Villainous Matchmaking!

Weldun

Re: Villainous Matchmaking!

Interestingly' date=' Mirage has Utility as a Professional Rival in her Disadvantages, and one of her plot seeds in CKC has them in a friendly contest to see who can humiliate the most superheroes. It shouldn't be hard to justify them hooking up. The two of them would make a very effective team.[/quote']

That they would. And if Mirage and Utility would tone down their hatred of metas just a bit, they could add Shrinker (and some others) to form their own band of merry pranksters, out to make themselves rich and show superheroes as the dopes they are.

Well, I could see Foxbat and Lady Blue. Both of them have Codes vs Killing, and Lady Blue might find Foxbat's mania charming. I could see Foxbat being quite romantic towards her, but since he does EVERYTHING in an overstated way, she could see him as silly but cute.

For some 'opposites attract' pairings, I would submit Green Dragon and Mirage. Both of them have a lot of anger they carry around inside, and if there is a thing of some kind going on with Mirage and Utility, a love triangle could be interesting.

Scorpia and Utility could be another pairing that might be intriguing. And how would Mirage react to that? Not that she cares. :eg:

I felt this thread was lacking in one important department: HLA!

Yeow! Who knew that Eric Bischoff was posting on these forums? ;)

So, I consulted an expert on the subject matter.

Her suggestion was Mentella and Bora would make "an interesting, if tempestuous fling."

Of course, she had to explain who Bora was to the newbie...

Be a good trick seeing as how Bora's dead. Then again, having mentioned pro wrestling above, maybe Mentalla can pull a Katie Vick on Bora's remains? :angst::sick:

Or even better: Bora's body is dead, but her soul/mind is still hovering around! And so Mentalla tries to help her lover find the perfect female body to inhabit, complete with Bora's powers. The Lady of the Winds will be reborn! Mwa-ahaha!

People have mentioned shapshifters now' date=' so I predict the thread will take a turn for the truly perverted :sneaky:[/quote']

I always figured that if my boy Fen found a gal, that somehow shapeshifter creepiness would be involved. That's just the way his luck works.

However, as the gauntlet has been thrown down... and this thread is lacking in male-male action....

Leech and the Monster! Love affair of the hideous abominations against God and nature!

*starts running*

:shock: Talk about liking it rough!

Or would that be Grond and the Monster? :ugly:

Be a good trick seeing as how Bora's dead.

//TANGENTIAL RANT ON!

Well, more than a few posters have noted they ignored that little detail "accidental-a-purpose-like" in the past. As a result, some posters may still have a use for her very living presence in their games. Yes, I know, the official version is the baseline for discussion, but a lot of the posters here have been playing Champs for a very long time, and have ongoing games they didn't want to update because the guy who bought the company didn't like a particuliar villian they were using, and still have uses for.

I know, in my game, accomodating that heavy handed edit would have been problematic. And more than one person has griped about some other villians untimely demises as well. I think simply omitting character's DoJ had no use for in restarting the Champion's Universe would have been a better move than killing them. A simple, "I took the elements I liked, and ignored others" would have been sufficient. I found several of the "kill-offs" annoying. It was also a very iron-agey decision, and doesn't jive with the Silver-Bronze Age way a lot of people run their games. Oddly, even though I ignored it, my game tended to have more iron-age elements than a lot of champions games.

//TANGENTIAL RANT OFF

Von "regards published materials as mere suggestions" D-Man.

Or even better: Bora's body is dead, but her soul/mind is still hovering around! And so Mentalla tries to help her lover find the perfect female body to inhabit, complete with Bora's powers. The Lady of the Winds will be reborn! Mwa-ahaha!

Hence Mentalla and Zephyr....

Hence Mentalla and Zephyr....

You know, Bora was killed in 1996. From her backstory Zephyr doesn't appear to be very old, and her powers emerged when she reached a certain age.

Maybe Bora's spirit did find a home after all. :eg:

P.S. Count me among those who prefer and continue to use the 4E Eurostar, albeit with elements of the 5E and New Millennium versions mixed in.

Viper X would be a good candidate for some sort of involvement. He's bitter, but is still potentially redeemable, and is basically a hero at heart. He could be useful with a female PC, and not necessarily just as a villian-hero pairing, either. He could decide to leave Viper and start a new, quiet life, and then fall in love in his Secret ID. Maybe neither of them know about it until his secret comes to light, bringing our heroine to a... leeeettle dillema. Or maybe he's the only one who can answer the questions the PCs have, or must act to intervene, which forces him to reveal his identity himself. Or maybe he doesn't reveal his identity at first and Viper X mysteriously shows up and backs the hero's against Viper before making good his escape. Maybe there are enough clues that the PC puts two and two together anyways. And then, maybe he goes legit and decides to redeem himself with a new costume. Or, as a villian-villian pairing, maybe he teams up with a female villian and starts working as a mercenary, or forms his own independent team with her help. If he ends up being more shades of gray than black hearted, he might pair well with Cateran for a while. And, of course, some shrewd senior FED might figure out who he is (in any of the above scenarios) and leverage him into doing free-lance work for the government Mack Bolan style. "Look, either you do what we ask, or we make your new life... uncomfortable. Hey, its not so bad. You always loved your country, right?"

Zigzag is pretty Plastic Man in his attitude' date=' so that's half the battle. Only truly malleable female in the CU that I know of is Morph, but unfortunately her personality would be pretty incompatible with that of the Zigger.[/quote']

Maybe, unable to help herself, he cracks her up so badly with his ludicrous antics, so repeatedly, that she softens up for the guy? Or, maybe she proves to have an extremely dead-pan, black sense of humor. It could work... but the real issue here is how to showcase any such relationship in such a way that the players get a feel for it. More often than not players regard direct contact with a villian as an automatic punch-fest; and its hard to do more than the most ham-fisted character development when World War III is on. My games grew out of that phase (without giving up on the occassional big brawl), but the tendency runs deep in a lot of gamers (and game-masters).

Incidentally, I had a supervillian named Stretch who was romantically involved with his partner in crime - the Giantess (a female fitness fantatic who could grow to 80' tall). He doubled as her costume when she got big. They were more into the traditional silver-age villians steal stuff routine, which didn't mesh well with the game, but I was able to use them in a couple of muscle beach ways. the Heroes stopped them very early on (and not because they were looking to), but got their sentence commuted to parole only in exchange for some information on an important figure in a counter-intelligence investigation. I didn't intend to use them again and had them set up a fitness joint on muscle beach, but the players liked them, so they played an occassional humor-cameo role now and again.

Mechanon and a... <CENSORED>

One of my favorite scens from the old Eyebeam strip was the philandering robot character fondling a kitchen appliance murmuring, "Oooh, baby, you have the roundest knobs...." :doi: