possible ratings may not take into account minor powers, just the obvious or dangerous ones.

Also, a number of paras (mostly unregistered) a Zed in one or more slots, Z being "unknown". My character at this point would be a triple-zed since the government only suspects that there is a para in town.

KIRBY/ELLIS

Looks cool. I've printed it out so I can study it over the weekend.

I did something like this with a psychic classification system. For various historical reasons, Category F was used for "We don't have a category for this", leading to various cracks about "You don't want him - he flunked the psych test!"

Because each classification also had a number magnitude, a generalist could wind up with something reminiscent of those Geek Codes folks used to drop into their .sigs.

KIRBY/ELLIS MH II

Classifications:

Class 1: No metahuman or paranormal abilities, but has access to top of the line conventional equipment of military weapons grade. Threat Level (TL): Delta

Class 2: No metahuman or paranormal abilities, but has access to prototypical, extra-terrestrial, temporally displaced or otherwise unique technology, often higher than military weapons grade. TL: Gamma and higher.

Class 3: Adept. No determinable metahuman or paranormal abilities, but exhibits physical capabilities beyond human norms. TL: Delta and higher.

Class 4: Enhanced Human. Normal human who has incorporated biological or cybernetic technology into their physical body, enabling superhuman capabilities. TL: Delta and higher.

Class 5: Metahuman, Type I. Determined superior human-base physiology, usually the result of natural chaos mutation, or genetic manipulation. TL: Delta and higher.

Class 6: Metahuman, Type II. Radical genetic alteration, resulting in panmorphic physiological changes beyond human range, i.e. claws, wings, tails, metal skin, etc.

Class 7: Paranormal, Type I. Abilities beyond enhanced physiology, incorporating energy manipulation of base levels of the electromagnetic spectrum. TL: Gamma and higher.

Class 8: Paranormal, Type II. Subcategories: Psionic, Telekinetic, and Psychic. Abilities not the result of enhanced physiology*, but instead an expansion of mental energies that are natural in all biological brains. The energies can be used to produce paranormal effects found in other Classifications, as well as unique effects that act directly upon other biological brain systems. TL: Delta and higher.

(* Enhanced physiology may accompany Class 8 abilities, but are not the source of those powers.)

Class 9: Mystic. Abilities undefined, but characterized by non-Euclidean geometry, non-Einsteinian physics, chaotic increases in strange attractors, and phase shifts in the energy spectrum that have defied explanation. Possibly related to Para-Type II abilities. Theoretically, many of these effects could be explained by the harnessing of fifth dimensional energies (outside of space/time), but such energies are thought to be fundamentally unknowable to three-dimensional consciousness. TL: Delta and higher.

Class 10: Omni. Abilities a combination of various previous classifications, often combining to result in unique abilities, very often of the highest power levels. TL: Beta and higher.

Threat Levels:

Alpha: Effectively immune to civilian/police force. Can resist military force with 90% effectiveness. Inflicts 50+% damage to normal individuals or structures on geographic scales, and/or with 99% efficiency.

Beta: Able to resist civilian/police force at 90% effectiveness. Can resist military force with 60% effectiveness. Inflicts 50+% damage to normal individuals or structures at metropolitan scales, and/or with 80% efficiency.

Gamma: Able to resist civilian/police force at 75% effectiveness. Can resist military force with 40% effectiveness. Inflicts 50+% damage to normal individuals/structures on a community level, and/or with 60% efficiency.

Delta: Able to resist civilian/police force at 50% effectiveness. Inflicts 50+% damage to normal individuals and/or structures on a personal scale, and/or with 40% efficiency.

Omega: Effectively immune to all conventional force. Inflicts 75+% damage to normal individuals/structures on a global scale, and/or with 99% efficiency.

Very cool. Have you posted this previously?

My system is an accumulation of points. (tongue in cheek)

1pt - Costume

+1pt - cape

+1pt - good chest emblem

+1pt - mask/helmet

+1pt - costume is a battlesuit/has inherent weapons

1pt - Code-name ("Taserman" instead of "Hank Wilson")

+1pt - code-name includes a title, like "Doctor" or "Professor" or " - King"

+1pt (each) - well known by other names, like "Man of Tomorrow", "Dark Knight", "Master of Magnetism"

1pt - Has own country and/or satellite/island/asteroid/arctic base

+1pt - It has one or more big death rays

+1pt - It's really more of a planet than a country (ie Apokolips, etc)

KIRBY/ELLIS MH II

Classifications:

Threat Levels:

Excellent. I mean to re-utilize it. Kudos. "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to RDU Neil again".

KIRBY/ELLIS

I perused it; it seems to be a good setup. In general, it won't work for our game because while powers vary, they are all (as far as researchers can tell) the result of mutation -- genes switched on due to a specific band of radiation -- so aliens, mystic forces and such wouldn't enter their calculations. However, I talked with the GM and we likely will use your idea of a Threat Level to represent a combination of dangerousness of powers and percieved willingness to use it.

Again, this classification is strictly in-setting, so it isn't as useful for gamers as the CKC system.

For a story involving a world where superhumans had just shown up recently, I had the US government using a fairly simple system.

Green: Powers not considered a threat to the public, or known "good guy."

Green Plus: Works for the government.

Amber: Powers are a potential threat to the public, or unknown.

Amber Plus: As above, but generally considered a "good guy."

Amber Minus: As above, but generally considered a "bad guy," or has known anti-social tendencies.

Red: Known threat to the public and/or government.

The government hadn't had enough time or experimental data at that point to get into official power level categories.

I perused it; it seems to be a good setup. In general, it won't work for our game because while powers vary, they are all (as far as researchers can tell) the result of mutation -- genes switched on due to a specific band of radiation -- so aliens, mystic forces and such wouldn't enter their calculations. However, I talked with the GM and we likely will use your idea of a Threat Level to represent a combination of dangerousness of powers and percieved willingness to use it.

Again, this classification is strictly in-setting, so it isn't as useful for gamers as the CKC system.

Oh the use of this is TOTALLY setting specific. Use and manipulate or discard it at your convenience. It was purely flavor for my campaign... though the PCs had some pride in hitting Alpha Level. In my world those are pretty few and far between... Omega level are extremely rare. Most 300 point PCs are Gamma or Delta... hitting Beta means you hit the big time, let alone Alpha.

Also, while "context of use" was important, the pure level of demonstrated power was all that mattered in my world. Superman (if he existed in the RDU) would have been an Class 10 - Omega level Omni... no matter how nice he tried to be.

Also, I tried to have UNTIL or other agencies base their estimates on observed/tested/analyzed use of powers. What the NPCs knew, not what the GM knew. In some cases a rare use of extreme power might get a super OVER categorized in threat level... while a super who had never publicly demonstrated their full power could well be under estimated.

Also, groups were rated aside from their members. While the Vanguard was a bunch of high level Betas (pushing Alpha) the team together was Omega threat level, easily.

Essentially it was highly subjective... and intentionally so... as all these types of pigeon-hole classification systems are. (In real life as well as our games.)

I use a scale in my Meta Storm campaign that is based on power and flexibility. Specific power types would then be noted in the Metahuman's file.

It goes like this:

Power Definition

Omega ≈ 800 tons force in primary ability, or more.

Alpha ≈ 200 tons force in primary ability.

Beta ≈ 50 tons force in primary ability.

Gamma ≈ 13 tons force in primary ability.

Delta ≈ 3 tons force in primary ability.

Epsilon ≈ 1,500 lbs force in primary ability.

Theta ≈ 400 lbs force in primary ability.

Class Definition

3 Severely restricted (1 form/type of usage)

2 Heavily restricted (≈ 2-3 forms/types)

1 Restricted (≈ 3-4 forms/types of usage)

0 Lightly restricted (≈ 4-5 forms/types)

Prime No restrictions noted.

Thus, a raw brick, who didn't have more than one trick but had hulk like strength, would be an Omega 3, while the Smart Hulk would be an Omega Prime - very dangerous, you go first.

In The UNTIL Super Powers Database, the pictures all had a framework. Upon the framework was (amid other matters) a "Martinez Scale" rating.

