Villainous Matchmaking!

Weldun

I promised myself that I would refrain from posting lots of new threads, but I just have to do this. :help:

Let's play matchmaker with various villains in the Champions Universe!

For my entry, I have...

Black Paladin and Talisman.

Lord Liaden has suggested Zorran the Artificer and Stingray.

Any more?

Re: Villainous Matchmaking!

Here, is a scenario that I will probably never run:

GRAB and the Ultimates both try to pull a heist on the same object. Doesn't matter what thi sobject is so long as they both get there at the same time. They start a "we were planning to steal it first!" argument that quickly leads to a fight.

Their battle is of course interupted by the timly arival of the heroes, at which point the villians team up to make their escape. In the process, several of them hit it off.

Blackstar and Black Diamond have two rather complimentary names and power sets. In comic books, this means love at first punch.

I could see the expert aerialists, Cyclone and Blujay, hitting it off quite easily.

Hummingbird and Slick would probably get along well, since they are both shallow and looking for good time. Plus, they have similar interestsc (crime and attractive members of the opposite sex). What more do you need?

It's also got interesting potential to have the guys that are left out in the cold (Binder, Cheshire Cat, Thunderbolt and Radion) to either form a new team or work with the heroes to break up the happy couples.

Alternatly, the four of them could get togehter for one hell of a poker night when the rest of the team is out doing the date night thing.

Holocaust and Gravitar pairing up is already mentioned as one of Holocaust's plot seeds. They do have a lot in common, including massive egos and control issues which should lead to a brief affair and a very destructive breakup.

Stormfront and Zephyr are both air-and-weather manipulators, and both lifelong thieves and con artists. They'd probably get along splendidly, as long as Stormfront doesn't try to boss Zephyr around. Zephyr has a serious problem with authority, and the power to kick Stormfront around the block.

For those who own DEMON: Servants Of Darkness, I suggest a liaison between those two malevolent incarnations of Qliphothic energy, Demoiselle Nocturne and The Left Hand. They may be utterly evil monsters, but they're also male and female, of very similar nature and origin, and pretty good looking.

Holocaust and Gravitar pairing up is already mentioned as one of Holocaust's plot seeds. They do have a lot in common' date=' including massive egos and control issues which should lead to a brief affair and a very destructive breakup.[/quote']

As I recall, Holocaust had several "go for the supervillainess plot seeds. He was described as having a thing for Lady Blue, for instance. True, it doesn't fit in with what has become his "mutants over all" attitude, but then again, considering just what LB's SFX are, maybe no one knows she's a tech villain.

As I recall' date=' Holocaust had several "go for the supervillainess plot seeds. He was described as having a thing for Lady Blue, for instance. True, it doesn't fit in with what has become his "mutants over all" attitude, but then again, considering just what LB's SFX are, maybe no one knows she's a tech villain.[/quote']

Or maybe he's not as strict about the human/mutant thing when he needs to get laid. That is to say, he's a horndog. :D

How about Nebula and Foxbat?

Could be interesting for Nebula to fall for Thunderbird. He has a black and white view of justice which is not dissimilar from Nebula's own. By the definition of his society Thunderbird is breaking the law, and is therefore a criminal who should be punished. OTOH his motivation is to punish those criminals who have themselves escaped the legal system, which is essentially what Nebula herself is doing.

Nebula may fry a few neurons trying to reconcile that paradox. :sneaky:

Interestingly, Mirage has Utility as a Professional Rival in her Disadvantages, and one of her plot seeds in CKC has them in a friendly contest to see who can humiliate the most superheroes. It shouldn't be hard to justify them hooking up. The two of them would make a very effective team.

Could be interesting for Nebula to fall for Thunderbird. He has a black and white view of justice which is not dissimilar from Nebula's own. By the definition of his society Thunderbird is breaking the law, and is therefore a criminal who should be punished. OTOH his motivation is to punish those criminals who have themselves escaped the legal system, which is essentially what Nebula herself is doing.

Nebula may fry a few neurons trying to reconcile that paradox. :sneaky:

Nebula judges people based on her own legal system, with no consideration for local law. They might actually hit it off.

Could you imagine a Nebula who actually sought out the most dangerous supers, courtesy of Thunderbird's input?

Masq and the true shapeshifter from the Ultimate Metamorph?? I can't remember her name...is it Metamorph?

That would be a -confusing- relationship.

It's just Morph.

People have mentioned shapshifters now, so I predict the thread will take a turn for the truly perverted :sneaky:

Nebula judges people based on her own legal system, with no consideration for local law. They might actually hit it off.

Could you imagine a Nebula who actually sought out the most dangerous supers, courtesy of Thunderbird's input?

Good point. As others have pointed out, Nebula is a bit of a one-trick pony who could be largely hamstrung by taking her Duress gauntlets; but with Thunderbird to back her up they would make a pretty dangerous pair. :fear:

There's nothing quite like a bottle of Foxbatphermones! Time for Freddy to get out their and do the Foxtrot!

Mentalla ended up betraying Eurostar to the Freedom Patrol (in a way that pretty much led her old team to get stomped into bone-breaking defunct-dom at the end of a very long-term and bitter shadow rivalry, and then wen't "legit." Well, not really legit, but not a terrorist, either. She turned herself into something of an underworld information broker who dealt with both criminals and intelligence operatives. Since the game revolved around the US Government's super-spook team, and their Project Director kept tabs on her, she ended up being a contact/plot device. There was a weird, semi-erotic Hannibal Lector-Clarisse Starling interplay between her and one of the more senior members of the team; and they had an on-again, off-again romance with him. This worked because I didn't make her quite as much of a "vindictive-stalker-girl" as her official write-up indicates. She was more of a really dangerous femme fatale, and she was so morally ambiguous, and had so much contact with "bad elements," that one of the players was hilariously (and shockingly) paranoid about her.

One of my player's decided his character had a real thing for Scorpia (his character was an intelligence agent that had been deep-cover inside the IRA (and crossed some lines in maintaining that cover). He worked her into his background in a vague way and we played it up. It was one of those - old lovers who are on opposite sides of a very lethal game sort of subtext.

As for villian-villian romances, there were a few homebrew villians that were engaged in amorous liaisons, but I didn't really use any from the books that way.