Was this an actual system, the details worked out? Or were the numbers merely chosen at random?

If there is such a system, it would be useful to know the details thereof.

Please note: I am not saying I believe the United Nations may have a scale for ranking metahumans. I am not delusional. :D

I am asking if Hero Games, or its writers (or perhaps only Steven Long) have a system for ranking "metahumans." ;)

Thanks, everybody, for the comments and suggestions so far. Here is the link for the draft of the classification:the Masters Paranormal Classification System.

The cliff notes version of the setting: a secret nuclear reaction experiment in the late 1930s released a type of radiation that activated a dormant set of genes in a number of individuals, inducing superpowers. In the 90s, the Owen Parr Act banned the use of superpowers in the US; paranormals are required to register and either wear tracking implants or take a vaccine which shuts down the relevant genes.

Sorry if the page has format glitches; the serve is fritzing and I won't be able to reload until the end of the week.

Ok I use this system in the New Defenders Universe that I share with others.

Primary Power Types:

P=physicals

E=elementals

MC=mechanicals; both power armor and artificial life forms

ME=mentalist

ET=non-terran

Secondary Power Types: (same as above but in lower case letters, not listing all types)

b=brute; superhuman strength

d=durable; high defenses

e=earth elemental

a=air elemental

w=water elemental

f=fire elemental

l=electric elemental

s=sonic elemental

g=gravity elemental

m=magnetic elemental

p=psionic

Power Level:

0.0=base line human, no powers

0.5=some abilities, 5AP powers - mostly alterations to basic human form

1.0=some abilities, 10AP powers - some useful powers

This would be what a C in my game would look like. She was a former artificial life form, now human.

When she was a Android, name Cosmic Blue

MCMEplbd6.0 - Mechanical/Mentalist/Psionic/Electric/Brute/Durable with 60 AP powers.

Now as an Android made flesh, name Electric Blue

PEldb6.0 - Physical/Elemental/Electric/Durable/Brute with 60 AP powers.

Character Name: Electric Blue

Alternate Identities: Racheale Kira Strikes

Player Name: WVC

CHARACTERISTICS

Val Char Base Points Total Roll Notes

25 STR 10 15 45 18- HTH Damage 9d6 END [0]

18 DEX 10 24 23 14- OCV 8 DCV 8

15 CON 10 10 25 14-

15 BODY 10 10 15 12-

18 INT 10 8 18 13- PER Roll 13-

18 EGO 10 16 18 13- ECV: 6

18 PRE 10 8 18 13- PRE Attack: 3 1/2d6

18 COM 10 4 18 13-

10 PD 9 1 25 25 PD (20 rPD)

10 ED 5 5 25 25 ED (20 rED)

4 SPD 3.3 7 6 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

19 REC 14 10 25

55 END 50 3 60

51 STUN 51 0 60

6" Running 6 0 6"

4" Swimming 2 2 4"

10" Leaping 9 1 10" 124 Total Characteristics Points

CHARACTER IMAGE

"I am the Chaos of the Machine"

EXPERIENCE POINTS

Total earned: 225

Spent: 223

Unspent: 2

Base Points: 150

Disad Points: 125

Total Points: 498

MOVEMENT

Type Total

Run (6) 6"

Swim (2) 4"

H. Leap (9") 10"

V. Leap (5") 5"

DEFENSES

Type Amount

Physical Defense 25

Res. Phys. Defense 20

Energy Defense 25

Res. Energy Defense 20

Mental Defense 8

Power Defense 8

COMBAT INFORMATION

OCV: 8 DCV: 8

Combat Skill Levels:

COMBAT MANEUVERS

Maneuver Phase OCV DCV Effect

Basic Shot 1/2 +0 +0 Strike, +2 DC

Counterstrike 1/2 +2 +2 11d6 Strike, Must Follow Block

Defensive Block 1/2 +1 +3 Block, Abort

Defensive Shot 1/2 -1 +2 Strike

Flying Dodge 1/2 -- +4 Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove

Quick Shot 1/2 +1 +0 Strike, +2 DC

Passing Strike 1/2 +1 +0 9d6 +v/5; FMove

RANGE MODIFIERS

Range 0-4 5-8 9-16 17-32 33-64 65-128

RMOD 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

DISADVANTAGES

Cost Disadvantage

20 Hunted: Defenders 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Watching)

15 Hunted: EDF 11- (Mo Pow, NCI, Watching)

10 Distinctive Features: Model Good Looks (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Distinctive Features: hair that changes color from bright blue to white that moves from the top to the bottom and repeats (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Psychological Limitation: moral code (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: Loves humanity, will protect the good, punish the bad (Protective of Innocents) (Common, Strong)

15 Psychological Limitation: is learning to be a human (Common, Strong)

5 Reputation: former Artifical Life Form created by Overdrive, now human daughter of OD, 8- (Extreme; Known Only To A Small Group)

15 Social Limitation: former Artifical Life-Form (Frequently, Major)

125 Total Disadvantages Cost

SKILLS

Cost Name

3 Acrobatics 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 Combat Driving 14-

3 Combat Piloting 14-

11 Computer Programming (Computer Networks, Personal Computers, Artificial Intelligence, Infiltration, Mainframes and Supercomputers, Military Computers) 13-

3 Demolitions 13-

6 Electronics (Communications Systems, Medical Sensors, Metal Detectors, Radar, Sonar) 13-

3 Inventor 13-

3 KS: compter tech 13-

3 Mechanics 13-

4 Navigation (Air, Land, Marine) 13-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Power 13-

3 SS: Compter Engineering 13-

3 SS: computer science 13-

3 Security Systems 13-

3 Stealth 14-

10 Systems Operation (Communications Systems, Environmental Systems, Medical Systems, Air/Space Traffic Control Systems, Radar, Sensor Jamming Equipment, Sonar) 13-

9 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Helicopters, Large Planes, One-Wheeled Muscle-Powered Ground Vehicles, Small Military Ships, Small Motorized Boats, Small Planes, Snowmobiles, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Muscle-Powered Ground Vehicles

82 Total Skills Cost

PERKS

Cost Name

0 Custom Perk: Advanced Tech

0 Custom Perk: Harvey: Computer Link

10 Money: Wealthy

10 Total Perks Cost

TALENTS

Cost Name

3 Absolute Time Sense

9 Ambidexterity (no Off Hand penalty)

3 Absolute Range Sense

3 Bump Of Direction

5 Eidetic Memory

14 Fearless

3 Lightning Calculator

3 Lightning Reflexes: +2 DEX to act first with All Actions

3 Lightsleep

10 Speed Reading (x10,000)

15 Skill Master (+3 with all Skills based on INT)

21 Universal Translator 14-

92 Total Talents Cost

POWERS

Cost Power END

10 Electric Blue: Elemental Control, 50-point powers, (25 Active Points); all slots Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2)

11 1) Teleportation: 4", No Relative Velocity, Position Shift, MegaScale (1" = 10,000 km; +1 1/4) (52 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) 5

10 2) Mind Link: , Machine and Additional Class of Minds: Humans classes of minds, Specific Group of Minds, Any distance, No LOS Needed, Number of Minds (x8) (50 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) 0

10 3) Flight: 20", Position Shift, x4 Noncombat (50 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) 5

10 4) HRRP: (Radio Group), Concealed (-7 with PER Rolls), Discriminatory, Analyze, Rapid: x100, Targeting, Tracking (50 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) 0

10 5) Spatial Awareness: (Unusual Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Range, Rapid: x10 (45 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) 0

10 6) Nightvision: , Discriminatory, Analyze, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees), Rapid: x1000, Tracking (34 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) 0

24 Electric Blue: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); all slots Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2)

1u 1) Big Club: HA +6d6 (30 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 3

1u 2) Big Sword: HKA 2d6 (4d6 w/STR) (30 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) 3

2u 3) Big Gun #1: EB 12d6 (60 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) 6

2u 4) Big Gun #2: RKA 4d6 (60 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) 6

2u 5) TK Hand: Telekinesis (25 STR), Affects Porous, Fine Manipulation (58 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) 6

Told you it was Big!

1 1) I said it was a Big Club!: Stretching 1" (5 Active Points); Conditional Power must meditate one hour per day (-1 1/2), Linked (Big Club; Lesser Power can only be used when character uses greater Power at full value; -3/4), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4) 1

1 2) I said it was Big Sword!: Stretching 1" (5 Active Points); Conditional Power must meditate one hour per day (-1 1/2), Linked (Big Sword; Lesser Power can only be used when character uses greater Power at full value; -3/4), no Noncombat Stretching (-1/4) 1

Electric Blue, all slots Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2)

22 1) Life Support: (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: Alcohol; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week), Inherent (+1/4) (56 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) 0

2 2) Mental Defense: (8 points total), Inherent (+1/4) (6 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) 0

4 3) Flash Defence: Sight Group (8 points), Inherent (+1/4) (10 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) 0

4 4) Power Defense: (8 points), Inherent (+1/4) (10 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) 0

16 5) Damage Resistance: (20 PD/20 ED/8 Mental Def./8 Flash Def./8 Power Def.), Inherent (+1/4) (40 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) 0

16 6) Healing: BODY 1d6+1 (standard effect: 4 points), Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Persistent (+1/2), Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates, Character does not control activation of personal Trigger; +3/4) (49 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2), Self Only (-1/2) 0

7 7) +20 STR, Difficult To Dispel (x2 Active Points; +1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (54 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)

-19 8) +5 DEX, Difficult To Dispel (x2 Active Points; +1/4) (32 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)

-5 9) +10 CON, Difficult To Dispel (x2 Active Points; +1/4) (32 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)

2 10) +15 PD, Difficult To Dispel (x2 Active Points; +1/4) (21 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)

2 11) +15 ED, Difficult To Dispel (x2 Active Points; +1/4) (21 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)

-10 12) +2 SPD, Difficult To Dispel (x2 Active Points; +1/4) (35 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)

-13 13) +6 REC, Difficult To Dispel (x2 Active Points; +1/4) (24 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)

-12 14) +5 END, Difficult To Dispel (x2 Active Points; +1/4) (10 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)

-21 15) +9 STUN, Difficult To Dispel (x2 Active Points; +1/4) (24 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)

15 16) Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%, Inherent (+1/4) (37 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) 0

15 17) Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50%, Inherent (+1/4) (37 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) 0

10 18) Adjustment Damage Reduction, 50%, Inherent (+1/4) (25 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectivenessif does not meditate for one hour aday (-1 1/2) 0

Other

3 1) Life Support (Longevity: 800 Years) 0

2 2) Places I can always go.: Teleportation: Fixed Location (2 Locations)

Notes: New Fresco, above the building that PsiCat uses as HQ. The Defenders School, outside the school at 25' above ground. 0

5 3) The Car: Teleportation: Floating Fixed Location (1 Locations)

Notes: For now the Surbrian 0

150 Total Powers Cost

MARTIAL ARTS MANEUVERS

Cost Maneuver

4 Basic Shot: 1/2 Phase, +0 OCV, +0 DCV, Range +2, Strike, +2 DC

4 Counterstrike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, 11d6 Strike, Must Follow Block

5 Defensive Block: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Block, Abort

3 Defensive Shot: 1/2 Phase, -1 OCV, +2 DCV, Range +0, Strike

5 Flying Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove

4 Quick Shot: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, Range +0, Strike, +2 DC

5 Passing Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, 9d6 +v/5; FMove

10 Weapon Element: Blades, Electron Beam Weapons, Empty Hand, Ion Blasters, Laser Pistols, Laser Rifles, Off Hand, Particle Guns, Plasma Guns, Staffs

40 Total Martial Arts Cost

APPEARANCE

Hair Color: Electric Blue

Eye Color: Electric Red

Height: 1.78 m

Weight: 105.00 kg

Description:

attrictive female with perfect features, no scar's, no blemishes

BACKGROUND

Artifical Life Form created by Overdrive, now a 'human being'. Kira was once a android created by the man that all thought was Jon-Luc Strikes a.k.a. Overdrive, but in reality a clone that was also a member of the Shadow's. She was a prototype for Overdrive that ended up becoming a true human being, due to damage and healing from a 'magical' being.

POWERS/TACTICS

Semi-Brick with ranged attacks.

PERSONALITY/MOTIVATION

Kira has a need to protect good human's. She was also created with a very strog code of conduct, a moral code that she will follow.

Character created with Hero Designer (version 2.42)

Character Name: Cosmic Blue

Alternate Identities: Kira

CHARACTERISTICS

Val Char Base Points Total Roll Notes

15 STR 10 5 50 19- HTH Damage 10d6 END [10]

18 DEX 10 24 23 14- OCV 8 DCV 8

15 CON 10 10 25 14-

11 BODY 10 2 20 13-

18 INT 10 8 18 13- PER Roll 13-

18 EGO 10 16 23 14- ECV: 8

14 PRE 10 4 14 12- PRE Attack: 2 1/2d6

18 COM 10 4 18 13-

10 PD 10 0 35 35 PD (15 rPD)

5 ED 5 0 35 35 ED (15 rED)

6 SPD 3.3 27 6 Phases: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12

15 REC 15 0 15

55 END 50 3 70

64 STUN 59 5 70

6" Running 6 0 6"

3" Swimming 2 1 3"

10" Leaping 10 0 10" 109 Total Characteristics Points

CHARACTER IMAGE

"I am the Ghost in the Machine"

EXPERIENCE POINTS

Total earned: 125

Spent: 125

Unspent: 0

Base Points: 125

Disad Points: 125

Total Points: 375

MOVEMENT

Type Total

Run (6) 6"

Swim (2) 3"

H. Leap (10") 10"

V. Leap (5") 5"

DEFENSES

Type Amount

Physical Defense 35

Res. Phys. Defense 15

Energy Defense 35

Res. Energy Defense 15

Mental Defense 20

Power Defense 0

COMBAT INFORMATION

OCV: 8 DCV: 8

Combat Skill Levels:

COMBAT MANEUVERS

Maneuver Phase OCV DCV Effect

Counterstrike 1/2 +2 +2 12d6 Strike, Must Follow Block

Defensive Block 1/2 +1 +3 Block, Abort

Flying Dodge 1/2 -- +4 Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove

Passing Strike 1/2 +1 +0 10d6 +v/5; FMove

RANGE MODIFIERS

Range 0-4 5-8 9-16 17-32 33-64 65-128

RMOD 0 -2 -4 -6 -8 -10

DISADVANTAGES

Cost Disadvantage

25 Hunted: Knight's of Purity 11- (Mo Pow, PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find, Harshly Punish)

15 Distinctive Features: Artifical Life-Form (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

15 Distinctive Features: electric blue hair (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

20 Psychological Limitation: moral code (Common, Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Loyal to Overdrive (Common, Strong)

10 Psychological Limitation: has little understanding of human behavior (Common, Moderate)

10 Reputation: Artifical Life Form created by Overdrive, 11- (Extreme; Known Only To A Small Group)

15 Social Limitation: Artifical Life-Form (Frequently, Major)

125 Total Disadvantages Cost

SKILLS

Cost Name

4 SS: Compter Engineering 14-

4 SS: computer science 14-

3 Combat Driving 14-

3 Combat Piloting 14-

11 Computer Programming (Computer Networks, Personal Computers, Artificial Intelligence, Infiltration, Mainframes and Supercomputers, Military Computers) 13-

3 Demolitions 13-

3 Electronics 13-

3 Inventor 13-

5 KS: compter tech 15-

3 Mechanics 13-

4 Navigation (Air, Land, Marine) 13-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Security Systems 13-

3 Stealth 14-

10 Systems Operation (Communications Systems, Environmental Systems, Medical Systems, Air/Space Traffic Control Systems, Radar, Sensor Jamming Equipment, Sonar) 13-

13 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Agricultural & Construction Vehicles, Combat Aircraft, Helicopters, One-Wheeled Muscle-Powered Ground Vehicles, Railed Vehicles, Small Military Ships, Small Motorized Boats, Small Planes, Snowmobiles, Tracked Military Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Muscle-Powered Ground Vehicles, Wheeled Military Vehicles

78 Total Skills Cost

PERKS

Cost Name

10 Money: Wealthy

10 Total Perks Cost

TALENTS

Cost Name

3 Absolute Time Sense

3 Ambidexterity (-2 Off Hand penalty)

3 Absolute Range Sense

3 Bump Of Direction

5 Eidetic Memory

3 Lightning Calculator

3 Lightning Reflexes: +2 DEX to act first with All Actions

4 Speed Reading (x10)

22 Universal Translator 15-

49 Total Talents Cost

POWERS

Cost Power END

7 Ghost in the Machine: Elemental Control, 60-point powers, (30 Active Points); all slots Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2)

7 1) Ego Attack 6d6 (Machine class of minds) (60 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2), Gestures (-1/4) 6

7 2) Mental Illusions 12d6 (Machine class of minds) (60 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2) 6

7 3) Mind Scan 12d6 (Machine class of minds) (60 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2) 6

7 4) Mind Link , Machine and Additional Class of Minds: humans classes of minds, Specific Group of Minds, Any distance, No LOS Needed, Number of Minds (x8) (50 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2) 0

7 5) Desolidification (affected by magic), Costs END Only To Activate (+1/4) (50 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2) 4

7 6) Teleportation 3", No Relative Velocity, Position Shift, x2 Increased Mass, MegaScale (1" = 1,000 km; +1), Can Be Scaled Down 1" = 1km (+1/4) (58 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2) 6

15 Ghost in the Machine: Multipower, 60-point reserve, (60 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2); all slots Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2)

2u 1) EB 12d6 (60 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2) 6

2u 2) HA +12d6 (60 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2), Hand-To-Hand Attack (-1/2) 6

2u 3) HKA 4d6 (7d6+1 w/STR) (60 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2) 6

2u 4) RKA 4d6 (60 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2) 6

2u 5) Mind Control 12d6 (Machine class of minds) (60 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2) 6

2u 6) Telekinesis (30 STR), Fine Manipulation (55 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2) 5

Ghost in the Machine, all slots Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2)

26 1) LS (Eating: Character does not eat; Immunity All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Immunity All terrestrial poisons and chemical warfare agents; Immunity: Alcohol; Longevity: 800 Years; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character does not sleep), Inherent (+1/4) (65 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2) 0

8 2) Endurance Reserve (75 END, 25 REC) (32 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2) 0

4 3) Mental Defense (20 points total) (15 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2) 0

9 4) +35 STR (35 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2) 7

4 5) +5 DEX (15 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2)

5 6) +10 CON (20 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2)

-12 7) +9 BODY (18 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)

2 8) +5 EGO (10 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2)

4 9) Damage Resistance (15 PD/15 ED) (15 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2) 0

-1 10) +25 PD (25 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)

3 11) +30 ED (30 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2), Visible (-1/4), OIHID (-1/4) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)

-19 12) +15 END (8 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic)

1 13) +6 STUN (6 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (super intense Magnetic Fields; -1 1/2), Limited Power Power loses about two-thirds of its effectiveness (if does not recharge for one hour, once per week; -1 1/2)

110 Total Powers Cost

MARTIAL ARTS MANEUVERS

Cost Maneuver

4 Counterstrike: 1/2 Phase, +2 OCV, +2 DCV, 12d6 Strike, Must Follow Block

5 Defensive Block: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +3 DCV, Block, Abort

5 Flying Dodge: 1/2 Phase, -- OCV, +4 DCV, Dodge All Attacks, Abort; FMove

5 Passing Strike: 1/2 Phase, +1 OCV, +0 DCV, 10d6 +v/5; FMove

19 Total Martial Arts Cost

APPEARANCE

Hair Color: Electric Blue

Eye Color: Electric Blue

Height: 1.70 m

Weight: 100.00 kg

Description:

attrictive female with perfect features, no scar's, no blemishes

BACKGROUND

ALF created by Overdrive

POWERS/TACTICS

machine psionic

PERSONALITY/MOTIVATION

protect good humans

Character created with Hero Designer (version 2.42)